Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Travelers dragons
1 2 3
[color=302c28][size=4][font=cambria]I was thinkin', wouldn't it be interestin' to be able to choose a dragon and send them out to travel to other people's lairs? We could add a broadcast message and set a certain amount o' time - a week, a month - and every day that dragon would appear in a different lair for 24 hours before leavin'. Then, if ye feel like it, ye can give them somethin' to bring back to their home (either anonimously or with yer username attached): a message/letter, some treasure, gems, apparel, maybe a familiar, anything ye feel would be a cool souvenir for th' original owner [emoji=scroll 2 size=1] letters could be an item but cannot be anonymous, and also should be optional for users who don't want them. Ye can edit yer gifts anytime ye want before th' next cooldown. There should be a toggle for whoever doesn't want visitors for any reason too obviously, but space wise they wouldn't take any slots (customizable travelers' tab/slots maybe?) so even if we didn't have space we could still house th' visitors, for a max o' three/five at once to make sure everyone's dragon gets a chance to find someplace to go [emoji=wing size=1] What if we don't have space to house back our dragon? Maybe they could wait in some sorta crossroad till we can accept them again - aye that could end up bein' an exploit to store dragons but we would still need to accept them into our lair before sendin' another one. What if we want our dragon back early 'cause we need them ? There'd be a "are you sure you want to send them out?" warning but if we really need, we should be able to house them back immediately (not sure a fee would be appreciated tho, maybe it's free but we have to wait a longer cooldown to send travelers again?) unless th' dragon has gifts from th' lair they're currently in, in this case ye would need to wait for next day - this is to make sure players can have all th' time to edit their souvenirs without th' traveler bein' suddenly gone. So, Thoughts?
I was thinkin', wouldn't it be interestin' to be able to choose a dragon and send them out to travel to other people's lairs? We could add a broadcast message and set a certain amount o' time - a week, a month - and every day that dragon would appear in a different lair for 24 hours before leavin'. Then, if ye feel like it, ye can give them somethin' to bring back to their home (either anonimously or with yer username attached): a message/letter, some treasure, gems, apparel, maybe a familiar, anything ye feel would be a cool souvenir for th' original owner letters could be an item but cannot be anonymous, and also should be optional for users who don't want them. Ye can edit yer gifts anytime ye want before th' next cooldown.

There should be a toggle for whoever doesn't want visitors for any reason too obviously, but space wise they wouldn't take any slots (customizable travelers' tab/slots maybe?) so even if we didn't have space we could still house th' visitors, for a max o' three/five at once to make sure everyone's dragon gets a chance to find someplace to go

What if we don't have space to house back our dragon? Maybe they could wait in some sorta crossroad till we can accept them again - aye that could end up bein' an exploit to store dragons but we would still need to accept them into our lair before sendin' another one.

What if we want our dragon back early 'cause we need them ? There'd be a "are you sure you want to send them out?" warning but if we really need, we should be able to house them back immediately (not sure a fee would be appreciated tho, maybe it's free but we have to wait a longer cooldown to send travelers again?) unless th' dragon has gifts from th' lair they're currently in, in this case ye would need to wait for next day - this is to make sure players can have all th' time to edit their souvenirs without th' traveler bein' suddenly gone.

So,
Thoughts?
UDy41Fx.png
No support. You should not be able to just randomly give people dragons without them asking or wanting them.
No support. You should not be able to just randomly give people dragons without them asking or wanting them.
66.png
This wouldn't be my cuppa tea, but also I know traveling dragons are a community thing (or at least, historically have been), and there's some lore fun to this too. I would say, if this is an official thing, I think the traveler's spot should be reserved for them for when they get back. No cheating the system that way. Also, this should 100% be an opt-in feature, not an opt-out one.

I am curious how this would play with DragonMeet/Adventure Mode, should either be implemented- Adventure Mode hypothetically seems like a version of this, but you send the dragon off to the site, not to another user.

I'm also not quite getting how the gifting thing works, but I could see that being fun. However, I'd rather have something similar to how 4dopt does that- adopts there have slots for treasures, and the treasures stay attached when the adopt is sent to another user. Then even the people who don't wanna send their dragons off to go exploring get something out of the deal!
This wouldn't be my cuppa tea, but also I know traveling dragons are a community thing (or at least, historically have been), and there's some lore fun to this too. I would say, if this is an official thing, I think the traveler's spot should be reserved for them for when they get back. No cheating the system that way. Also, this should 100% be an opt-in feature, not an opt-out one.

I am curious how this would play with DragonMeet/Adventure Mode, should either be implemented- Adventure Mode hypothetically seems like a version of this, but you send the dragon off to the site, not to another user.

I'm also not quite getting how the gifting thing works, but I could see that being fun. However, I'd rather have something similar to how 4dopt does that- adopts there have slots for treasures, and the treasures stay attached when the adopt is sent to another user. Then even the people who don't wanna send their dragons off to go exploring get something out of the deal!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

No support.
tumblr_nik7m7KDt61r6570qo4_500.gif
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2022-11-17 10:26:58" ] This wouldn't be my cuppa tea, but also I know traveling dragons are a community thing (or at least, historically have been), and there's some lore fun to this too. I would say, if this is an official thing, I think the traveler's spot should be reserved for them for when they get back. No cheating the system that way. Also, this should 100% be an opt-in feature, not an opt-out one. I am curious how this would play with DragonMeet/Adventure Mode, should either be implemented- Adventure Mode hypothetically seems like a version of this, but you send the dragon off to the site, not to another user. I'm also not quite getting how the gifting thing works, but I could see that being fun. However, I'd rather have something similar to how 4dopt does that- adopts there have slots for treasures, and the treasures stay attached when the adopt is sent to another user. Then even the people who don't wanna send their dragons off to go exploring get something out of the deal! [/quote] I like the 4dopt system, this seems more like a good way to gift other users while also allowing users who don't want random gifts/interaction to opt out.
Renaiwom wrote on 2022-11-17 10:26:58:

I like the 4dopt system, this seems more like a good way to gift other users while also allowing users who don't want random gifts/interaction to opt out.

