Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fanfic Writing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
For a couple years from late 2018-19, I was an absolute fanfic-writing [i]machine[/i], churning out a new chapter every few days (or every other day, depending on how long the chapter was.) Because of that, I have a huge collection of Beyblade Bursts drabbles posted on Wattpad. As of right now, it has 153 published chapters, though I've had to tag it as slow updates since I've fallen out of love with Beyblade. I've actually been struggling a lot with writing in general, but I still love writing fanfics and I've even got a couple Security Breach AUs in progress! One of them is related to the Sun and Moon Show on Youtube, while the other is a witchcraft AU- which may sound weird, but I think it's gonna be great. [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
For a couple years from late 2018-19, I was an absolute fanfic-writing machine, churning out a new chapter every few days (or every other day, depending on how long the chapter was.)

Because of that, I have a huge collection of Beyblade Bursts drabbles posted on Wattpad. As of right now, it has 153 published chapters, though I've had to tag it as slow updates since I've fallen out of love with Beyblade.

I've actually been struggling a lot with writing in general, but I still love writing fanfics and I've even got a couple Security Breach AUs in progress! One of them is related to the Sun and Moon Show on Youtube, while the other is a witchcraft AU- which may sound weird, but I think it's gonna be great.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
I’m in Dragon Ball hell right now so I’ve actually got four different fanfics on the go for that(as in actually written) and more stuff in the form of notes and just ideas kicking around my brain. It’s fun, it’s suffering, ultimately it’s self-service because I don’t trust the rest of the Dragon Ball fandom to write my fave to my satisfaction.

I will link my AO3, which contains none of the above fic but does have some pretty good work, if I do say so myself
https://archiveofourown.org/users/SparklyBonehead/profile
I’m in Dragon Ball hell right now so I’ve actually got four different fanfics on the go for that(as in actually written) and more stuff in the form of notes and just ideas kicking around my brain. It’s fun, it’s suffering, ultimately it’s self-service because I don’t trust the rest of the Dragon Ball fandom to write my fave to my satisfaction.

I will link my AO3, which contains none of the above fic but does have some pretty good work, if I do say so myself
https://archiveofourown.org/users/SparklyBonehead/profile
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
I love everyone sharing the ideas they're having for projects!! It's so wholesome and I hope all your writing goes well :3
I love everyone sharing the ideas they're having for projects!! It's so wholesome and I hope all your writing goes well :3
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="@UndyingGhoul" date="2022-11-22 20:53:27" ] I've been pushing a lot of fics and blurbs out on my tumblr and some on my AO3. I currently write about the band Ghost and some of the fics/blurbs I can mention and some I cannot (for obvious reasons). [/quote] Yoooooo I've seen you around! I've read a few Ghost fics but while I'm obsessed with them, they're not my main choice of fanfic pairings. Sometimes they hit different tho, but I hate my boyfriend for showing me the *that* one copia doll fic
@UndyingGhoul wrote on 2022-11-22 20:53:27:
I've been pushing a lot of fics and blurbs out on my tumblr and some on my AO3. I currently write about the band Ghost and some of the fics/blurbs I can mention and some I cannot (for obvious reasons).

Yoooooo I've seen you around! I've read a few Ghost fics but while I'm obsessed with them, they're not my main choice of fanfic pairings. Sometimes they hit different tho, but I hate my boyfriend for showing me the *that* one copia doll fic
AO6x9Go.gify6Tz96p.png
I am nothing and everything
She/they ♠ Pisces ♠ INTP ♠ Loved ♠ Memes
kseo325.pngpZJYyk4.png
GW180jv.pngJvUa9ma.png
Ping me unless otherwise stated in my forum post!
y6Tz96p.png
AO6x9Go.gif
Fanfic has been a side of fandom I was aware of but wasn't too into. Tbh, I never did much in fandom previously other than make OCs and draw fanart. I guess I did a bit of roleplay years ago

But then, in the past few months, I've discovered fanfic. It wasn't what I expected at all! I had the pop-culture perception of it: cringey, wattpad real person x reader stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that! its how many people get into writing and if it makes you happy and its not hurting anyone its cool - but not for me). However, I stumbled upon ColeyDoesThings channel for unrelated fandom stuff, and after hyperfixating on a fandom and running out of content I went onto AO3 and... WOW! Its great!! So much content, most being better written than a good chunk of YA novels, and I could easily filter for the stuff I like.

