Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dappervolk and Furvilla
1 2
So, I was looking for other pet sims to play besides fr and pokefarmQ and found Furvilla and Dappervolk and I wanted to know: are these two still worth playing? I tried to find Furvilla gameplays on YouTube posted this year but I’ve only found one and it had 2 views. Most of the videos I saw about Furvilla were posted 7 or 6 years ago but I still see people here on fr trading gems or treasure for Furvillas currency and vice versa.

And for dappervolk, I saw a lot of people complaining about the grinding and saying the game is bad or boring so I wanted to know if the game is actually like that.

Does anyone who plays these games could give me their thoughts about them?
So, I was looking for other pet sims to play besides fr and pokefarmQ and found Furvilla and Dappervolk and I wanted to know: are these two still worth playing? I tried to find Furvilla gameplays on YouTube posted this year but I’ve only found one and it had 2 views. Most of the videos I saw about Furvilla were posted 7 or 6 years ago but I still see people here on fr trading gems or treasure for Furvillas currency and vice versa.

And for dappervolk, I saw a lot of people complaining about the grinding and saying the game is bad or boring so I wanted to know if the game is actually like that.

Does anyone who plays these games could give me their thoughts about them?
____tttttttttytttttttttttttttt___tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
Hmm, what do I remember about Furvilla that might be useful…

When I played in previous years, it was all about getting enough resources to buy expensive villagers that could be customised further than regular ones. They have a cool custom skin system over there, called Painties, that basically lets you turn a normal villager into your OC. If you use, say, a normal fox villager, your Paintie has to follow the lineart mostly, but if you use an expensive kind of villager called a Shifty, you could draw whatever you want.

So basically everybody wanted to have their fursona and OCs in the game. I found the actual gameplay rather boring and grindy. You start with a few villagers and expand your village with slots bought with currency. All villagers can have jobs that help earn said currency and contribute to different onsite functions. Warriors, for example, helped contribute to a defense quotient that made sure everyone else in their home village could work.

The in-game lore was ok I guess. The Furvilla world was seperated into several lands you could chose to live in upon joining. There was a cold alpine/polar one, a creepy halloween themed one, a medieval one, an underwater one, one that was in the sky. They were all “towns” with mayors. There were festivals, events in the game usually associated with one town in particular, mostly focused on collecting special drops that appeared in villager jobs for that time period.

The community is made up mostly of real furries with furry-type interests. I don’t think the game was aimed at children, really. It was a great place to commission talented artists, but I never had enough in-game currency to get anything cool myself. I spent my whole Furvilla experience trying to get even close to the amount of special currency I’d need to commission Painties for my villagers. It was not a game you could succeed in with casual play, at least in my experience.
Hmm, what do I remember about Furvilla that might be useful…

When I played in previous years, it was all about getting enough resources to buy expensive villagers that could be customised further than regular ones. They have a cool custom skin system over there, called Painties, that basically lets you turn a normal villager into your OC. If you use, say, a normal fox villager, your Paintie has to follow the lineart mostly, but if you use an expensive kind of villager called a Shifty, you could draw whatever you want.

So basically everybody wanted to have their fursona and OCs in the game. I found the actual gameplay rather boring and grindy. You start with a few villagers and expand your village with slots bought with currency. All villagers can have jobs that help earn said currency and contribute to different onsite functions. Warriors, for example, helped contribute to a defense quotient that made sure everyone else in their home village could work.

The in-game lore was ok I guess. The Furvilla world was seperated into several lands you could chose to live in upon joining. There was a cold alpine/polar one, a creepy halloween themed one, a medieval one, an underwater one, one that was in the sky. They were all “towns” with mayors. There were festivals, events in the game usually associated with one town in particular, mostly focused on collecting special drops that appeared in villager jobs for that time period.

The community is made up mostly of real furries with furry-type interests. I don’t think the game was aimed at children, really. It was a great place to commission talented artists, but I never had enough in-game currency to get anything cool myself. I spent my whole Furvilla experience trying to get even close to the amount of special currency I’d need to commission Painties for my villagers. It was not a game you could succeed in with casual play, at least in my experience.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
I don't know much about Dappervolk but Furvilla is kinda dead..

In terms of players online I wanna say it averages 100 at a time. Which for a site that's been around for like 6 years? I'd say it's not the best, but idk.

Like Birdarang said though it's a pretty good art commission site >> And if you like making characters using bases it could be ok. It's just kinda dead imo. Nothing really happens on the forums, but staff keep updating the game :) like with monthlies and stuff. I don't know much about it since I'm a super casual player lol

I think it had potential to be bigger, idk what happened >>
I don't know much about Dappervolk but Furvilla is kinda dead..

In terms of players online I wanna say it averages 100 at a time. Which for a site that's been around for like 6 years? I'd say it's not the best, but idk.

