Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 ... 249 250
omg the nostalgia from those two lol theyre just like juliette and thorburn
omg the nostalgia from those two lol theyre just like juliette and thorburn
@Wufflesnuff

I know right??? I felt the same nostalgia while writing them! It wasn't an intentional parallel, but it's how it played out and I am very happy about it!
@Wufflesnuff

I know right??? I felt the same nostalgia while writing them! It wasn't an intentional parallel, but it's how it played out and I am very happy about it!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Woof, Yefrem seems a bit on the shady side. Lazuli seems cool, though. I like how she's sticking up for the customers

(Btw, is it Yefren or Yefrem? I noticed he's called "Yefrem" on his page, but referred to as "Yefren" in this chapter. maybe he has an evil twin)
Woof, Yefrem seems a bit on the shady side. Lazuli seems cool, though. I like how she's sticking up for the customers

(Btw, is it Yefren or Yefrem? I noticed he's called "Yefrem" on his page, but referred to as "Yefren" in this chapter. maybe he has an evil twin)
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

It's funny, this is twice now that we have had a shady pastel dragon!

Whoops! That's a misspelling on my part, thanks for catching that! I will fix it!
@Disillusionist

It's funny, this is twice now that we have had a shady pastel dragon!

Whoops! That's a misspelling on my part, thanks for catching that! I will fix it!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/185#post_52858399]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 238: A Crystallized Dream[/u][/b] [item=berserker] Sentence: Death Streak Roll[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77438065][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=77438065&skin=0&apparel=42693,42930,38287,38290,38289,38286,6266&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80822169][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=80822169&skin=0&apparel=3288,20584,20578,20579,20582,20581&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Are you sure you don't want to come an join the festivities? It's the last day of Rockbreaker's Ceremony," Destiny urged, turning back to look at her nephew before leaving. Everyone else had left the house, and she was feeling less and less right about leaving him alone. Sure, some dragons were naturally hermits, and thrived in isolation and solitude, but this did not seem like that was that it was. She knew loneliness, and it was written all over the spiral's face. Still, Elderith shook his head vigorously. "I want to stay here," The spiral said quietly, not even making eye contact. "Are you sure?" Destiny pushed. "There's a lot of fun things out there, lots of great food and games and events." "I'm too scared," Elderith said, almost frozen in obvious fear. Destiny had noticed he was a lot less energetic than most spirals, almost as if he was scared to move. She could not imagine the strain it put on his body to force himself to stay still. Destiny didn't want to push him beyond what was comfortable, but she was concerned about what would happen if he continued to spiral in his anxiety, so trapped by caution he had no chance to even live. The guardian closed the door, and lowered her head to his level. "Hey, bud," Destiny said softly. "Are you happy living this way?" Elderith shook his head, tears beginning to form in his eyes. "I feel as though I am missing out on so much," he croaked. "But I just can't do it, it's too dangerous out there, I don't want to do anything wrong. I don't want to get hurt, or ruin anything, or hurt anyone." "Is that what this is about?" Destiny said, everything suddenly clicking together. "The Shade?" "What if I have it?" Elderith started sobbing. "What if it's within me and I don't know it, and all of a sudden something unexpected happens and it bursts out of me! I know I've done a lot of lessons with Equilibrium to control it, but what if that's not enough! And now I'm so used to being scared of that, that everything seems dangerous. What if I turn into a beast like Triton? What if I get kidnapped like Mandore and Persephone's kids? The world is so dangerous." "Let me tell you a story," Destiny said, falling back on her coping mechanism of old. She launched into a tale of a guardian, searching for her charge. She told of the dangers she faced, and overcame, trying not to enhance too many of the scary details. Elderith was transfixed, he slowly stopped crying and began to calm down. "The point of the story is that guardians are made to protect. What if you go out with me, and you stay on my back. I will protect you, and if the need arises, I will protect others from you." Destiny offered. "If it gets to be too much, I'll take you home. But let's give it a try. After all, the guardian faced many dangers, but she also would never have found the purpose in her life without facing them, she never would have found what her heart desired most. I don't want you to miss out because of your anxiety. I know it's not your fault, but we'll get you help. We can talk to Gaheris even, there are medicines that are known to help with this." "Thank you," Elderith started crying again, but happy tears this time. "Thank you, Aunt Destiny. I'm tired of being scared all the time, but I don't know how to be anything else. I'll give this a try, as long as you keep me safe." "Of