Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I had a mandela effect!
So for some odd reason, I'm remembering FR having an extra dragon breed - I don't know why.
The more I think about it, I believe it was a weird mix of a Wildclaw and Pearlcatcher for a head, had a body structure of a veilspun, fins similar to guardians and a long body - similar in length to a skydancer, maybe a bit longer, but shorter than a spiral, being a water-themed as well, and had art which would depict them mid-air/mid-flight, like both of the Fae artworks. I don't think they had any wings either, but that I'm unsure of.

I know nothing like this exists since I checked and it's my brain just being dumb, but thought I'd share
So for some odd reason, I'm remembering FR having an extra dragon breed - I don't know why.
The more I think about it, I believe it was a weird mix of a Wildclaw and Pearlcatcher for a head, had a body structure of a veilspun, fins similar to guardians and a long body - similar in length to a skydancer, maybe a bit longer, but shorter than a spiral, being a water-themed as well, and had art which would depict them mid-air/mid-flight, like both of the Fae artworks. I don't think they had any wings either, but that I'm unsure of.

I know nothing like this exists since I checked and it's my brain just being dumb, but thought I'd share
rYp8BR7.pngapBZyIl.pngold-oaks-2.pngmkyCRvi.png
[img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/ca/Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg[/img] Your description reminds me a little of the rejected Swiftwing Breed, minus the winglessness of course.
Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg

Your description reminds me a little of the rejected Swiftwing Breed, minus the winglessness of course.
DC3-D8-F65-FC03-47-C6-83-A5-A2419-F240-A5-F.png h e l l o !

- i'm archaeon
- just returned to FR
CC19-EF2-A-C4-C3-4-E38-9683-7-D2-C3-A6494-D0.png .

- he/him or they/them.
- hoards random dragons with little apparent value
46-B7589-F-497-A-4-E36-9-BE9-A2325-C324553.png
Yeah, sounds like you're remembering Swiftwings! The forbidden dragon breed
Yeah, sounds like you're remembering Swiftwings! The forbidden dragon breed
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Undel has made a lot of dragon art so you may just be loosely remembering something posted on the forums or across the internet in general There's pics of her artbook from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2662722]this thread[/url], which are admittedly all winged dragons, but it should give you a good idea of how varied her art can be and I think some ripped pics/clean scans get shared around a lot Don't know which wingless dragon it could be though across the many, many dragon pics I've seen, but someone who's more familiar with her art can probably point it out. also there's a few artists in the Suggestions forum that can draw/mimic FR artstyle pretty well, so there's definitely some new dragon breed suggestions that look like they could be something in-game and your brain just remembers one of those. Wingless dragon art is more common there edit: Pulling Undel's early concept art for the Tidelord from the [url=https://flightrising.fandom.com/wiki/The_Tidelord#Concept_Art]FR wiki[/url]. Don't ask me why it's small, it's being a pain to link: [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/1/14/Early_Tidelord.jpg[/img]
Undel has made a lot of dragon art so you may just be loosely remembering something posted on the forums or across the internet in general

There's pics of her artbook from this thread, which are admittedly all winged dragons, but it should give you a good idea of how varied her art can be and I think some ripped pics/clean scans get shared around a lot

Don't know which wingless dragon it could be though across the many, many dragon pics I've seen, but someone who's more familiar with her art can probably point it out.

also there's a few artists in the Suggestions forum that can draw/mimic FR artstyle pretty well, so there's definitely some new dragon breed suggestions that look like they could be something in-game and your brain just remembers one of those. Wingless dragon art is more common there

edit: Pulling Undel's early concept art for the Tidelord from the FR wiki. Don't ask me why it's small, it's being a pain to link:
Early_Tidelord.jpg
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
Or maybe courier dragons? [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/3/32/Edgar_404_page.png[/img][img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/3/3d/Pearl-gem.png[/img]
Or maybe courier dragons?
Edgar_404_page.pngPearl-gem.png
Sounds like the courier dragons honestly. It is a breed that exists within sornieth. You can find their info and all existing art for them on their wiki page. Someone already showed swiftwings, but there's also the original concept art for imperials. It could be any of these thing cobbled together.
Sounds like the courier dragons honestly. It is a breed that exists within sornieth. You can find their info and all existing art for them on their wiki page. Someone already showed swiftwings, but there's also the original concept art for imperials. It could be any of these thing cobbled together.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
Finny breed? Feels like something that should have happened. Do we actually have any breeds aligned with water?
Finny breed? Feels like something that should have happened. Do we actually have any breeds aligned with water?
86cgLtF.png
[quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-09-08 22:11:18" ] Finny breed? Feels like something that should have happened. Do we actually have any breeds aligned with water? [/quote] Guardians are water's breed.
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-09-08 22:11:18:
Guardians are water's breed.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
here's a (IMAGE HEAVY) thread with a lot of old art, including early deity concept art and apparently rejected dragons (first time I've heard of Frogfeet!).

Definitely take a peek in there

here's a (IMAGE HEAVY) thread with a lot of old art, including early deity concept art and apparently rejected dragons (first time I've heard of Frogfeet!).

Definitely take a peek in there

Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
[quote name="@archaeon" date="2022-09-08 11:19:13" ] [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/ca/Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg[/img] Your description reminds me a little of the rejected Swiftwing Breed, minus the winglessness of course. [/quote] (oops, completely forgot about this thread until now with the new ancient breed coming out) I've never seen these artworks until now - its similar, but also had a similar/mixed with the design with the 'something swarming' vista, which I know isn't canon. Really strange, we'll have to see until the ancient breed comes out and see if it's something similar to what I was imagining or if I was being dumb in the first place haha.
@archaeon wrote on 2022-09-08 11:19:13:
Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg

Your description reminds me a little of the rejected Swiftwing Breed, minus the winglessness of course.
(oops, completely forgot about this thread until now with the new ancient breed coming out)

I've never seen these artworks until now - its similar, but also had a similar/mixed with the design with the 'something swarming' vista, which I know isn't canon.

Really strange, we'll have to see until the ancient breed comes out and see if it's something similar to what I was imagining or if I was being dumb in the first place haha.
rYp8BR7.pngapBZyIl.pngold-oaks-2.pngmkyCRvi.png