Like Birdarang said though it's a pretty good art commission site >> And if you like making characters using bases it could be ok. It's just kinda dead imo. Nothing really happens on the forums, but staff keep updating the game :) like with monthlies and stuff. I don't know much about it since I'm a super casual player lol

I think it had potential to be bigger, idk what happened >>
ooooooooooo kssHcoX.png K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
FV is just about to end a year long hiatus from event updates. They just rolled out their only job update in the last year a few days ago.

The userbase is currently fairly small with around 50-100 people online at a time. The current players are mostly the people who are grinding daily in the hopes that things get better under the new owners (hence the hiatus as things get re-coded) and people there for the art market.

Play-wise it's a slow ramp-up where you gradually build up resources to start the endless "I turn in hundreds of items or a few rare items and dozens of items" to get better ones with fiddly time-gated everything. The time gates are variable based on equipment so I have villagers in the same career with 3 different countdowns to create the same item. At best I could have villagers completing things at 2, 3, 5, 7, 15, 22, 24 and 30 minute intervals plus a few things that can only be done 50 times a day.

It's not great playing on a phone because of the fiddly times and there is no "free" way to create the premium currency. All premium currency was bought by someone and then traded. The supposed exchange rate for play currency vs. premium is 1000:1 but the effective rate in the shops ranges from 1300-4000:1 based on my item sales.

That being said, the art is very cute and the art market is fabulous. I'm there primarily to trade for FR currency/items and I've traded the equivalent of around 450kg over the years with a ton of stuff still on my account there. After the ramp-up process (10-11 villagers, enough animals/stables to breed 50 per day, enough herbalist pots to do 200 plants an hour, enough seeds to keep them full) my average daily income from an hour or two a day is 150k with bumps of 5-10 million every time a new update comes out. So far I've cleared 8.8 million from the latest update since I'd spent the time building up inventory. By the time prices drop back to normal I expect to clear 11 million.

Daily minimal effort is 10 minutes (dailies, fix stables/houses, Explore, make something) without breeding and it lets you accumulate the necessary stuff to sell during events.
FV is just about to end a year long hiatus from event updates. They just rolled out their only job update in the last year a few days ago.

The userbase is currently fairly small with around 50-100 people online at a time. The current players are mostly the people who are grinding daily in the hopes that things get better under the new owners (hence the hiatus as things get re-coded) and people there for the art market.

Play-wise it's a slow ramp-up where you gradually build up resources to start the endless "I turn in hundreds of items or a few rare items and dozens of items" to get better ones with fiddly time-gated everything. The time gates are variable based on equipment so I have villagers in the same career with 3 different countdowns to create the same item. At best I could have villagers completing things at 2, 3, 5, 7, 15, 22, 24 and 30 minute intervals plus a few things that can only be done 50 times a day.

It's not great playing on a phone because of the fiddly times and there is no "free" way to create the premium currency. All premium currency was bought by someone and then traded. The supposed exchange rate for play currency vs. premium is 1000:1 but the effective rate in the shops ranges from 1300-4000:1 based on my item sales.

That being said, the art is very cute and the art market is fabulous. I'm there primarily to trade for FR currency/items and I've traded the equivalent of around 450kg over the years with a ton of stuff still on my account there. After the ramp-up process (10-11 villagers, enough animals/stables to breed 50 per day, enough herbalist pots to do 200 plants an hour, enough seeds to keep them full) my average daily income from an hour or two a day is 150k with bumps of 5-10 million every time a new update comes out. So far I've cleared 8.8 million from the latest update since I'd spent the time building up inventory. By the time prices drop back to normal I expect to clear 11 million.

Daily minimal effort is 10 minutes (dailies, fix stables/houses, Explore, make something) without breeding and it lets you accumulate the necessary stuff to sell during events.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
I played Dappervolk when it first came out and didn't play it long so I can't speak for its current state, but back then I found it pretty boring. However its not like you have to pay to play and you might find it fun, so there's really no harm in trying it.

As for other pet games have you heard of tattered weave? I personally found it too tedious to play but you might not. It is the opposite of active though only like 30 players online at a time so who knows how long it'll last.
I played Dappervolk when it first came out and didn't play it long so I can't speak for its current state, but back then I found it pretty boring. However its not like you have to pay to play and you might find it fun, so there's really no harm in trying it.

As for other pet games have you heard of tattered weave? I personally found it too tedious to play but you might not. It is the opposite of active though only like 30 players online at a time so who knows how long it'll last.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
Dappervolk is nice, I like it - I used to play it everyday when I first started but lately it hasn't really captured my attention much.