course, I promise I won't let go." [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74609901][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=74609901&skin=0&apparel=34238,27974,20553&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74609896][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=74609896&skin=0&apparel=10371,749,25179,25182,25181,25180,25185,25184&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hey, I hope this is not a bad time," Flint said, taking up a seat at the bar. Backflip was still busier than usual, but not as busy as it had been throughout the previous nights of Rockbreaker's. Most of the dragons were out and about enjoying the last of the festivities. Behind the counter, Malcolm was cleaning a glass, taking advantage of the lull in service. "Hey, is this a serious conversation?" Malcolm put down the glass, looking concerned. "Did something happen?" "No, not exactly," Flint sighed. "I just wanted to apologize for, you know, not being around. I took it hard when everything went down with Grayson, and I couldn't see your grieving process. And then you got close to Maria and started your family, and I felt replaced, so I made myself scarce. Now that I have a family of my own, I want to apologize. I didn't understand what those kind of bonds are like, or how much responsibility being a parent entailed. I wasn't fair to you." Malcolm didn't say anything for a while, just poured a glass of Flint's favourite and slid it across to them. "Thank you," Malcolm said, looking down. "But I owe you an apology too. I was kinda mean about the whole thing. I pushed you away, and that wasn't fair to you when you just wanted to help. I think it was a mutual falling out, don't let yourself take all the credit." "Are you sure, because I-" Flint began, before Malcolm cut them off. "Flint. I have known you since we were hatchlings. I know how much you overthink things. I won't let you work yourself up over this when I am equally to blame. Cut yourself from slack. I was a bit of a jerk." Malcolm admitted. "Now that we've both acknowledged it, let's put it behind us and just be siblings again." "Yeah, I like the sound of that," Flint sniffed, wiping away a single tear. "So how are your kids doing? Coral and Leopold, right?" Malcolm asked. "Oh, they are doing great! They are both very different though. I don't know where Coral got her fighting spirit, she's brutal when she gets into it, but she's talented for sure. Leopold is the polar opposite, he just wants to lay around all day. I'm glad they've both found what they are comfortable with. How is Leo?" "He takes after you, and his mother," Malcolm admitted. "He's a bit of an overthinker as well, but he also has dealt with more than most dragons. It can't be easy, being the only survivor out of his clutch. His emotional support dog, Nala, is a huge help though." The two nocturnes chatted until late in the night, chatting moreso than they had since before Grayson had been eaten by the underground beast. It felt right, like holes had been filled in both of their lives. As the night stretched into the early hours of the morning and the nocturnes sat alone across the bar from each other, Flint vowed to never let anything get between them and their brother ever again. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] Elderith was panicking, he had been separated from Destiny after being distracted by trying to catch up with a merchant who was wandering around the clan selling snacks. Now he had his cotton candy, but he had lost sight of his aunt. That should not have been the case, she was very large and therefore likely easy to spot, but the panic was closing in and it was make it difficult to spot faces in the crowd. Looking around, everywhere seemed to be crowded, and so he went the only place that seemed to be empty - up. Eventually, he settled on a high tree branch of The Refuge, high above the crowds. Finally, he could think and breathe. It took a whole five seconds before he realized how high up he was, and he hit a whole other panic. He was just about to fling himself from the tree and fly into any random direction he could find, when he head a voice behind him. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81019028][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=81019028&skin=0&apparel=42693,28362,28364,28366,28367,28368,28418,2502&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Are you okay? You look lost," A wide-eyed snapper said, looking at him with a look of concern. Elderith was fairly certain he had never seen before. "Just... don't like crowds, don't like heights," Elderith admitted, trying to get his breathing under control. "I don't like crowds either," the snapper admitted. "Enough to make me climb this tree - and that's hard for a snapper. I'm Eros by the way." "Elderith," The spiral held out a hand, calming down a little being able to focus on this new dragon. "Wow, I don't think I've willingly talked to someone this much since I arrived, and I've been here for a little while now," Eros said, taken aback. "I can't remember the last time I spoke to anyone outside my family," Elderith admitted. With each word, he felt the anxiety dissipating. Something about their shared fears made her presence calming. And the more he talked to her without anything bad happening, the more he was assured that maybe strangers weren't so bad after all. "Do you... maybe want to