Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | fun/cute indie games
1 2
i love vidya games :))))

i especially love create, fun, cutesy indie games, so imma share some of my favorites here and then ask everyone else to share! i also will link to the steam pages (if they have them) if u wanna check them out owo

first is one i rlly rlly wish more people would play, it's called my fluffy life. right off the bat i know its not gonna be everyones cup of tea aesthetically. its very bright, and has that sort of like, light angel doll type aesthetic. the game itself is styled like its a collage/scrapbook. but anyways! its a unique game, its kind of like a social walking sim with a bunch of minigames, a diary you can customize and scrapbook in, and a whole bunch of cute things. you can customize your fluffy, your room, you can write letters and write in your diary, and theres updates for every season! its just. its just so cute.

next is a little to the left. it just came out recently! its a puzzle game themed around organizing. it has some fantastic asmr type sounds and a great soundtrack. theres also multiple solutions to some puzzles! its very calming and its fun to figure out all the ways you can solve things. also theres a cat.

next is one that has probably been seen by more than the prior games, but its kind words (lofi chill beats to write to). basically you write and receive encouraging letters to and from strangers in cozy rooms listening to chill music. also stickers! the letters are actual real people, and you can send your own things to people as well and get responses. theres multiple different rooms too that you can chill in! also a screensaver mode where you can just vibe to the music!

the last one ill put for now is virtual cottage. it is, as the title says, a virtual cottage. kinda. the best way to describe it is like, those lofi girl study videos/streams but personalized. it has a bunch of music and different ambient effects you can adjust the volume of. its meant for working, so you put in an activity you want to focus on and a timer, so its great if you use like the pomodoro method or need a reminder to take breaks. also has a built in todo list and a bunch of other stuff! dynamic lighting! cat and dog! fullscreen! its great! and its F R E E

i have more i could put here but ive rambled long enough for now lmao. if anyone gets into these games from this lmk, esp fluffy life we can be friends :3 also share your fun chill indie games! i need them. i need them all. they are my life blood.
i love vidya games :))))

i especially love create, fun, cutesy indie games, so imma share some of my favorites here and then ask everyone else to share! i also will link to the steam pages (if they have them) if u wanna check them out owo

first is one i rlly rlly wish more people would play, it's called my fluffy life. right off the bat i know its not gonna be everyones cup of tea aesthetically. its very bright, and has that sort of like, light angel doll type aesthetic. the game itself is styled like its a collage/scrapbook. but anyways! its a unique game, its kind of like a social walking sim with a bunch of minigames, a diary you can customize and scrapbook in, and a whole bunch of cute things. you can customize your fluffy, your room, you can write letters and write in your diary, and theres updates for every season! its just. its just so cute.

next is a little to the left. it just came out recently! its a puzzle game themed around organizing. it has some fantastic asmr type sounds and a great soundtrack. theres also multiple solutions to some puzzles! its very calming and its fun to figure out all the ways you can solve things. also theres a cat.

next is one that has probably been seen by more than the prior games, but its kind words (lofi chill beats to write to). basically you write and receive encouraging letters to and from strangers in cozy rooms listening to chill music. also stickers! the letters are actual real people, and you can send your own things to people as well and get responses. theres multiple different rooms too that you can chill in! also a screensaver mode where you can just vibe to the music!

the last one ill put for now is virtual cottage. it is, as the title says, a virtual cottage. kinda. the best way to describe it is like, those lofi girl study videos/streams but personalized. it has a bunch of music and different ambient effects you can adjust the volume of. its meant for working, so you put in an activity you want to focus on and a timer, so its great if you use like the pomodoro method or need a reminder to take breaks. also has a built in todo list and a bunch of other stuff! dynamic lighting! cat and dog! fullscreen! its great! and its F R E E

i have more i could put here but ive rambled long enough for now lmao. if anyone gets into these games from this lmk, esp fluffy life we can be friends :3 also share your fun chill indie games! i need them. i need them all. they are my life blood.
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
I'm gonna check those out later. In the meantime, have a recommendation from me:

Ooblets. You got a farm, grow cute creatures and make them participate in card-based dance battles. It's got a lot of stuff to do, and a lot of stuff to collect, which is something I always appreciate. Many customisation options too, for your character, your house, your farm, and even for the ooblets themselves.
It very cute, and very - I'm not using this word lightly here - quirky.
I'm gonna check those out later. In the meantime, have a recommendation from me:

