Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements & Anniversary
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 42
IMHO, achievements should always be ACHIEVEable. So please, no retired achievements please. ("Trophies" are a different matter entirely.)
IMHO, achievements should always be ACHIEVEable. So please, no retired achievements please. ("Trophies" are a different matter entirely.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'm so glad we finally have an update on what's happening to the achievement system, after it's been offline for years.
I'm so glad we finally have an update on what's happening to the achievement system, after it's been offline for years.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2022-12-12 11:54:04" ] [quote name="Booleano" date="2022-12-12 10:08:08" ] Will the Boolean Achievement make a return? [/quote] This category is one of the first things we discussed. We don't have any plans for achievements that only a small group of people can get, not even for zero points. [/quote] Thank you for this. --- I hope these pursuits will get players more interested in exalting, I feel like it would be a good way to get people in non-dom flights to engage with that system.
Aequorin wrote on 2022-12-12 11:54:04:
Booleano wrote on 2022-12-12 10:08:08:
Will the Boolean Achievement make a return?

This category is one of the first things we discussed. We don't have any plans for achievements that only a small group of people can get, not even for zero points.

Thank you for this.

---
I hope these pursuits will get players more interested in exalting, I feel like it would be a good way to get people in non-dom flights to engage with that system.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

Oh wow, I'm super excited for this! When achievements would make their inevitable return, I had no idea there'd be so much TLC put into the system! My expectations have been blown out of the water, and I'm really looking forward to Pursuits. :)
Oh wow, I'm super excited for this! When achievements would make their inevitable return, I had no idea there'd be so much TLC put into the system! My expectations have been blown out of the water, and I'm really looking forward to Pursuits. :)
5KyfVO0.png
Y3ss5jo.pngrjlFFu0.pngV4C7iqz.pngvD2mGJA.pngZAD0xZG.pngiuGyQfp.png
VR2c9ts.png
[quote name="SnakeJobs" date="2022-12-12 11:19:39" ] Question regarding the three pursuit types: daily, weekly, and monthly. Do you need to log in every day in order to complete them? I play a game with a similar idea of pursuits and if you miss a single day you automatically lose the chance to finish the weekly and monthly quests for that month. [/quote] This is a good question and we understand why you'd have this concern! That's not how we plan on approaching the development of pursuits. By design, pursuits are meant to be less intensive and contain more lenient objectives. For instance: as it stands right now, we are concepting our weekly and monthly pursuits in a way so that weekly pursuits can be comfortably completed in about 4ish days and monthly pursuits can comfortably be completed in about 20 days. For daily pursuits, you can expect that they'd be simple enough and brief enough that they could be knocked out in a few minutes. Our goal is to intentionally design pursuits to feel like they are more or less being completed fairly naturally as you do normal gameplay and (if we do this right) you won't feel compelled to max them every time. They're just a cherry on top and way for players to grab a bit more currency to supplement what they're earning through achievements.
SnakeJobs wrote on 2022-12-12 11:19:39:
Question regarding the three pursuit types: daily, weekly, and monthly.

Do you need to log in every day in order to complete them?

I play a game with a similar idea of pursuits and if you miss a single day you automatically lose the chance to finish the weekly and monthly quests for that month.

This is a good question and we understand why you'd have this concern! That's not how we plan on approaching the development of pursuits. By design, pursuits are meant to be less intensive and contain more lenient objectives.

For instance: as it stands right now, we are concepting our weekly and monthly pursuits in a way so that weekly pursuits can be comfortably completed in about 4ish days and monthly pursuits can comfortably be completed in about 20 days. For daily pursuits, you can expect that they'd be simple enough and brief enough that they could be knocked out in a few minutes.

Our goal is to intentionally design pursuits to feel like they are more or less being completed fairly naturally as you do normal gameplay and (if we do this right) you won't feel compelled to max them every time. They're just a cherry on top and way for players to grab a bit more currency to supplement what they're earning through achievements.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Are pursuits going to be the same for all players or are they going to be different for each player?

Also are pursuits only after all the main achievements are gone or are they always there?
Are pursuits going to be the same for all players or are they going to be different for each player?

Also are pursuits only after all the main achievements are gone or are they always there?
I've always enjoyed the FR achievements. this is exciting news. thankyou staff for updates.
I've always enjoyed the FR achievements. this is exciting news. thankyou staff for updates.
- - - - - wind-badge-2023 - -
-

Dragons for sale
-· buy a nugget?

-
-- plague-badge-2024-plague-badge-2024
I love the idea of pursuits! Gives me another reason to keep checking on the game when I have nothing to do. Super excited!
I love the idea of pursuits! Gives me another reason to keep checking on the game when I have nothing to do. Super excited!
shork_mascot_shrunk.png qjPdVei.png
AaYNmEX.png
mlHpBMC.png
q5M254J.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
Earth-Network.png
[quote name="Doglover287915" date="2022-12-12 12:33:42" ] Are pursuits going to be the same for all players or are they going to be different for each player? Also are pursuits only after all the main achievements are gone or are they always there? [/quote] We are still deciding on your first question; it's a good one and needs a lot of consideration. For your second question: pursuits will always be there and always be available. Even if you register for [i]Flight Rising[/i] on June 8th, 2023, you'll still be able to interact with the Pursuits system.
Doglover287915 wrote on 2022-12-12 12:33:42:

We are still deciding on your first question; it's a good one and needs a lot of consideration. For your second question: pursuits will always be there and always be available. Even if you register for Flight Rising on June 8th, 2023, you'll still be able to interact with the Pursuits system.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-12 11:57:57" ] [quote name="ZoranaDragon" date="2022-12-12 11:03:58" ] Heck yeah!! And new things for completing them too? That's awesome! I can't wait to see the new achievements! Quick question, will the older players be able to see the old achievements they got before they where originally removed? Even if they don't reward anything I'd like to see what ones I used to have. [/quote] Unfortunately, given how patchy and old the progression data is for legacy achievements, there isn't really a way for us to surface that information to players given how vastly different the underlying achievement architecture is. At some point in the future it's possible that we may be able to pull it out as historical information, but it's not being scoped into this project. [/quote] if I remember right; when the old achievements retired it was said each player's data was saved and stored away for when achievements make a return. did something happen to this saved data? edit: just for clarification; I don't mean they would return as actual achievements and give us points, but more like a legacy display case for us older players!
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-12-12 11:57:57:
ZoranaDragon wrote on 2022-12-12 11:03:58:
Heck yeah!! And new things for completing them too? That's awesome!

I can't wait to see the new achievements!

Quick question, will the older players be able to see the old achievements they got before they where originally removed? Even if they don't reward anything I'd like to see what ones I used to have.

Unfortunately, given how patchy and old the progression data is for legacy achievements, there isn't really a way for us to surface that information to players given how vastly different the underlying achievement architecture is. At some point in the future it's possible that we may be able to pull it out as historical information, but it's not being scoped into this project.

if I remember right; when the old achievements retired it was said each player's data was saved and stored away for when achievements make a return. did something happen to this saved data?
edit: just for clarification; I don't mean they would return as actual achievements and give us points, but more like a legacy display case for us older players!
fellefansigadopts1.gifartshopN.png
_
F E L L E F A N
call me Fella
Artist | 25 | +9h | he/she
• Dragonsona
• DeviantArt
• Linktree
• Speedpaints
• Characters______________
my-emblem-sig.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 42