stay up here with me for a bit?" Eros asked, looking hopeful. "I've never had a friend before." "A friend?" The thought made Elderith feel dizzy. Though not a bad dizzy, if that was possible? "Yeah. I-if that's okay, of course. I don't want to presume. oh no, I've messed things up!" Eros's smile faded to be replaced by panic, causing Elderith to feel a surge of guilt. "Of course it's okay! I was just surprised, that's all!" Elderith said. "I've never had a friend either, outside of my family, that is." "O-okay," Eros smiled nervously. "Maybe it will bee good practice for us," Elderith suggested. "If we're scared of people. We can help each other learn not to be scared. My aunt said-" he trailed off as he suddenly caught sight of a familiar shape below their branch. Destiny was clearly looking for him, as she was calling his name rather loudly. "I've got to go, I don't want her to get too worried," Elderith sighed, feeling somewhat disappointed. "Oh, okay," He could see his own disappointment reflected in Eros's eyes. "You could come with me?" Elderith offered. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind you tagging along." "No, I'm okay," Eros stepped a few paces back. "I'm not ready for that yet. But, wanna meet me here tomorrow? Same time?" "Sure!" Elderith smiled slightly. He didn't even realize until he was back safe in the embrace of his aunt that he had just agreed to go up the tree again. Maybe he was learning to face his fears. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/f1526f49c21fb590bee11d09e7a05273/f97fee097906a63c-1b/s540x810/4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81141932][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=81141932&skin=0&apparel=33817,21978,26141,29582&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Hawkins had left his party to enjoy the last of the Rockbreaker festivities. Sure, he had had his fill of fun during previous days, but he was itching to return to work. He needed to purge the world of evil, and one of the things he had caught wind of was the presence of several powerful Shade-touched dragons nearby. He knew he couldn't fight them without his party, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to scout out the place. He had a special vendetta against the Shade, after being cursed with it earlier on in his life. Thankfully, due to the Windsinger's blessing, he had been purged of it for quite some time though, and he wanted to offer the same relief to other dragons burdened by the same curse, or to eliminate those who celebrated in such emptiness. However, just as he was nearing the castle, he was interrupted by a voice he did not think he would hear ever again. [b]"Hello, again, Hawkins. I always knew you would come back to me."[/b] "No, stay back, you foul fiend!" Hawkins stumbled back, recognizing the chill touch of the shade in his mind. [b]"No one can ever truly be free of me, I always reclaim my own. Of course, your lovely sister made a lovely sacrifice for you. She's been carrying a piece of me for quite some time now, trying to keep me at bay with her first patron."[/b] "What? No! The Windsinger purified me!" Hawkins exclaimed, walking back further. He tripped over a root and found himself stumbling onto the ground. Smoke began to take the swirling shape of fierce creatures, constantly shifting and changing so he could not get a clear glimpse of any solid physical form. [b]"HAHAHAHAHA You crack me up! That old fool is too distracted travelling to give that much focus to a puny mortal like you. No, it was you sister, taking on the piece of me in you onto herself and cursing herself for an eternity that allowed you to be free of me. But I do not exist all in one place, and I am aware of what ever piece of me is doing. I have been waiting for an opportunity for you to come in contact with me again, so that you may face the fate you were always destined to have."[/b] "No, please! Let me go!" Hawkins started firing off wind magic randomly, trying to push the Shade away, but it was no use, even when it made contact, it barely made a dent. Instead, it only seemed to make the hungry mist bigger. [b]"Goodnight, Hawkins."[/b] And then, there was nothing. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/187#post_52871239]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @harpyja @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick @brandonjui @Crescentstar711 @sedge122 @Brasil @Lixue @DiamondDogg @GraceShelby1031 @VeniVidiVici @Jaspernoir @Glitchtrap @GingaSnap @aquaberyl @Pocketdog @lunarkismet @girlofSornieth @octagaze @Lightwolf57 @Volur @Murvax @SakuraSundae @RedSiren @Rainilith @NewmoonWasTaken[/center] ----- One of our villains speaks! The Shade is not an amorphous, unfeeling energy, it has a sort of consciousness! Unfortunately the death streak was a heads. The team was Destiny (level 1), Flint (level 8) and Eros (level 1). With that level gap, they stood no chance so I didn't even try to save them, it was just a matter of if Destiny would fall first, or Eros. Since Eros is still protected by the Alphabet Legacy Clause, when she fell I rolled randomly to see who would take her place, and it was Hawkins, so unfortunately the party is growing smaller and losing their cleric [emoji=pearlcatcher sad size=2] [b]If anyone wants to adopt Hawkins, you have until 23:59 FR Time tomorrow (December 4th, 2022) to claim him before he gets exalted. First come, first serve.[/b]