I'd actually like to see this as a safe way of doing traveling dragons. As is, it's something I always recommend against doing due to the high risk of theft. If the feature automatically returns the dragon, can't be exalted or bred, etc. and is opt-in only, I think it'd be fun and harmless.
I'd actually like to see this as a safe way of doing traveling dragons. As is, it's something I always recommend against doing due to the high risk of theft. If the feature automatically returns the dragon, can't be exalted or bred, etc. and is opt-in only, I think it'd be fun and harmless.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Tserin" date="2022-11-17 12:38:36" ] I'd actually like to see this as a safe way of doing traveling dragons. As is, it's something I always recommend against doing due to the high risk of theft. If the feature automatically returns the dragon, can't be exalted or bred, etc. and is opt-in only, I think it'd be fun and harmless. [/quote] [color=302c28][size=4][font=cambria]That's exactly what I had in mind in fact ! They are opt-in and only appear in others' lair, only thing that can be done is addin' items and things in their inventory, but no nestin' / dress ecc.
Tserin wrote on 2022-11-17 12:38:36:
That's exactly what I had in mind in fact ! They are opt-in and only appear in others' lair, only thing that can be done is addin' items and things in their inventory, but no nestin' / dress ecc.
UDy41Fx.png
[quote name="Tserin" date="2022-11-17 12:38:36" ] I'd actually like to see this as a safe way of doing traveling dragons. As is, it's something I always recommend against doing due to the high risk of theft. If the feature automatically returns the dragon, can't be exalted or bred, etc. and is opt-in only, I think it'd be fun and harmless. [/quote] i think this is why we don't see more of them, honestly. i've participated in more than one but only ever even got my turn with a single dragon because they constantly end up going to someone who goes inactive without returning them, or just outright exalting the dragon. and per the site's rules there's nothing that can be done when that happens. :( i don't know how complicated they'd want to make the system, necessarily (as far as like apparel / trinkets / familiars) but at the very least i think a way to pass a dragon between lairs without a risk of it ending up rotting on a dead account unable to continue travelling would be nice and encourage an additional sort of community event. [s]it's free content[/s] edit: i will say i think having a dropdown list that the owner of the original dragon can select bullet points on would be the way to go, because 'breed this dragon' is part of a lot of travelling dragons' stories! so like. a series of options for the original owner, starts default empty where the dragon can change hands but nothing else. boxes for: gene change eye change breed change scatterscroll silhouette scroll eternal youth & maturity nesting dressing familiar coliseum biography and the original person can select as many as they please and ONLY THOSE THINGS SELECTED can be done. (obviously the nesting one would come with thee caveat that the time before the dragon comes back has to be set to at least 6 days) this would be like... my own personal idealized way to do it.
Tserin wrote on 2022-11-17 12:38:36:

i think this is why we don't see more of them, honestly. i've participated in more than one but only ever even got my turn with a single dragon because they constantly end up going to someone who goes inactive without returning them, or just outright exalting the dragon. and per the site's rules there's nothing that can be done when that happens. :(

i don't know how complicated they'd want to make the system, necessarily (as far as like apparel / trinkets / familiars) but at the very least i think a way to pass a dragon between lairs without a risk of it ending up rotting on a dead account unable to continue travelling would be nice and encourage an additional sort of community event. it's free content

edit: i will say i think having a dropdown list that the owner of the original dragon can select bullet points on would be the way to go, because 'breed this dragon' is part of a lot of travelling dragons' stories!

so like. a series of options for the original owner, starts default empty where the dragon can change hands but nothing else.

boxes for:
gene change
eye change
breed change
scatterscroll
silhouette scroll
eternal youth & maturity
nesting
dressing
familiar
coliseum
biography

and the original person can select as many as they please and ONLY THOSE THINGS SELECTED can be done. (obviously the nesting one would come with thee caveat that the time before the dragon comes back has to be set to at least 6 days) this would be like... my own personal idealized way to do it.
I think if you can buy a specific "traveler dragon slots", that could be a pretty good money sink without having to give up your own lair slots! :> You can't store your own dragons in them, only traveler dragons, maybe? This sounds like a fun, neat idea.
I think if you can buy a specific "traveler dragon slots", that could be a pretty good money sink without having to give up your own lair slots! :> You can't store your own dragons in them, only traveler dragons, maybe? This sounds like a fun, neat idea.
Illustration24.png
What if dependin' on th' dragon's element, we could also get a small discount? As in, if shadow has dom an' a shadow aligned traveler is in yer lair, ye get maybe a 1-5% discount on treasure stuff? This way people who house them can get something nice too mayhaps
What if dependin' on th' dragon's element, we could also get a small discount? As in, if shadow has dom an' a shadow aligned traveler is in yer lair, ye get maybe a 1-5% discount on treasure stuff? This way people who house them can get something nice too mayhaps
UDy41Fx.png
1 2 3