Ooblets. You got a farm, grow cute creatures and make them participate in card-based dance battles. It's got a lot of stuff to do, and a lot of stuff to collect, which is something I always appreciate. Many customisation options too, for your character, your house, your farm, and even for the ooblets themselves.
It very cute, and very - I'm not using this word lightly here - quirky.
hmm I dont do this type of game often, but I guess the last I played was Calico. you get a cat café to decorate and take care of, a lot of player customization, and you can grab every animal you find out there in the wilds to come live with you, be it a simple kitten, a crow, a capybara or a bear. there's some light magic elements too and you can use potions on tiny animals to make them huge and rideable, I loved flying around on my pigeon :^)
hmm I dont do this type of game often, but I guess the last I played was Calico. you get a cat café to decorate and take care of, a lot of player customization, and you can grab every animal you find out there in the wilds to come live with you, be it a simple kitten, a crow, a capybara or a bear. there's some light magic elements too and you can use potions on tiny animals to make them huge and rideable, I loved flying around on my pigeon :^)
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
@Xionahri
OOBLETS YES
i havent gotten it yet, but its one ive been following for quite a while! it looks so cute fudisgal and yes, the uh. speech patterns they decided to give the game. certainly quirky lmao

@Hiros
ALSO YES calico was one i was gonna put in my first post before it got too long lmao its so cute....... my favorite was chubbs :3c
@Xionahri
OOBLETS YES
i havent gotten it yet, but its one ive been following for quite a while! it looks so cute fudisgal and yes, the uh. speech patterns they decided to give the game. certainly quirky lmao

@Hiros
ALSO YES calico was one i was gonna put in my first post before it got too long lmao its so cute....... my favorite was chubbs :3c
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
All of these suggestions are so interesting!

My recommendation is a game called Symposium of Grief, a game about a ghost going through the stages of grief. It's pretty funny and emotionally touching, and I wish it had more of a following.
All of these suggestions are so interesting!

My recommendation is a game called Symposium of Grief, a game about a ghost going through the stages of grief. It's pretty funny and emotionally touching, and I wish it had more of a following.
If you don't mind spiders Webbed is very cute, although it is short for its price. Although based on what you linked I don't know if its the type of game you'd like (its platform and puzzle)
If you don't mind spiders Webbed is very cute, although it is short for its price. Although based on what you linked I don't know if its the type of game you'd like (its platform and puzzle)
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
I'll suggest Apico for you, it's a really chill and cute game about raising bees! You also crossbreed flowers and collect butterflies, too!
I'll suggest Apico for you, it's a really chill and cute game about raising bees! You also crossbreed flowers and collect butterflies, too!
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
Not sure if these are the same kind of indie games at all but here's a few:

Call of the Sea
I wouldn't call it "cute", but I think it might be indie. It's a somewhat short mystery game with cool vibes and a bit of spooky. Those into the Nancy Drew game series would probably like it!

Beacon Pines
This one IS cute, but also has some slightly grisly and suspenseful horror. Those into visual novels would probably like it! Entertaining dialogue, likeable characters, and a unique take on alternate endings.

Sable
A relaxing open-world exploration game. It has an interesting art style and world setting, and a dialogue style that's uniquely written. It does lag a bit, but it's lag that's very worth putting up with!

PikuNiku
Puzzle platformer. Both the co-op levels and the adventure mode are very humorous~
Not sure if these are the same kind of indie games at all but here's a few:

Call of the Sea
I wouldn't call it "cute", but I think it might be indie. It's a somewhat short mystery game with cool vibes and a bit of spooky. Those into the Nancy Drew game series would probably like it!

Beacon Pines
This one IS cute, but also has some slightly grisly and suspenseful horror. Those into visual novels would probably like it! Entertaining dialogue, likeable characters, and a unique take on alternate endings.

Sable
A relaxing open-world exploration game. It has an interesting art style and world setting, and a dialogue style that's uniquely written. It does lag a bit, but it's lag that's very worth putting up with!

PikuNiku
Puzzle platformer. Both the co-op levels and the adventure mode are very humorous~
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
Very very short, but My Sticker Book https://store.steampowered.com/app/2088270/My_Sticker_Book/ is really cute, and a fun premise that could probably be neat in a game with actual length. Use stickers representing items to navigate the environment, scare monsters, and solve puzzles. It's like, ten minutes unless you get stuck on one specific part, but it's free, so if you want to kill some time listening to music box music in a game with sort of paper-cut-out/sticker-book style visuals, there's no harm in trying it.
Very very short, but My Sticker Book https://store.steampowered.com/app/2088270/My_Sticker_Book/ is really cute, and a fun premise that could probably be neat in a game with actual length. Use stickers representing items to navigate the environment, scare monsters, and solve puzzles. It's like, ten minutes unless you get stuck on one specific part, but it's free, so if you want to kill some time listening to music box music in a game with sort of paper-cut-out/sticker-book style visuals, there's no harm in trying it.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
I’m not exactly sure if this counts as “cute”, but Spiritfarer :) I would definitely recommend (if you’re up for some crying and slightly dark moments)
I’m not exactly sure if this counts as “cute”, but Spiritfarer :) I would definitely recommend (if you’re up for some crying and slightly dark moments)
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png