Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 65 66
[quote name="Undel" date="2022-12-14 11:34:43" ] [quote name="Oakensleaf" date="2022-12-14 11:21:03" ] I have a question I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed? [/quote] The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting. [/quote] Thank you for the clarification!
Undel wrote on 2022-12-14 11:34:43:
Oakensleaf wrote on 2022-12-14 11:21:03:
I have a question
I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed?

The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting.
Thank you for the clarification!
Alina
She/They/Saturn/Space
Previously Oakensleaf
FR +3
ROm4zxj.png l6nCFA8.png
don't blame being raised in america for your ignorance. your ignorance is your own fault in this, the age of the internet. glad yall are changing it but come on now, thats a bad excuse
don't blame being raised in america for your ignorance. your ignorance is your own fault in this, the age of the internet. glad yall are changing it but come on now, thats a bad excuse
dBieivA.png
eIK5iG7.png
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
xj6Mn2e.png
A Bottomless Curse,
A Bottomless Sea
Accepting of
All that there Is
And can Be
65911250.png
WbuVpYC.png
[quote name="KallyPaige" date="2022-12-14 11:38:33" ] I think that the text on the dominance page should also be changed due to this too. It'd be cruel to call them hordes when we're supposed to view them as sentient and sapient peoples, rather than thoughtless monsters. Does that make sense? [/quote] that line always struck me as a bit :/ too. referring to them as hordes echoes real life connotations, and [b]even if this is a fictional game it's still real people playing it that may see it and thus harmed by it[/b]. (which is a thing everyone should bear in mind wrt why the change needed to be made in the first place). so i hope that's going to be changed as well!
KallyPaige wrote on 2022-12-14 11:38:33:
I think that the text on the dominance page should also be changed due to this too. It'd be cruel to call them hordes when we're supposed to view them as sentient and sapient peoples, rather than thoughtless monsters.
Does that make sense?

that line always struck me as a bit :/ too. referring to them as hordes echoes real life connotations, and even if this is a fictional game it's still real people playing it that may see it and thus harmed by it. (which is a thing everyone should bear in mind wrt why the change needed to be made in the first place). so i hope that's going to be changed as well!
xxxxxxxxxxxx z7nuUUl.png
n e o c o r e s

PihiS2x.png XeKwmKw.png w3zytgg.png KhxNmWJ.png
CQ7Bbrl.png
rUoKR6y.png

5hF3FGk.png

coder | item
33337.png
love this!!!
love this!!!
OjYCOIV.png
Oh wow!
The beastclan issue was a big reason I just straight up ignored lore for the most part, but I love the fact you all are willing to change it to be less of an issue!
I love the new artwork too, looks great!
Oh wow!
The beastclan issue was a big reason I just straight up ignored lore for the most part, but I love the fact you all are willing to change it to be less of an issue!
I love the new artwork too, looks great!
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
REMINDER: We will remove and are removing comments that are either inflammatory, not constructive, or are quoting/responding to such replies. If someone posts something inflammatory or violates the rules, report the post and make use of the block feature. Thank you.
REMINDER: We will remove and are removing comments that are either inflammatory, not constructive, or are quoting/responding to such replies. If someone posts something inflammatory or violates the rules, report the post and make use of the block feature. Thank you.
my clan always had a harpy alliance in lore and this change is much welcomed, beastclan win!
my clan always had a harpy alliance in lore and this change is much welcomed, beastclan win!
rrSy9NF.gif
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you Staff ! this is a great update in many ways.
I love the harpies and it's so nice to see snippets of their life and culture in Sornieth reflected in the familiars poses / activities ! love the scene as well, and i'm so excited to know and see more about this world like this ! (crossing fingers for Serthis time soon)
Thank you Staff ! this is a great update in many ways.
I love the harpies and it's so nice to see snippets of their life and culture in Sornieth reflected in the familiars poses / activities ! love the scene as well, and i'm so excited to know and see more about this world like this ! (crossing fingers for Serthis time soon)
ZNhRsiG.png
I'm happy to see this change. I never liked the idea of my dragons fighting other sentient species, regardless of the other implications. I've completely ignored the beast clans to the point that I don't like attaching them to my dragons as familiars. Now that has been removed, and opens up a lot more of the game to enjoy instead of ignore. Thanks, staff!
I'm happy to see this change. I never liked the idea of my dragons fighting other sentient species, regardless of the other implications. I've completely ignored the beast clans to the point that I don't like attaching them to my dragons as familiars. Now that has been removed, and opens up a lot more of the game to enjoy instead of ignore. Thanks, staff!
D17BJbU.jpgyzvRydr.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 65 66