Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gem Bonus & Cycled Item Return
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20 21
@Empyreal gotcha, thank you!!
@Empyreal gotcha, thank you!!
y0r4chX.gif
Hopefully I can actually get a Wildclaw scroll this time! Been wanting to get one for ages but never can spare the money for gems when it rolls around.
Hopefully I can actually get a Wildclaw scroll this time! Been wanting to get one for ages but never can spare the money for gems when it rolls around.
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
exciting!!
exciting!!
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
Hello folks, our sincere and humble thank you to our players who took the time to give us fair and constructive feedback on this issue. As you can see, it's affected change with respect to gem item cycling.

We are temporarily locking this thread in order to remove replies that are posting in bad faith or using inflammatory, accusatory language. Thank you for understanding.
Hello folks, our sincere and humble thank you to our players who took the time to give us fair and constructive feedback on this issue. As you can see, it's affected change with respect to gem item cycling.

We are temporarily locking this thread in order to remove replies that are posting in bad faith or using inflammatory, accusatory language. Thank you for understanding.
Thread is unlocked. Most posts were removed under standard forum moderation. We removed comments that contained inflammatory or accusatory language that invites escalating discussion, rather than continue dialogue focused on constructive feedback. However, we realize these comments may be more of an initial response to the announcement, and ultimately coming from a place of good intentions. You will not be penalized for those removed replies.

Posts quoting removed posts were also removed. This is also standard forum moderation.

A very small number of forum warnings for baiting/trolling others and posting low effort spam will be going out shortly. These messages are unrelated to the posts referenced above.

Thank you for your patience, and for your understanding, while we reviewed the thread.
Thread is unlocked. Most posts were removed under standard forum moderation. We removed comments that contained inflammatory or accusatory language that invites escalating discussion, rather than continue dialogue focused on constructive feedback. However, we realize these comments may be more of an initial response to the announcement, and ultimately coming from a place of good intentions. You will not be penalized for those removed replies.

Posts quoting removed posts were also removed. This is also standard forum moderation.

A very small number of forum warnings for baiting/trolling others and posting low effort spam will be going out shortly. These messages are unrelated to the posts referenced above.

Thank you for your patience, and for your understanding, while we reviewed the thread.
[center]Wildclaws! Yay! My favorite breed :] Here's Zephyr showing off their new existence as one lol [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80214688][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/802147/80214688_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [size=2][i]Edit: formatting fix[/i][/size]
Wildclaws! Yay! My favorite breed :]
Here's Zephyr showing off their new existence as one lol

80214688_350.png

Edit: formatting fix
X6rlzKH.png

· Adult · They/Them · FR +3 · My Art · Wishlist ·
Since the thread is unlocked, I definitely want to mention that this new schedule needs to be displayed somewhere. It would help awareness a ton more if people can see it somewhere outside of announcements and Dev Tracker.

And as for cycling old items (or any gem items), I really suggest to have a plan for notices next time. It can really hurt trust without any notice prior to their status (permanent, cycling, or retired). I know decisions can be changed like eye vials for example, and that’s okay. Just notify people of these decisions. It will really help in the long run and allow for feedback.
Since the thread is unlocked, I definitely want to mention that this new schedule needs to be displayed somewhere. It would help awareness a ton more if people can see it somewhere outside of announcements and Dev Tracker.

And as for cycling old items (or any gem items), I really suggest to have a plan for notices next time. It can really hurt trust without any notice prior to their status (permanent, cycling, or retired). I know decisions can be changed like eye vials for example, and that’s okay. Just notify people of these decisions. It will really help in the long run and allow for feedback.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Appreciate the change and planned cycle in May of next year. I feel like this is a good choice and basically solves most of the problem IMO. So thank you for that, I think this choice will go a long ways in people's trust.
Appreciate the change and planned cycle in May of next year. I feel like this is a good choice and basically solves most of the problem IMO. So thank you for that, I think this choice will go a long ways in people's trust.
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
Having to wait a year (or, yes, half a year) to buy some seemingly random items doesn't make them feel fresh or exciting or more luxe, it's just an annoyance. They're not holiday items. The one good feature about the gem marketplace vs. the treasure one is that if you want something from it, you don't have to worry about whether it'll be in stock or not.

Am I going to pick up the items I was waiting for? Yeah, because I already had the gems on hand. Am I feeling excited about their return? No, just a disgruntled sense of 'ugh, finally'. Getting those items would have been more enjoyable if I was able to do it when I originally wanted them. If anything, this practice makes me appreciate them less--and in some cases the end result is me not buying the thing.

It makes sense for things like NotN items and the seasonal sphinxes to cycle in and out; there's an intuitive, thematic reason. This just feels arbitrary.
Having to wait a year (or, yes, half a year) to buy some seemingly random items doesn't make them feel fresh or exciting or more luxe, it's just an annoyance. They're not holiday items. The one good feature about the gem marketplace vs. the treasure one is that if you want something from it, you don't have to worry about whether it'll be in stock or not.

Am I going to pick up the items I was waiting for? Yeah, because I already had the gems on hand. Am I feeling excited about their return? No, just a disgruntled sense of 'ugh, finally'. Getting those items would have been more enjoyable if I was able to do it when I originally wanted them. If anything, this practice makes me appreciate them less--and in some cases the end result is me not buying the thing.

It makes sense for things like NotN items and the seasonal sphinxes to cycle in and out; there's an intuitive, thematic reason. This just feels arbitrary.
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
I’m very happy about the change, but I agree that it needs to be posted somewhere. Honestly I would have preferred that you guys stop cycling altogether. There are better ways to make money that won’t upset the player base the way cycling does.

Edit: Typo
I’m very happy about the change, but I agree that it needs to be posted somewhere. Honestly I would have preferred that you guys stop cycling altogether. There are better ways to make money that won’t upset the player base the way cycling does.

Edit: Typo
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20 21