Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 65 66
[quote name="Oakensleaf" date="2022-12-14 11:21:03" ] I have a question I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed? [/quote] The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting.
Oakensleaf wrote on 2022-12-14 11:21:03:
I have a question
I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed?

The Beastclan opponents in the coliseum will remain. The dragons are not at war with the Beastclans nor are they trying to take their territory, but all life in Sornieth can be susceptible to Shade taint and the dragons can fight and cleanse it in small quantities. If the creature or Beastclan who is cleansed is happy enough, they may even decided to follow you home as your friend! From a mechanic perspective it gives us the ability to have more ways to acquire familiars from our world setting.
I genuinely have no idea what's going on because I joined yesterday. But regardless this sounds like a good move! Not only to move forward in a more sensitive matter but opening up creative opportunities for something new and fresh.
I genuinely have no idea what's going on because I joined yesterday. But regardless this sounds like a good move! Not only to move forward in a more sensitive matter but opening up creative opportunities for something new and fresh.
hZdN6.gifO6r6k.gifSYI0y.gifKTCV3.gif
[quote name="dreamclaws" date="2022-12-14 11:32:20" ] [quote name="RoxxiFloofs" date="2022-12-14 11:06:50" ] I wonder if Baldwin's Brew will change a bit because of this? Throwing Beastclan members into the cauldron seems kind of... wrong (as funny as it is to imagine just tossing an entire centaur in) [/quote] @/RoxxiFloofs IIRC the creature itself doesn't get put in the cauldron lol but a sample of hair or feathers or whatever. [/quote] @dreamclaws Oh, okay lol that's much better then
dreamclaws wrote on 2022-12-14 11:32:20:
RoxxiFloofs wrote on 2022-12-14 11:06:50:
I wonder if Baldwin's Brew will change a bit because of this? Throwing Beastclan members into the cauldron seems kind of... wrong (as funny as it is to imagine just tossing an entire centaur in)

@/RoxxiFloofs IIRC the creature itself doesn't get put in the cauldron lol but a sample of hair or feathers or whatever.
@dreamclaws Oh, okay lol that's much better then
[quote name="Mutation" date="2022-12-14 11:32:09" ] [quote name="@Oakensleaf" date="2022-12-14 11:21:03" ] I have a question I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed? [/quote] My guess is that from now on, Shade-touched Beastclan foes will be a thing in canon, the same way as was established happens to non-sapient animals like Podid. I imagine it takes a greater amount of Shade influence to puppeteer a Beastclan just like it would a Dragon, so maybe familiar drops could be construed as the Dragons undertaking a rescue, and the recovered Beastclan joining the Dragons' clan in gratitude or because they formed a bond with one of the Dragons over the course of their recovery? [/quote] I really like that idea! We'll have to wait for what the devs say, but I would be happy if that gets integrated into lore (I posted this before I saw Undel's response and I'm glad it what you two said was similar!)
Mutation wrote on 2022-12-14 11:32:09:
@Oakensleaf wrote on 2022-12-14 11:21:03:
I have a question
I know that there are beastclan members that are fight able enemies in the coliseum, will those remain and the lore will be adapted to explain their presence in the coliseum or will they be removed?

My guess is that from now on, Shade-touched Beastclan foes will be a thing in canon, the same way as was established happens to non-sapient animals like Podid. I imagine it takes a greater amount of Shade influence to puppeteer a Beastclan just like it would a Dragon, so maybe familiar drops could be construed as the Dragons undertaking a rescue, and the recovered Beastclan joining the Dragons' clan in gratitude or because they formed a bond with one of the Dragons over the course of their recovery?
I really like that idea! We'll have to wait for what the devs say, but I would be happy if that gets integrated into lore

(I posted this before I saw Undel's response and I'm glad it what you two said was similar!)
Alina
She/They/Saturn/Space
Previously Oakensleaf
FR +3
ROm4zxj.png l6nCFA8.png
I didn't expect to see this ^^ It's nice to see. I'm looking forward to the rest of the revamped lore!
I didn't expect to see this ^^ It's nice to see. I'm looking forward to the rest of the revamped lore!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I don't often comment on news posts but this one made me tear up a little, thank ya'll so much for taking this step. Brb while I also cry over the harpies I love them so much.
I don't often comment on news posts but this one made me tear up a little, thank ya'll so much for taking this step. Brb while I also cry over the harpies I love them so much.
hunters-hatcher.png
Clan lore
Haha!

I remember having so many arguments over this, and people going "No, you're overexaggerating! It's just a pet game". Feels almost as good as when elims were knocked off their pedestal.

I've always thought it was weird that the dragons were very clearly painted to be the villains, made it very hard to like them canonically.

Also, why is no one pointing out the very clear reference to a wind ancient in the harpy lore?
Haha!

I remember having so many arguments over this, and people going "No, you're overexaggerating! It's just a pet game". Feels almost as good as when elims were knocked off their pedestal.

I've always thought it was weird that the dragons were very clearly painted to be the villains, made it very hard to like them canonically.

Also, why is no one pointing out the very clear reference to a wind ancient in the harpy lore?
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
Ohh, that was unexpected, but quite nice! Harpies are probably among my favorite beastclans. Gotta check that out!
Ohh, that was unexpected, but quite nice! Harpies are probably among my favorite beastclans. Gotta check that out!
| She/her |
|
Major bird nerd |
|
Trade thread |

|
Ping me everywhere! |
_ _ _____ small pixel of Flannery, as a Yi Qi dinosaur64297510_Ug4.pngpixel of Gearguts as a Rhamphorrynchus
Well this is a little awkward.... because I have like... years of lore based around this, on most of my lore-heavy dragons.

Nice that it's addressed though. Hopefully Staff will keep things in mind if we suddenly get a new wave of report-happy "helpful" players now reporting lore that wasn't problematic yesterday?
Well this is a little awkward.... because I have like... years of lore based around this, on most of my lore-heavy dragons.

Nice that it's addressed though. Hopefully Staff will keep things in mind if we suddenly get a new wave of report-happy "helpful" players now reporting lore that wasn't problematic yesterday?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
question: will those in the coliseum have an explanation for being there, or is that just a 'mechanics vs lore' disconnect (like how when you put a familiar into baldwin's cauldron, it's not actually sacrificing something to the ooze, but for the sake of mechanics the familiar is lost)?

Edit: i backscrolled and saw the explanation!

as a side note, disappointed by those on this thread reacting with 'why does it matter' and 'im not changing my own lore'. but i'm glad that the staff made this change, openly and respectfully addressed it, and most of the posts on this thread are positive. i hope that the staff takes users being upset about the change seriously, as well.
question: will those in the coliseum have an explanation for being there, or is that just a 'mechanics vs lore' disconnect (like how when you put a familiar into baldwin's cauldron, it's not actually sacrificing something to the ooze, but for the sake of mechanics the familiar is lost)?

Edit: i backscrolled and saw the explanation!

as a side note, disappointed by those on this thread reacting with 'why does it matter' and 'im not changing my own lore'. but i'm glad that the staff made this change, openly and respectfully addressed it, and most of the posts on this thread are positive. i hope that the staff takes users being upset about the change seriously, as well.
xxxxxxxxxxxx z7nuUUl.png
n e o c o r e s

PihiS2x.png XeKwmKw.png w3zytgg.png KhxNmWJ.png
CQ7Bbrl.png
rUoKR6y.png

5hF3FGk.png

coder | item
33337.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 65 66