Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | New to Forums | New friends?
Hello! Although we have had this account for four years, this is my first serious post here. My name is Lan and I'm the host of The Porcelain System; you may address me by whichever set of pronouns you choose.
Our former account holder, Raegan, still plays with us, but we've been discussing the possibility of getting to know the community and becoming more involved for a variety of reasons. As for forum formatting, I'm not very good at it either and am trying to improve in that area.

I'm not great at giving introductions, so I'm not sure whether I should introduce us all as a system or just myself (because I'm the one writing the post with everyone else's feedback).
As an artist, I'd want to start selling my work on the forums, but I suffer from severe social anxiety and have yet to get up the nerve to do so. Heavy metal is my favourite genre, and I like listening to many kinds of music. Currently, I am primarily active on Discord and like playing video games. (porches#0001)

We're a system of 11 people who, once we get going and feel more at home, will probably start contributing to online discussion forums as well.

We enjoy meeting new people and would especially want to get to know the more 
involved members of the community, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Additionally, I am a writer who enjoys roleplaying and DMing such roleplays in my spare time; our system and I have a large number of personal characters that we use in our campaigns outside of Flight Rising. I'd love to hear more about your own characters and writing style if you're interested in discussing roleplay. :)
Hello! Although we have had this account for four years, this is my first serious post here. My name is Lan and I'm the host of The Porcelain System; you may address me by whichever set of pronouns you choose.
Our former account holder, Raegan, still plays with us, but we've been discussing the possibility of getting to know the community and becoming more involved for a variety of reasons. As for forum formatting, I'm not very good at it either and am trying to improve in that area.

I'm not great at giving introductions, so I'm not sure whether I should introduce us all as a system or just myself (because I'm the one writing the post with everyone else's feedback).
As an artist, I'd want to start selling my work on the forums, but I suffer from severe social anxiety and have yet to get up the nerve to do so. Heavy metal is my favourite genre, and I like listening to many kinds of music. Currently, I am primarily active on Discord and like playing video games. (porches#0001)

We're a system of 11 people who, once we get going and feel more at home, will probably start contributing to online discussion forums as well.

involved members of the community, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Additionally, I am a writer who enjoys roleplaying and DMing such roleplays in my spare time; our system and I have a large number of personal characters that we use in our campaigns outside of Flight Rising. I'd love to hear more about your own characters and writing style if you're interested in discussing roleplay. :)
A rupture in the fabric of reality, trapped in a mortal vessel, sentenced to death, till our liberation sees us part ways. Our development into our ideal selves will occur throughout this little window of time between our predetermined destinies. Join us on our adventure, won't you?

; You can call us Porches.
; https://en.pronouns.page/@Scallywag
It's wonderful to meet all of you! We in the deeps are looking forward to seeing the results of your creative endeavors: artistic, roleplaying, or otherwise. Would you like to share any stories from your DM experience with Us? It sounds like a great way to share your interests and experiences. We are very new here, and We hope this letter facilitates future positivity and friendship between us. Especially as you seem to be quite experienced and warm despite your prior reticence. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [right]-Patriarch Niruin[emoji=water rune size=1][/right]
It's wonderful to meet all of you! We in the deeps are looking forward to seeing the results of your creative endeavors: artistic, roleplaying, or otherwise. Would you like to share any stories from your DM experience with Us? It sounds like a great way to share your interests and experiences.

We are very new here, and We hope this letter facilitates future positivity and friendship between us. Especially as you seem to be quite experienced and warm despite your prior reticence.
-Patriarch Niruin

tumblr_obnuwuJkgd1vu9karo10_500.png
@LumenSeaborn

In our own tiny worlds and in friends' worlds with permission, we've DM'd campaigns of adventure, often with fantasy themes or science fiction. In games, I engage in roleplaying on occasion, but dice-rolling is my preferred method. The last several months have seen me spending a lot of time in Guild Wars 2, Warframe, and The Isle.

Congratulations on your decision to join Flight Rising! If you ever find yourself in need of assistance in expanding your lair, I am here to provide a hand. I really like this game, and I think you will, too. - Lan
@LumenSeaborn

In our own tiny worlds and in friends' worlds with permission, we've DM'd campaigns of adventure, often with fantasy themes or science fiction. In games, I engage in roleplaying on occasion, but dice-rolling is my preferred method. The last several months have seen me spending a lot of time in Guild Wars 2, Warframe, and The Isle.

Congratulations on your decision to join Flight Rising! If you ever find yourself in need of assistance in expanding your lair, I am here to provide a hand. I really like this game, and I think you will, too. - Lan
A rupture in the fabric of reality, trapped in a mortal vessel, sentenced to death, till our liberation sees us part ways. Our development into our ideal selves will occur throughout this little window of time between our predetermined destinies. Join us on our adventure, won't you?

@Porcelana

Hey, we're a system too! So nice to meet you, we are a bit of a mess as we formed fairly recently as a trauma response (within the past few years) but it's comforting to find other systems out there. We are very new to the system community and it kinda of overwhelms us, haha. ^^; We have about accounted for 6 members!

I see you're an avid roleplayer! I used to be (I used to roleplay dumb little stories about my wolves on a game called WolfQuest almost every day) but now it intimidates me a little bit. I wouldn't say I'm super literate ;w;

Something I've seen other people do, in regards to art forum managing, is have someone else run the store while you do the drawing. If you need something like that, let me know, and I would be happy to do the talking (sorry if this is too forward, I just want to help!)
@Porcelana

Hey, we're a system too! So nice to meet you, we are a bit of a mess as we formed fairly recently as a trauma response (within the past few years) but it's comforting to find other systems out there. We are very new to the system community and it kinda of overwhelms us, haha. ^^; We have about accounted for 6 members!

I see you're an avid roleplayer! I used to be (I used to roleplay dumb little stories about my wolves on a game called WolfQuest almost every day) but now it intimidates me a little bit. I wouldn't say I'm super literate ;w;

Something I've seen other people do, in regards to art forum managing, is have someone else run the store while you do the drawing. If you need something like that, let me know, and I would be happy to do the talking (sorry if this is too forward, I just want to help!)
@NeroPawz

We forgot to subscribe to the thread;

It's really comforting to see other systems around, I really appreciate you saying hi! We currently have 12 members in ours. ^^

I loved wolfquest back in the day, lately, when it comes to roleplaying games I've been more into Draconia, Guild Wars 2, FHU (rarely), The Isle and very casually Red Dead Online. Though I much rather roleplay in discord because that gives me time to think of my replies a lot better haha.

And thank you so much for the offer, I would love help getting started, a friend is hyping us up by offering to help bump the site; and lately, our co-host has been working on a carrd and opening our social media to start to get out there. It would be nice to get to talk to you more about it if you'd like?
If you have discord our user is porches#0001 :)
@NeroPawz

We forgot to subscribe to the thread;

It's really comforting to see other systems around, I really appreciate you saying hi! We currently have 12 members in ours. ^^

I loved wolfquest back in the day, lately, when it comes to roleplaying games I've been more into Draconia, Guild Wars 2, FHU (rarely), The Isle and very casually Red Dead Online. Though I much rather roleplay in discord because that gives me time to think of my replies a lot better haha.

And thank you so much for the offer, I would love help getting started, a friend is hyping us up by offering to help bump the site; and lately, our co-host has been working on a carrd and opening our social media to start to get out there. It would be nice to get to talk to you more about it if you'd like?
If you have discord our user is porches#0001 :)