Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] SSL Protocol Error
1 2
I'm posting on behalf of ElysionLycaon, who reported in a FR Discord this morning that they're receiving this error when trying to access most of the site: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/942480602416967720/1040290286552756264/unknown.png[/img] They are on Windows 10 and running Chrome (and have tried with Edge as well to the same result), and their husband has gotten the same error from his phone while not on the same wifi/IP address. They have cleared their cache. They apparently can still hit the coliseum and battle there, but not their message inbox or most of the rest of the site. Any help is appreciated- I'll be at work for the next few hours but things are slow today so I'm happy to relay messages back and forth.
I'm posting on behalf of ElysionLycaon, who reported in a FR Discord this morning that they're receiving this error when trying to access most of the site:

unknown.png

They are on Windows 10 and running Chrome (and have tried with Edge as well to the same result), and their husband has gotten the same error from his phone while not on the same wifi/IP address. They have cleared their cache. They apparently can still hit the coliseum and battle there, but not their message inbox or most of the rest of the site. Any help is appreciated- I'll be at work for the next few hours but things are slow today so I'm happy to relay messages back and forth.
britwhalebadge.png
@beanutbutter
Does the same thing happen in incognito mode? It's also worth trying Firefox as an alternative - Edge is still a Chromium browser.
@beanutbutter
Does the same thing happen in incognito mode? It's also worth trying Firefox as an alternative - Edge is still a Chromium browser.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus No change with incognito mode. Trying on Firefox gives a somewhat more descriptive error message: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/907706332839309314/1040317199883190322/image.png[/img]
@Vendrus No change with incognito mode. Trying on Firefox gives a somewhat more descriptive error message:

image.png
britwhalebadge.png
Update: Activating their husband's VPN makes the connection work on his computer- the site won't load without it on that machine, either. Not sure how helpful this info is but it's something?
Update: Activating their husband's VPN makes the connection work on his computer- the site won't load without it on that machine, either. Not sure how helpful this info is but it's something?
britwhalebadge.png
I am having this issue as well. Same with my roommate were both having issues connecting
I am having this issue as well. Same with my roommate were both having issues connecting
15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
My best guess at this point isn't very helpful I'm afraid - a borked node near FR's servers, or a potentially but unlikely a borked port.

- Consistent across browsers
- Consistent for users in the same location
- Only happening to a small number of users
My best guess at this point isn't very helpful I'm afraid - a borked node near FR's servers, or a potentially but unlikely a borked port.

- Consistent across browsers
- Consistent for users in the same location
- Only happening to a small number of users
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
It is working fine on my phone. On data and connected to wifi. Only my laptop is still having issues.

Using windows 10, tried both edge and chrome. Roommate is using firefox

Edit: using a VPN I am able to connect with my laptop, hope this is fixed soon.. I don't think its on my end
It is working fine on my phone. On data and connected to wifi. Only my laptop is still having issues.

Using windows 10, tried both edge and chrome. Roommate is using firefox

Edit: using a VPN I am able to connect with my laptop, hope this is fixed soon.. I don't think its on my end
15584.png >>Shiver
>>They/She
>>Avatar Dragon
I'm still having issues connecting on any computer or phone in the house no matter what browser.

I have installed a VPN for the time being and that seems to be the fix, but I'd rather not HAVE to use a VPN just to connect to FR
I'm still having issues connecting on any computer or phone in the house no matter what browser.

I have installed a VPN for the time being and that seems to be the fix, but I'd rather not HAVE to use a VPN just to connect to FR
Sig_1.png
Sig_2.png
image_part_005.png
______
Flagged this thread with a tracking tag for everyone.

We received a couple reports about this issue very late last week and our engineers are investigating. It appears to be hitting more players now.

The current workaround appears to be to use a VPN. If you're experiencing this issue and are able to reach this thread, please comment confirming so and include the browsers and devices you've tried. Do not share your IP addresses, even VPNS. Thank you!
Flagged this thread with a tracking tag for everyone.

We received a couple reports about this issue very late last week and our engineers are investigating. It appears to be hitting more players now.

The current workaround appears to be to use a VPN. If you're experiencing this issue and are able to reach this thread, please comment confirming so and include the browsers and devices you've tried. Do not share your IP addresses, even VPNS. Thank you!
I had this error the other day, Chrome with Windows 11 on my laptop. Thought it was just an error from NordVPN that I had been in the middle of testing out. But I've been able to access FR since, without the error, and without the VPN.
I had this error the other day, Chrome with Windows 11 on my laptop. Thought it was just an error from NordVPN that I had been in the middle of testing out. But I've been able to access FR since, without the error, and without the VPN.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
1 2