Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Plaglings what do u think of Vita carnis
It’s not really a new concept. It’s another mystery flesh pit/gooseworx/vintage8 type of project. But I think it’s an interesting horror/well I guess spec evolution/world building film.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nIuJVtXYEHU
It’s not really a new concept. It’s another mystery flesh pit/gooseworx/vintage8 type of project. But I think it’s an interesting horror/well I guess spec evolution/world building film.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nIuJVtXYEHU
I like the scientific angle, which is better then most of the scientific angles these things try to give, because its never long enough be really scientific, and often just feels cheap with the adding of hyper generic aliens or ghosts(that's why that one virus one sucked, stupid aliens, you aren't gonna be the next channel 58 or what ever it was called)
could do without the stupid robot voice, just get a cheap micropohone and used that! you can get one for like 10 dollars and the jankiness will just add the feeling.
I don't care about the trope-ness of meat monsters. look at my username, I want flesh monsters in every type of fictio. yes every ;)
I like the scientific angle, which is better then most of the scientific angles these things try to give, because its never long enough be really scientific, and often just feels cheap with the adding of hyper generic aliens or ghosts(that's why that one virus one sucked, stupid aliens, you aren't gonna be the next channel 58 or what ever it was called)
could do without the stupid robot voice, just get a cheap micropohone and used that! you can get one for like 10 dollars and the jankiness will just add the feeling.
I don't care about the trope-ness of meat monsters. look at my username, I want flesh monsters in every type of fictio. yes every ;)
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
It might have a more documentary feel, with a real narrator voice. It would be pretty funny, if cliche, to do something Attenborough or Steve Irwin style, lol.

Though I know the reason people have been using the text to speech lately, is for the “50’s through 80’s America dream theme” but that only applies to immediate PSAs, certain commercials at the time, and more recently those You May Have a Claim ads. At least I think. I wasn’t around in the 50’s and have never been to the Midwest states. My knowledge of this stuff is from books and whatever black and white films I’ve found. I’m not really a history buff.

Unless, of course, people just think the text to speech is SpOoooKy. But I feel uneasy about that. Same reason I’m not into Mandela catalog /who’s lila. I don’t like the whole, well that person’s ugly so they’re a trans dimensional terror pretending to be human premise.

I watched Gemini Home Entertainment a few weeks ago, because it was spooky season and there was a bunch of analog horror stuff I never got around to checking out. I thought it was pretty fun in a schlocky sort of way.

I had no idea about the series until I picked up some dragons from the AH with the name (or Iris, something like that), that were fan dragons in their past lairs.

Though at some point; once you’ve seen one mimic gangly skinned person, you’ve seen em all. I don’t get tired of living planets though, it’s just too much of good trope.
It might have a more documentary feel, with a real narrator voice. It would be pretty funny, if cliche, to do something Attenborough or Steve Irwin style, lol.

Though I know the reason people have been using the text to speech lately, is for the “50’s through 80’s America dream theme” but that only applies to immediate PSAs, certain commercials at the time, and more recently those You May Have a Claim ads. At least I think. I wasn’t around in the 50’s and have never been to the Midwest states. My knowledge of this stuff is from books and whatever black and white films I’ve found. I’m not really a history buff.

Unless, of course, people just think the text to speech is SpOoooKy. But I feel uneasy about that. Same reason I’m not into Mandela catalog /who’s lila. I don’t like the whole, well that person’s ugly so they’re a trans dimensional terror pretending to be human premise.

I watched Gemini Home Entertainment a few weeks ago, because it was spooky season and there was a bunch of analog horror stuff I never got around to checking out. I thought it was pretty fun in a schlocky sort of way.

I had no idea about the series until I picked up some dragons from the AH with the name (or Iris, something like that), that were fan dragons in their past lairs.

Though at some point; once you’ve seen one mimic gangly skinned person, you’ve seen em all. I don’t get tired of living planets though, it’s just too much of good trope.
it's not spooky, its just grating. text to speech and computer voices can be really good, like my boyfriend hatsune Miku, but you have to DO things to them to make them sound good, and that's even harder then just speaking into a microphone.
I think its just laziness a lot of the time(Vita carnis isn't lazy though, it deff has a lot more effort put into it then a lot analog horror, I think the creator was kinda just going along with tread)

yeah. I don't like Mandela catalog either. its very boring in my opinion, and the tropes at play have been done better countless times. the whole mimic person thing can be pretty ableist if its not handled right. idont' have much in the way of way of empathy or romantic love feelings(not really connect to be ND but people still treat aromatic spectrum peeps weird) so when I see something that's like a human but missing some core thing I know that the things I lack are what they are most likely thiinking off.

one of the best living planet is Terry/Xipe Totec. Eduardo is a amazing artist.
it's not spooky, its just grating. text to speech and computer voices can be really good, like my boyfriend hatsune Miku, but you have to DO things to them to make them sound good, and that's even harder then just speaking into a microphone.
I think its just laziness a lot of the time(Vita carnis isn't lazy though, it deff has a lot more effort put into it then a lot analog horror, I think the creator was kinda just going along with tread)

yeah. I don't like Mandela catalog either. its very boring in my opinion, and the tropes at play have been done better countless times. the whole mimic person thing can be pretty ableist if its not handled right. idont' have much in the way of way of empathy or romantic love feelings(not really connect to be ND but people still treat aromatic spectrum peeps weird) so when I see something that's like a human but missing some core thing I know that the things I lack are what they are most likely thiinking off.

one of the best living planet is Terry/Xipe Totec. Eduardo is a amazing artist.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
@Strangeflesh
I like that the “debris”, planet babies? Look like ocean sunfish babies. Also, I had a lot of fun looking through Eduardo’s collections. The Fractal is legitimately creepy. Signs is just kind of hilarious. But I think that’s intentional, since there’s also a King Kong worm on a string in one of the sets, lol.
@Strangeflesh
I like that the “debris”, planet babies? Look like ocean sunfish babies. Also, I had a lot of fun looking through Eduardo’s collections. The Fractal is legitimately creepy. Signs is just kind of hilarious. But I think that’s intentional, since there’s also a King Kong worm on a string in one of the sets, lol.
@Bugbag
yeah, they're pretty cute. too bad they will eventually kill all life on earf. Eduardo does have a lot of fun with the more humous side of horror which I find refreshing. Googliel and Terry are in gay love btw
https://twitter.com/valdevia_art/status/1582071701914849281
@Bugbag
yeah, they're pretty cute. too bad they will eventually kill all life on earf. Eduardo does have a lot of fun with the more humous side of horror which I find refreshing. Googliel and Terry are in gay love btw
https://twitter.com/valdevia_art/status/1582071701914849281
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me