It's more RPG-styled than pet-game styled, like FR. You have a character and you go on text-based quests, you get items you can incubate into pets, there's crafting... to me it's more like a dress-up game. There's daily tasks like "play this game 3 times," or "interact with your pet 3 times," etc. But yeah, it's more expanded than just a pet-sim game. :)

If you're interested in the more text-based RPG style aspect, then I think you'll like it!
Dappervolk is nice, I like it - I used to play it everyday when I first started but lately it hasn't really captured my attention much.

It's more RPG-styled than pet-game styled, like FR. You have a character and you go on text-based quests, you get items you can incubate into pets, there's crafting... to me it's more like a dress-up game. There's daily tasks like "play this game 3 times," or "interact with your pet 3 times," etc. But yeah, it's more expanded than just a pet-sim game. :)

If you're interested in the more text-based RPG style aspect, then I think you'll like it!
@EternalLife I heard about tattered wave but I still don’t know if I should play it cause I still don’t know a lot about the game. However, I might check it out.
@EternalLife I heard about tattered wave but I still don’t know if I should play it cause I still don’t know a lot about the game. However, I might check it out.
____tttttttttytttttttttttttttt___tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
Have you heard of “Lorwolf”? It’s a pet site that’s super similar to Flight Rising except it’s got wolves instead of dragons. It’s going into early access on December 1st and the earlier you sign up, the better.
Have you heard of “Lorwolf”? It’s a pet site that’s super similar to Flight Rising except it’s got wolves instead of dragons. It’s going into early access on December 1st and the earlier you sign up, the better.
6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png
I've never played Furvilla, but I did have beta access to Dappervolk before it was officially released, and I will say that it is a pretty fun game if you are into customization, trading, and pet breeding. When the game was still in beta the forums were also often active, but I'm not sure if that's more or less so now.
One of the main aspects of the game is its quests and storylines that you can follow, and by doing these you can earn potatoes (games currency) or other items that you can sell and trade, but I remember that these oftentimes were kind of buggy if you didn't do them in a very specific order, but again, I was a beta tester so this might have been fixed in the official release.
I remember after the game was released to the public, there was initially a lot of lag (we're talking, 2+ minutes for a page to load) because their servers couldn't handle the influx of people. I got frustrated with it because of that and I told myself that I would stop playing until they fixed the issues with their severe page lag but I never got around to it.
BUT from what I remember the game was pretty enjoyable over all, if not just because you can tell that the devs put a lot of care into the designs and features of the site. However, I will say that Dappervolk does feel like it's lacking something. Like one of those games where if you were to try to play it for an hour a day you'd run out of things to do and get bored. I think this might be because, unlike other pet games, it's more focused around the story surrounding the site rather than things like breeding or owning a lot of animals and whatnot that you could make up lore over. Because the game is just you, your avatar, and whatever little animals you brewed up by putting random items into a pot. But even then, you can't really customize those animals any further than that, and there are bound to be plenty of people who brewed the same items that you did and so theirs would look exactly the same as yours, so there really isn't a drive to make up lore or anything like that, so there's nothing that really keeps you wanting to come back to the site.
But again, maybe things are different from the last time that I used it, and I'm sure that there are plenty of people who could spend a lot of time in the forums and item hunting and whatnot without getting bored.
Hope this helped!

Update: I played the game again yesterday, and they definitely fleshed it out a lot more since the last time I used it. If you like completing quests or hunting for rare items or participating in site-wide events you could definitely sink a lot of hours into this game but again, it's mostly an RPG game so it might not be to everybody's tastes in that regard.
I've never played Furvilla, but I did have beta access to Dappervolk before it was officially released, and I will say that it is a pretty fun game if you are into customization, trading, and pet breeding. When the game was still in beta the forums were also often active, but I'm not sure if that's more or less so now.
One of the main aspects of the game is its quests and storylines that you can follow, and by doing these you can earn potatoes (games currency) or other items that you can sell and trade, but I remember that these oftentimes were kind of buggy if you didn't do them in a very specific order, but again, I was a beta tester so this might have been fixed in the official release.
I remember after the game was released to the public, there was initially a lot of lag (we're talking, 2+ minutes for a page to load) because their servers couldn't handle the influx of people. I got frustrated with it because of that and I told myself that I would stop playing until they fixed the issues with their severe page lag but I never got around to it.
BUT from what I remember the game was pretty enjoyable over all, if not just because you can tell that the devs put a lot of care into the designs and features of the site. However, I will say that Dappervolk does feel like it's lacking something. Like one of those games where if you were to try to play it for an hour a day you'd run out of things to do and get bored. I think this might be because, unlike other pet games, it's more focused around the story surrounding the site rather than things like breeding or owning a lot of animals and whatnot that you could make up lore over. Because the game is just you, your avatar, and whatever little animals you brewed up by putting random items into a pot. But even then, you can't really customize those animals any further than that, and there are bound to be plenty of people who brewed the same items that you did and so theirs would look exactly the same as yours, so there really isn't a drive to make up lore or anything like that, so there's nothing that really keeps you wanting to come back to the site.
But again, maybe things are different from the last time that I used it, and I'm sure that there are plenty of people who could spend a lot of time in the forums and item hunting and whatnot without getting bored.
Hope this helped!