Day 238: A Crystallized Dream
Berserker
Sentence: Death Streak Roll

dragon?did=77438065&skin=0&apparel=42693,42930,38287,38290,38289,38286,6266&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=80822169&skin=0&apparel=3288,20584,20578,20579,20582,20581&xt=dressing.png

"Are you sure you don't want to come an join the festivities? It's the last day of Rockbreaker's Ceremony," Destiny urged, turning back to look at her nephew before leaving. Everyone else had left the house, and she was feeling less and less right about leaving him alone. Sure, some dragons were naturally hermits, and thrived in isolation and solitude, but this did not seem like that was that it was. She knew loneliness, and it was written all over the spiral's face.

Still, Elderith shook his head vigorously.

"I want to stay here," The spiral said quietly, not even making eye contact.

"Are you sure?" Destiny pushed. "There's a lot of fun things out there, lots of great food and games and events."

"I'm too scared," Elderith said, almost frozen in obvious fear. Destiny had noticed he was a lot less energetic than most spirals, almost as if he was scared to move. She could not imagine the strain it put on his body to force himself to stay still.

Destiny didn't want to push him beyond what was comfortable, but she was concerned about what would happen if he continued to spiral in his anxiety, so trapped by caution he had no chance to even live.

The guardian closed the door, and lowered her head to his level.

"Hey, bud," Destiny said softly. "Are you happy living this way?"

Elderith shook his head, tears beginning to form in his eyes. "I feel as though I am missing out on so much," he croaked. "But I just can't do it, it's too dangerous out there, I don't want to do anything wrong. I don't want to get hurt, or ruin anything, or hurt anyone."

"Is that what this is about?" Destiny said, everything suddenly clicking together. "The Shade?"

"What if I have it?" Elderith started sobbing. "What if it's within me and I don't know it, and all of a sudden something unexpected happens and it bursts out of me! I know I've done a lot of lessons with Equilibrium to control it, but what if that's not enough! And now I'm so used to being scared of that, that everything seems dangerous. What if I turn into a beast like Triton? What if I get kidnapped like Mandore and Persephone's kids? The world is so dangerous."

"Let me tell you a story," Destiny said, falling back on her coping mechanism of old. She launched into a tale of a guardian, searching for her charge. She told of the dangers she faced, and overcame, trying not to enhance too many of the scary details.

Elderith was transfixed, he slowly stopped crying and began to calm down.