It made me realise I've always written + enjoyed fanfic, I just didn't realise thats what it was. In my head, whenever I enjoyed a book series or show, I'd make up my own episodes, or AUs, or storylines... And now, I can read/write exactly what I was looking for! It also makes my LGBTQ+ self so happy to finally be able to read about queer characters... There's so little good media on it (though its getting better) and now I can actually see well-written trans characters in particular

I've been doing a lot of reading and now I'm getting into the writing part! I don't plan on uploading anything (for now), its just self-indulgent. It's nice to have longer, more formal writing (unlike the stuff I do on FR) without the preparation and worldbuilding necessary for my personal projects. I'm currently writing stuff for Mob Psycho 100 and The Disastrous Life of Saiki K - but I do want to do other fandoms in the future! Saiki K is mainly just fun with the characters, but MP100 I go very hard into the details I wish were explored more. I mean, there is a psychic-led terrorist attack and a kid who nearly destroys the city with psychic powers revealing to the world that 1) psychic powers are real and 2) the public only has a negative reception of it. Surely, now, there's a huge amount of public backlash against psychics, politicians denying their existence, psychics facing hate crimes... And its never explored? Also, how psychic powers work exactly is so vague, so I've created my own string of headcannons detailing how they work genetically + the types + how they develop. It's implied in the series that psychic powers develop (at least partially) as a result of stress/trauma and the type of power is determined by that. And that's so interesting!

Anyways, I like fanfic now. I am planning on keeping my writing mostly private but I don't mind sharing it over PMs or a summary in thread if someone's interested :)
Fanfic has been a side of fandom I was aware of but wasn't too into. Tbh, I never did much in fandom previously other than make OCs and draw fanart. I guess I did a bit of roleplay years ago

But then, in the past few months, I've discovered fanfic. It wasn't what I expected at all! I had the pop-culture perception of it: cringey, wattpad real person x reader stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that! its how many people get into writing and if it makes you happy and its not hurting anyone its cool - but not for me). However, I stumbled upon ColeyDoesThings channel for unrelated fandom stuff, and after hyperfixating on a fandom and running out of content I went onto AO3 and... WOW! Its great!! So much content, most being better written than a good chunk of YA novels, and I could easily filter for the stuff I like.

It made me realise I've always written + enjoyed fanfic, I just didn't realise thats what it was. In my head, whenever I enjoyed a book series or show, I'd make up my own episodes, or AUs, or storylines... And now, I can read/write exactly what I was looking for! It also makes my LGBTQ+ self so happy to finally be able to read about queer characters... There's so little good media on it (though its getting better) and now I can actually see well-written trans characters in particular

I've been doing a lot of reading and now I'm getting into the writing part! I don't plan on uploading anything (for now), its just self-indulgent. It's nice to have longer, more formal writing (unlike the stuff I do on FR) without the preparation and worldbuilding necessary for my personal projects. I'm currently writing stuff for Mob Psycho 100 and The Disastrous Life of Saiki K - but I do want to do other fandoms in the future! Saiki K is mainly just fun with the characters, but MP100 I go very hard into the details I wish were explored more. I mean, there is a psychic-led terrorist attack and a kid who nearly destroys the city with psychic powers revealing to the world that 1) psychic powers are real and 2) the public only has a negative reception of it. Surely, now, there's a huge amount of public backlash against psychics, politicians denying their existence, psychics facing hate crimes... And its never explored? Also, how psychic powers work exactly is so vague, so I've created my own string of headcannons detailing how they work genetically + the types + how they develop. It's implied in the series that psychic powers develop (at least partially) as a result of stress/trauma and the type of power is determined by that. And that's so interesting!

Anyways, I like fanfic now. I am planning on keeping my writing mostly private but I don't mind sharing it over PMs or a summary in thread if someone's interested :)
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
[quote name="@EmoCookies" date="2022-11-24 23:01:47" ] [quote name="@UndyingGhoul" date="2022-11-22 20:53:27" ] I've been pushing a lot of fics and blurbs out on my tumblr and some on my AO3. I currently write about the band Ghost and some of the fics/blurbs I can mention and some I cannot (for obvious reasons). [/quote] Yoooooo I've seen you around! I've read a few Ghost fics but while I'm obsessed with them, they're not my main choice of fanfic pairings. Sometimes they hit different tho, but I hate my boyfriend for showing me the *that* one copia doll fic [/quote] I remember you! You left me a nice comment on my profile page, I won't forget that. And you've seen me around? That could go one or two ways depending on what you saw- I mainly write x readers but as of late I've been writing more Ghoul x Ghoul content because Mountain/Dew has me in a chokehold. I can't say I've heard of the copia doll fic... I am intrigued
@EmoCookies wrote on 2022-11-24 23:01:47:
@UndyingGhoul wrote on 2022-11-22 20:53:27:
I've been pushing a lot of fics and blurbs out on my tumblr and some on my AO3. I currently write about the band Ghost and some of the fics/blurbs I can mention and some I cannot (for obvious reasons).