Update: I played the game again yesterday, and they definitely fleshed it out a lot more since the last time I used it. If you like completing quests or hunting for rare items or participating in site-wide events you could definitely sink a lot of hours into this game but again, it's mostly an RPG game so it might not be to everybody's tastes in that regard.
NSZvCod.png
OxagJgG.png
mlHpBMC.png
WvtW9EF.png
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2022-11-19 09:43:27" ] FV is just about to end a year long hiatus from event updates. They just rolled out their only job update in the last year a few days ago. [/quote] yah my interest in petsites has dropped a lot these past couple of years but I have still been keeping track of FR, DV and FV with an equal amount of low casual interest. I probably wouldn't join FV for a couple of months or at least until the (monthly) events/festivals start kicking back up again. A few of the regulars have taken a hiatus from the site while the owners fix up backend stuff so the site is truly a bit dead at the moment like others have mentioned. You could join now to get your bearings but I think the events are where most the fun is at. I'm big on the art side of things so wouldn't say the art market on FV is currently flourishing as much as it is over here or on Dappervolk but there are a few talented people that pop in from time to time. In the more active days it was a great place for art but without events to sink the currency, there's not much need for artists to draw for in-game currency and so higher skilled artists atm are scarce. - As for Dappervolk, a big part of the game is talking daily/often to the NPCs and doing their tasks (which are chosen randomly from that NPC's task pool, like Tomo's Trivia Tablet that's why things can get repetitive). There is a storyline to follow and you unlock new towns as you progress through the story. And on your birthday the villagers send you letters. If you've been mean to the NPC, the NPC will be a little rude to you. I think the plan is to keep adding stories and towns and they constantly reassess to update the balancing of the game so that things aren't too grindy. The story itself is pretty cute, the art is very nice, the customisation of your avatar is quite fun, they release new clothes monthly and pets I think come out close to one monthly as well. They have minigames where you can earn their "treasure" equivalent. The pets are kind of pokemon-like you "hatch" them and you can mix some together in "alchemy" to make cooler pets, pat them enough times and they turn shiny, you can customise your pets with an item similar to how skins and accents work here on FR. I would agree that DV is mostly focussed on playing human dress-up though. There's a decent amount of masculine clothing but it leans more to femme so that may influence how much you enjoy the game. I only played tattered weave in the beta days and it was similar to Dappervolk (it came out a bit before DV) with the NPC affection and pets and dress-up but I wasn't a fan of the overall look or gameplay
Nightwind wrote on 2022-11-19 09:43:27:

yah my interest in petsites has dropped a lot these past couple of years but I have still been keeping track of FR, DV and FV with an equal amount of low casual interest.

I probably wouldn't join FV for a couple of months or at least until the (monthly) events/festivals start kicking back up again. A few of the regulars have taken a hiatus from the site while the owners fix up backend stuff so the site is truly a bit dead at the moment like others have mentioned. You could join now to get your bearings but I think the events are where most the fun is at.

I'm big on the art side of things so wouldn't say the art market on FV is currently flourishing as much as it is over here or on Dappervolk but there are a few talented people that pop in from time to time. In the more active days it was a great place for art but without events to sink the currency, there's not much need for artists to draw for in-game currency and so higher skilled artists atm are scarce.
-
As for Dappervolk, a big part of the game is talking daily/often to the NPCs and doing their tasks (which are chosen randomly from that NPC's task pool, like Tomo's Trivia Tablet that's why things can get repetitive). There is a storyline to follow and you unlock new towns as you progress through the story. And on your birthday the villagers send you letters. If you've been mean to the NPC, the NPC will be a little rude to you.

I think the plan is to keep adding stories and towns and they constantly reassess to update the balancing of the game so that things aren't too grindy.

The story itself is pretty cute, the art is very nice, the customisation of your avatar is quite fun, they release new clothes monthly and pets I think come out close to one monthly as well. They have minigames where you can earn their "treasure" equivalent. The pets are kind of pokemon-like you "hatch" them and you can mix some together in "alchemy" to make cooler pets, pat them enough times and they turn shiny, you can customise your pets with an item similar to how skins and accents work here on FR.

I would agree that DV is mostly focussed on playing human dress-up though. There's a decent amount of masculine clothing but it leans more to femme so that may influence how much you enjoy the game.

I only played tattered weave in the beta days and it was similar to Dappervolk (it came out a bit before DV) with the NPC affection and pets and dress-up but I wasn't a fan of the overall look or gameplay
COT3Kxt.gif Etsy
1 2