"The point of the story is that guardians are made to protect. What if you go out with me, and you stay on my back. I will protect you, and if the need arises, I will protect others from you." Destiny offered. "If it gets to be too much, I'll take you home. But let's give it a try. After all, the guardian faced many dangers, but she also would never have found the purpose in her life without facing them, she never would have found what her heart desired most. I don't want you to miss out because of your anxiety. I know it's not your fault, but we'll get you help. We can talk to Gaheris even, there are medicines that are known to help with this."

"Thank you," Elderith started crying again, but happy tears this time. "Thank you, Aunt Destiny. I'm tired of being scared all the time, but I don't know how to be anything else. I'll give this a try, as long as you keep me safe."

"Of course, I promise I won't let go."

4554ac37d6579876f2dede97d4dda887007b85b2.png

dragon?did=74609901&skin=0&apparel=34238,27974,20553&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=74609896&skin=0&apparel=10371,749,25179,25182,25181,25180,25185,25184&xt=dressing.png

"Hey, I hope this is not a bad time," Flint said, taking up a seat at the bar. Backflip was still busier than usual, but not as busy as it had been throughout the previous nights of Rockbreaker's. Most of the dragons were out and about enjoying the last of the festivities. Behind the counter, Malcolm was cleaning a glass, taking advantage of the lull in service.

"Hey, is this a serious conversation?" Malcolm put down the glass, looking concerned. "Did something happen?"

"No, not exactly," Flint sighed. "I just wanted to apologize for, you know, not being around. I took it hard when everything went down with Grayson, and I couldn't see your grieving process. And then you got close to Maria and started your family, and I felt replaced, so I made myself scarce. Now that I have a family of my own, I want to apologize. I didn't understand what those kind of bonds are like, or how much responsibility being a parent entailed. I wasn't fair to you."

Malcolm didn't say anything for a while, just poured a glass of Flint's favourite and slid it across to them.

"Thank you," Malcolm said, looking down. "But I owe you an apology too. I was kinda mean about the whole thing. I pushed you away, and that wasn't fair to you when you just wanted to help. I think it was a mutual falling out, don't let yourself take all the credit."

"Are you sure, because I-" Flint began, before Malcolm cut them off.

"Flint. I have known you since we were hatchlings. I know how much you overthink things. I won't let you work yourself up over this when I am equally to blame. Cut yourself from slack. I was a bit of a jerk." Malcolm admitted. "Now that we've both acknowledged it, let's put it behind us and just be siblings again."

"Yeah, I like the sound of that," Flint sniffed, wiping away a single tear.

"So how are your kids doing? Coral and Leopold, right?" Malcolm asked.

"Oh, they are doing great! They are both very different though. I don't know where Coral got her fighting spirit, she's brutal when she gets into it, but she's talented for sure. Leopold is the polar opposite, he just wants to lay around all day. I'm glad they've both found what they are comfortable with. How is Leo?"

"He takes after you, and his mother," Malcolm admitted. "He's a bit of an overthinker as well, but he also has dealt with more than most dragons. It can't be easy, being the only survivor out of his clutch. His emotional support dog, Nala, is a huge help though."

The two nocturnes chatted until late in the night, chatting moreso than they had since before Grayson had been eaten by the underground beast. It felt right, like holes had been filled in both of their lives. As the night stretched into the early hours of the morning and the nocturnes sat alone across the bar from each other, Flint vowed to never let anything get between them and their brother ever again.

Elderith was panicking, he had been separated from Destiny after being distracted by trying to catch up with a merchant who was wandering around the clan selling snacks. Now he had his cotton candy, but he had lost sight of his aunt. That should not have been the case, she was very large and therefore likely easy to spot, but the panic was closing in and it was make it difficult to spot faces in the crowd.

Looking around, everywhere seemed to be crowded, and so he went the only place that seemed to be empty - up. Eventually, he settled on a high tree branch of The Refuge, high above the crowds. Finally, he could think and breathe.

It took a whole five seconds before he realized how high up he was, and he hit a whole other panic.