Yoooooo I've seen you around! I've read a few Ghost fics but while I'm obsessed with them, they're not my main choice of fanfic pairings. Sometimes they hit different tho, but I hate my boyfriend for showing me the *that* one copia doll fic

I remember you! You left me a nice comment on my profile page, I won't forget that. And you've seen me around? That could go one or two ways depending on what you saw- I mainly write x readers but as of late I've been writing more Ghoul x Ghoul content because Mountain/Dew has me in a chokehold. I can't say I've heard of the copia doll fic... I am intrigued
______________He/They (Trans flag)
______________J7D1quC.png
______________2VtxnMX.png
______________wLurwzJ.png
______________G8AyR6r.png
66a0d48fcf536becdbf8d9cabe56c515-120x120.jpg FObX7rS.png
gYW0j5f.png
hNpGoBq.png
U9gVboW.png
Al1BEGR.png
@LemonySnaket
Oooh welcome to the world of fanfic then! :D

MP100 you say? I love reading MP100 fics, if you feel like DMing to chat about your ideas I'd love to hear them!! :D
@LemonySnaket
Oooh welcome to the world of fanfic then! :D

MP100 you say? I love reading MP100 fics, if you feel like DMing to chat about your ideas I'd love to hear them!! :D
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Ooo, fellow fanfic writers!

I'm really active on Ao3(my works are not FR Friendly, so I will not be saying my Ao3 name or linking it), and though it takes a bit for works to go out(I write the entire thing before publishing it chapter by chapter), I do get some really good reception :)

currently have like, three mafia AUs in the works... * s i g h *
Ooo, fellow fanfic writers!

I'm really active on Ao3(my works are not FR Friendly, so I will not be saying my Ao3 name or linking it), and though it takes a bit for works to go out(I write the entire thing before publishing it chapter by chapter), I do get some really good reception :)

currently have like, three mafia AUs in the works... * s i g h *

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
[quote name="LemonySnaket" date="2022-11-25 07:45:48" ] Fanfic has been a side of fandom I was aware of but wasn't too into. Tbh, I never did much in fandom previously other than make OCs and draw fanart. I guess I did a bit of roleplay years ago But then, in the past few months, I've discovered fanfic. It wasn't what I expected at all! I had the pop-culture perception of it: cringey, wattpad real person x reader stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that! its how many people get into writing and if it makes you happy and its not hurting anyone its cool - but not for me). However, I stumbled upon ColeyDoesThings channel for unrelated fandom stuff, and after hyperfixating on a fandom and running out of content I went onto AO3 and... WOW! Its great!! So much content, most being better written than a good chunk of YA novels, and I could easily filter for the stuff I like. [snip] [/quote] Compared to some YA novels, that's not a high bar, IMO. Like, I could read the worst fanfic I've ever found and at the end of the day, the only thing it'll have taken from me is time. I'm not even talking about Wattpad because that's a site I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole for its algorithm alone. (Don't get me started on its publishing thing.) Reader-inserts just aren't my bag (okay, they weren't even a thing in most of my fandoms), but do I consider those any worse than a fic with an OC paired with a canon character? No, not inherently so. Not to go all "back in my day", but as far back as I can remember exploring fandom-related blogs in the late 2000s, the most hated type of character was the Mary Sue. There were some real stinkers, but that kind of scrutiny can get (and did) get out of hand. It made me wary of making characters too much like me for a long time, I'll say that much. In any case, amateur writers of any kind write stuff that embarrasses them later down the line (speaking from experience), and their mistakes don't [i]have[/i] to define them. Any practice is better in the long run.
LemonySnaket wrote on 2022-11-25 07:45:48:

[snip]

Compared to some YA novels, that's not a high bar, IMO. Like, I could read the worst fanfic I've ever found and at the end of the day, the only thing it'll have taken from me is time. I'm not even talking about Wattpad because that's a site I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole for its algorithm alone. (Don't get me started on its publishing thing.)

Reader-inserts just aren't my bag (okay, they weren't even a thing in most of my fandoms), but do I consider those any worse than a fic with an OC paired with a canon character? No, not inherently so. Not to go all "back in my day", but as far back as I can remember exploring fandom-related blogs in the late 2000s, the most hated type of character was the Mary Sue. There were some real stinkers, but that kind of scrutiny can get (and did) get out of hand. It made me wary of making characters too much like me for a long time, I'll say that much.

In any case, amateur writers of any kind write stuff that embarrasses them later down the line (speaking from experience), and their mistakes don't have to define them. Any practice is better in the long run.
No tone tags, please. Just say what you mean. Will not read carrds.
YUzmw5z.png9Wis07O.pngYMPbu9R.png
Meee! I feel embarrassed sharing mine though so I tend to keep them to myself T.T Not that I really write them anyway, I tend to just have ideas rotate in my mind like a rotisserie chicken...

Unfortunately my current main fandom doesn't have too much of an art/fanfiction community (from what I've seen), so that's a shame. I've been wanting to get back into reading them but I get super embarrassed about looking it up so I just... never do it. :c
Meee! I feel embarrassed sharing mine though so I tend to keep them to myself T.T Not that I really write them anyway, I tend to just have ideas rotate in my mind like a rotisserie chicken...

Unfortunately my current main fandom doesn't have too much of an art/fanfiction community (from what I've seen), so that's a shame. I've been wanting to get back into reading them but I get super embarrassed about looking it up so I just... never do it. :c
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9