Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dressing Room Rack
A problem I run into pretty frequently in the dressing room is deciding between items when you're running low on slots. Like say you're debating between a 3 different colorations of a single item but can only have 1 equipped at once. Every time you want to swap items to try and decide you have to look up the item again. That's a prohibitive amount of needless typing and not fun for people with chronic pain (like me).

It'd be infinitely easier to have a rack of apparel you can add and remove without having to re-look up the item every time. Maybe double to triple the amount of max slots.

Please do not ping me in response to this; not interested in hearing people bash a basic suggestion. Just puttin it out there to be discussed.
A problem I run into pretty frequently in the dressing room is deciding between items when you're running low on slots. Like say you're debating between a 3 different colorations of a single item but can only have 1 equipped at once. Every time you want to swap items to try and decide you have to look up the item again. That's a prohibitive amount of needless typing and not fun for people with chronic pain (like me).

It'd be infinitely easier to have a rack of apparel you can add and remove without having to re-look up the item every time. Maybe double to triple the amount of max slots.

Please do not ping me in response to this; not interested in hearing people bash a basic suggestion. Just puttin it out there to be discussed.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
omg please i need this!! i'm not sure where it would fit but i think it's definitely a good quality of life update and i'm sure staff could make it work somehow
omg please i need this!! i'm not sure where it would fit but i think it's definitely a good quality of life update and i'm sure staff could make it work somehow
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
Lots of support! I manage to do this by copying and pasting the dragon images into discord and such, but this would make it so much easier
Lots of support! I manage to do this by copying and pasting the dragon images into discord and such, but this would make it so much easier
Shadow Clan | PST Time Zone
15587.png487.png580.png16453.png7691.png7695.png
yes please
also i think a favorites list woudol be nice too or maybe it can import your favorite entries frm the apparel encyclopedia
yes please
also i think a favorites list woudol be nice too or maybe it can import your favorite entries frm the apparel encyclopedia
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Support! I use the dressing room so much, this would be amazing
Support! I use the dressing room so much, this would be amazing
Clove/Heart ~ he/they/she
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
friend rqs accepted ~ pings welcome
100% support this!
100% support this!
WJnaXRt.gif 5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
OnuhFtt.png FZ9VPbS.png
Definitely support. Switching between apparel pieces gets very annoying, very quickly.
Definitely support. Switching between apparel pieces gets very annoying, very quickly.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
I really like this idea. My outfit creation process is fairly haphazard, most of the time I pick a color that suits the dragon and select any apparel pieces that look promising, and then add everything and go back and forth hiding stuff until I find some I like.
But since I'm on mobile I can't move layers having to delete things and re-search for them makes it really tedious.

A rack that selected items can go on so I can experiment more easily without having to keep re-adding pieces, and so I can rack a bunch of stuff without hitting the apparel limit on the mannequin would make the dressing room a lot more fun to play with.
I really like this idea. My outfit creation process is fairly haphazard, most of the time I pick a color that suits the dragon and select any apparel pieces that look promising, and then add everything and go back and forth hiding stuff until I find some I like.
But since I'm on mobile I can't move layers having to delete things and re-search for them makes it really tedious.

A rack that selected items can go on so I can experiment more easily without having to keep re-adding pieces, and so I can rack a bunch of stuff without hitting the apparel limit on the mannequin would make the dressing room a lot more fun to play with.
Being able to collapse all apparel in a set into a default and a "palette" would be awesome! A program I used to use a bunch- Lego Digital Designer- did things this way, and it saved a lot of frustration.

I would wonder if maybe the reason it's not happened yet (besides the refactor taking priority) this would require a judgement call on what counted as recolors of the same thing or not. Are all the halos recolors of each other, even though they're quite different in linework? This kind of goes for all festival stuff. It's probably also a pain when the items had more colors released in a revamp (see: Steampunk and Roundhorn sets).

Doesn't mean I don't think it's worth doing- and a post Undel made recently about fest recolors makes me wonder if it's happening on the backend. Just means I can see why this might take a while to implement.
Being able to collapse all apparel in a set into a default and a "palette" would be awesome! A program I used to use a bunch- Lego Digital Designer- did things this way, and it saved a lot of frustration.

I would wonder if maybe the reason it's not happened yet (besides the refactor taking priority) this would require a judgement call on what counted as recolors of the same thing or not. Are all the halos recolors of each other, even though they're quite different in linework? This kind of goes for all festival stuff. It's probably also a pain when the items had more colors released in a revamp (see: Steampunk and Roundhorn sets).

Doesn't mean I don't think it's worth doing- and a post Undel made recently about fest recolors makes me wonder if it's happening on the backend. Just means I can see why this might take a while to implement.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.