He was just about to fling himself from the tree and fly into any random direction he could find, when he head a voice behind him.
dragon?did=81019028&skin=0&apparel=42693,28362,28364,28366,28367,28368,28418,2502&xt=dressing.png

"Are you okay? You look lost," A wide-eyed snapper said, looking at him with a look of concern. Elderith was fairly certain he had never seen before.

"Just... don't like crowds, don't like heights," Elderith admitted, trying to get his breathing under control.

"I don't like crowds either," the snapper admitted. "Enough to make me climb this tree - and that's hard for a snapper. I'm Eros by the way."

"Elderith," The spiral held out a hand, calming down a little being able to focus on this new dragon.

"Wow, I don't think I've willingly talked to someone this much since I arrived, and I've been here for a little while now," Eros said, taken aback.

"I can't remember the last time I spoke to anyone outside my family," Elderith admitted. With each word, he felt the anxiety dissipating. Something about their shared fears made her presence calming. And the more he talked to her without anything bad happening, the more he was assured that maybe strangers weren't so bad after all.

"Do you... maybe want to stay up here with me for a bit?" Eros asked, looking hopeful. "I've never had a friend before."

"A friend?" The thought made Elderith feel dizzy. Though not a bad dizzy, if that was possible?

"Yeah. I-if that's okay, of course. I don't want to presume. oh no, I've messed things up!" Eros's smile faded to be replaced by panic, causing Elderith to feel a surge of guilt.

"Of course it's okay! I was just surprised, that's all!" Elderith said. "I've never had a friend either, outside of my family, that is."

"O-okay," Eros smiled nervously.

"Maybe it will bee good practice for us," Elderith suggested. "If we're scared of people. We can help each other learn not to be scared. My aunt said-" he trailed off as he suddenly caught sight of a familiar shape below their branch. Destiny was clearly looking for him, as she was calling his name rather loudly.

"I've got to go, I don't want her to get too worried," Elderith sighed, feeling somewhat disappointed.

"Oh, okay," He could see his own disappointment reflected in Eros's eyes.

"You could come with me?" Elderith offered. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind you tagging along."

"No, I'm okay," Eros stepped a few paces back. "I'm not ready for that yet. But, wanna meet me here tomorrow? Same time?"

"Sure!" Elderith smiled slightly.

He didn't even realize until he was back safe in the embrace of his aunt that he had just agreed to go up the tree again.

Maybe he was learning to face his fears.

dragon?did=81141932&skin=0&apparel=33817,21978,26141,29582&xt=dressing.png

Hawkins had left his party to enjoy the last of the Rockbreaker festivities. Sure, he had had his fill of fun during previous days, but he was itching to return to work. He needed to purge the world of evil, and one of the things he had caught wind of was the presence of several powerful Shade-touched dragons nearby.

He knew he couldn't fight them without his party, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to scout out the place. He had a special vendetta against the Shade, after being cursed with it earlier on in his life. Thankfully, due to the Windsinger's blessing, he had been purged of it for quite some time though, and he wanted to offer the same relief to other dragons burdened by the same curse, or to eliminate those who celebrated in such emptiness.

However, just as he was nearing the castle, he was interrupted by a voice he did not think he would hear ever again.

"Hello, again, Hawkins. I always knew you would come back to me."

"No, stay back, you foul fiend!" Hawkins stumbled back, recognizing the chill touch of the shade in his mind.

"No one can ever truly be free of me, I always reclaim my own. Of course, your lovely sister made a lovely sacrifice for you. She's been carrying a piece of me for quite some time now, trying to keep me at bay with her first patron."

"What? No! The Windsinger purified me!" Hawkins exclaimed, walking back further. He tripped over a root and found himself stumbling onto the ground. Smoke began to take the swirling shape of fierce creatures, constantly shifting and changing so he could not get a clear glimpse of any solid physical form.

