Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What will the ancient be called?
1 2 3 4
Any name ideas for the new ancient? Will they be called Leviathans, or perhaps something more original?
Any name ideas for the new ancient? Will they be called Leviathans, or perhaps something more original?
IMG_3849.png
No idea, but I'm hoping for more original name. Like yes leviathan is a cool name for a species, it's also very common(?), though that's not the right word. It just wouldn't create a separation from other creations called leviathan I feel.

Maybe something like the gaolers where the name isn't something so plain and clear, but has a meaning to the lore? Idk
No idea, but I'm hoping for more original name. Like yes leviathan is a cool name for a species, it's also very common(?), though that's not the right word. It just wouldn't create a separation from other creations called leviathan I feel.

Maybe something like the gaolers where the name isn't something so plain and clear, but has a meaning to the lore? Idk
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
Goncharov.
Goncharov.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
thrasher or thresher would be very cool!
thrasher or thresher would be very cool!
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
FR's naming schema is "on the nose, but creatively so"- it's either where the dragon lives, a physical feature, or what they do. Let's see if I get bonked by the Apollo ball again:
- Deepdwellers/Abyssal
- Longfin/Webfin
- Clutcher (or something revolving around their making friends easily)
- Farsight (or something to do with seeing the future).

I do think "Leviathan" is an eminently possible name, too...

...but let's be honest, they're just gonna get called Bob.
FR's naming schema is "on the nose, but creatively so"- it's either where the dragon lives, a physical feature, or what they do. Let's see if I get bonked by the Apollo ball again:
- Deepdwellers/Abyssal
- Longfin/Webfin
- Clutcher (or something revolving around their making friends easily)
- Farsight (or something to do with seeing the future).

I do think "Leviathan" is an eminently possible name, too...

...but let's be honest, they're just gonna get called Bob.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Seas" date="2022-11-21 14:35:04" ] No idea, but I'm hoping for more original name. Like yes leviathan is a cool name for a species, it's also very common(?), though that's not the right word. It just wouldn't create a separation from other creations called leviathan I feel. Maybe something like the gaolers where the name isn't something so plain and clear, but has a meaning to the lore? Idk [/quote] exactly my feelings!
Seas wrote on 2022-11-21 14:35:04:

exactly my feelings!
74055311.png gYzuoZS.png
i kind of hope it isn't leviathan, as i would be all to tempted to change my dragon named as such to the breed. :<

i think it's more than likely to have some double word name, though we do have enough single word name breeds that leviathan would fit right in.

i was going to say that most of the Ancient breeds are one word names and then remembered that Obelisk aren't Ancients again.
i kind of hope it isn't leviathan, as i would be all to tempted to change my dragon named as such to the breed. :<

i think it's more than likely to have some double word name, though we do have enough single word name breeds that leviathan would fit right in.

i was going to say that most of the Ancient breeds are one word names and then remembered that Obelisk aren't Ancients again.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
tidelord
tidelord
output-onlinegiftools.gif Starting new again. Look at the scavs. output-onlinegiftools-3.gif
thomas
thomas
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="ClownEngaged" date="2022-11-21 16:00:05" ] tidelord [/quote] TidePeasants
ClownEngaged wrote on 2022-11-21 16:00:05:
tidelord
TidePeasants
3EIL5RM.png SwhjRD4.pngd3XCZt0.pngWeReVnH.pngaQp8eZz.pngt6Bzul7.png
85212510.png
jeremy says hi
1 2 3 4