"HAHAHAHAHA You crack me up! That old fool is too distracted travelling to give that much focus to a puny mortal like you. No, it was you sister, taking on the piece of me in you onto herself and cursing herself for an eternity that allowed you to be free of me. But I do not exist all in one place, and I am aware of what ever piece of me is doing. I have been waiting for an opportunity for you to come in contact with me again, so that you may face the fate you were always destined to have."

"No, please! Let me go!" Hawkins started firing off wind magic randomly, trying to push the Shade away, but it was no use, even when it made contact, it barely made a dent. Instead, it only seemed to make the hungry mist bigger.

"Goodnight, Hawkins."

And then, there was nothing.

One of our villains speaks! The Shade is not an amorphous, unfeeling energy, it has a sort of consciousness!

Unfortunately the death streak was a heads. The team was Destiny (level 1), Flint (level 8) and Eros (level 1). With that level gap, they stood no chance so I didn't even try to save them, it was just a matter of if Destiny would fall first, or Eros. Since Eros is still protected by the Alphabet Legacy Clause, when she fell I rolled randomly to see who would take her place, and it was Hawkins, so unfortunately the party is growing smaller and losing their cleric

If anyone wants to adopt Hawkins, you have until 23:59 FR Time tomorrow (December 4th, 2022) to claim him before he gets exalted. First come, first serve.
elderith i am so proud of u
elderith i am so proud of u
Ouch... lost the cleric and the team leader right away. That's going to leave a big mark on the rest of the party--at least, he struck me as such. Pinkerlockes hurt when it comes to this: you spend all this time on a new character, and the next time they come up is when they roll over and die. I wonder how the rest of his crew will respond to this; what their course of action is going to be.
As for Elderith and Eros... two dragons whose names start with the letter E... I see where this is going. ;) Happy for the both of them, though! It's lucky to run into people with similar outlooks on the world as yourself.
Ouch... lost the cleric and the team leader right away. That's going to leave a big mark on the rest of the party--at least, he struck me as such. Pinkerlockes hurt when it comes to this: you spend all this time on a new character, and the next time they come up is when they roll over and die. I wonder how the rest of his crew will respond to this; what their course of action is going to be.
As for Elderith and Eros... two dragons whose names start with the letter E... I see where this is going. ;) Happy for the both of them, though! It's lucky to run into people with similar outlooks on the world as yourself.
signature.png

__A Kingdomlocke Game

FR+2 | He/Him | PMs open!
@Wufflesnuff

He made some big steps today!!!

@Murvax

Yeah, this one was a brutal loss. You are correct in your interpretation that he was basically the party leader, and his vendetta against the shade was going to be the party's reason for staying. Now, I am going to have to come up with something else. Who knows though, this may result in some cool plot things that I would not have come up with otherwise!

Hehehehehe you have noticed! The E generation pair has met!
@Wufflesnuff

He made some big steps today!!!

@Murvax

Yeah, this one was a brutal loss. You are correct in your interpretation that he was basically the party leader, and his vendetta against the shade was going to be the party's reason for staying. Now, I am going to have to come up with something else. Who knows though, this may result in some cool plot things that I would not have come up with otherwise!

Hehehehehe you have noticed! The E generation pair has met!
The loss of their cleric could be more inspiration than ever to battle the Shade, in hopes of avenging Hawkins and making sure no one else suffers the same loss again. In my own 'locke, a Coatl who lost her son because of a very Shade-involved situation has become even more driven to try and stop it!
The loss of their cleric could be more inspiration than ever to battle the Shade, in hopes of avenging Hawkins and making sure no one else suffers the same loss again. In my own 'locke, a Coatl who lost her son because of a very Shade-involved situation has become even more driven to try and stop it!
signature.png

__A Kingdomlocke Game

FR+2 | He/Him | PMs open!
@Murvax

That's a very good point! I think I will do something along those lines, that is what makes the most sense! In that case, that would make Hawkins a martyr for the cause instead of just a random death.
@Murvax

That's a very good point! I think I will do something along those lines, that is what makes the most sense! In that case, that would make Hawkins a martyr for the cause instead of just a random death.
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 ... 249 250