Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Search for dragons by skin/accent ID?
1 2
Forgive me if this has been suggested before!

I love skins and accents but sometimes I struggle for years to even conceptualize what sorts of colors/ genes/ apparel would be a good fit for one. Forum searching rarely helps since it'll just find me people selling a given accent, not dragons wearing it. Since each accent or skin has a unique ID number, could there perhaps be an option added to the site wide search (not the auction house, since of course dragons wearing skins/accents can't be listed!) where if we plug in an ID number, it brings up all dragons that currently have that skin or accent equipped? I'd use that constantly to get inspiration for the sort of dragon I want to fit to one of the ones gathering dust in my hoard!

I think adding that would have the possible knock-on effect of more gem purchases? Like if someone's eyeing a UMA but not sure if they want to buy it, then use that search feature and go 'oh yeah these dragons wearing it look A+, I will most certainly go buy it now'. But if there's any downsides/ reasons that this would be a bad idea, by all means let me know. I naturally have no clue if that kind of data even exists in FR's code.
Forgive me if this has been suggested before!

I love skins and accents but sometimes I struggle for years to even conceptualize what sorts of colors/ genes/ apparel would be a good fit for one. Forum searching rarely helps since it'll just find me people selling a given accent, not dragons wearing it. Since each accent or skin has a unique ID number, could there perhaps be an option added to the site wide search (not the auction house, since of course dragons wearing skins/accents can't be listed!) where if we plug in an ID number, it brings up all dragons that currently have that skin or accent equipped? I'd use that constantly to get inspiration for the sort of dragon I want to fit to one of the ones gathering dust in my hoard!

I think adding that would have the possible knock-on effect of more gem purchases? Like if someone's eyeing a UMA but not sure if they want to buy it, then use that search feature and go 'oh yeah these dragons wearing it look A+, I will most certainly go buy it now'. But if there's any downsides/ reasons that this would be a bad idea, by all means let me know. I naturally have no clue if that kind of data even exists in FR's code.
UJXttDL.png
I like it! I do not see downsides too.
I like it! I do not see downsides too.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
The only downside I can think of is people using it to ask people to sell it to them
The only downside I can think of is people using it to ask people to sell it to them

she/her | fr+3.|.skins

.................................………….....
GCDcYEq.png
I fear this will very quickly be abused to find rare UMAs and harass the owner to sell. Normally I am all about "risk for abuse shouldn't hold the site back" but this feature I think the risk is much higher than the benefit.
I fear this will very quickly be abused to find rare UMAs and harass the owner to sell. Normally I am all about "risk for abuse shouldn't hold the site back" but this feature I think the risk is much higher than the benefit.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="SCB" date="2022-11-10 10:12:15" ] I fear this will very quickly be abused to find rare UMAs and harass the owner to sell. Normally I am all about "risk for abuse shouldn't hold the site back" but this feature I think the risk is much higher than the benefit. [/quote] Unfortunately I have to agree with this. Alternatively, you could post in Dragon Share asking people to show you dragons wearing the skin or skins similar to it! A good way to get ideas, I think :)
SCB wrote on 2022-11-10 10:12:15:
Unfortunately I have to agree with this.

Alternatively, you could post in Dragon Share asking people to show you dragons wearing the skin or skins similar to it! A good way to get ideas, I think :)
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
As a person who makes and sells a lot of accents, I'd LOVE a way to see what dragons are wearing them. Unfortunately I agree that without a way for users to choose to hide their dragons from these searches this could easily result in a lot of users who aren't comfortable with it being asked to sell accents. While most people asking for dragons from dragon search seem to respect "not for sale/trade"s in bios, tabs, and on userpages, I do think we might not see the same respect for UMAs unless it's explicitly stated in the dragon's bio (and if you have a lore bio having a big DO NOT INQUIRE at the top might ruin your jazz). While dragons are fairly unique, I could absolutely see someone wanting to gift a friend a retired accent and sending a mass PM to all the people who have it equipped.

But we might be able to kill two birds with one stone. Imagine FR implementing an "inquiry" system. Clicking on the "inquire" button on a dragons page would open a page that had a PM addressed to the owner, and a link to the dragon itself, lending itself to being the standard way to make dragon or UMA inquiries, counteroffer on AH listings, or asking about hatchlings from a specific parent. This system would allow you to opt out on a dragon by dragon basis. By having this option greyed out (perhaps with a "This user is not accepting inquiries into this dragon" hovertext) the site could standardize a way for players to make it clear which dragons are permas, or if they want to be contacted about them. Disrespecting this or circumventing it would be enough of a taboo that I think we wouldn't see widespread use.
As a person who makes and sells a lot of accents, I'd LOVE a way to see what dragons are wearing them. Unfortunately I agree that without a way for users to choose to hide their dragons from these searches this could easily result in a lot of users who aren't comfortable with it being asked to sell accents. While most people asking for dragons from dragon search seem to respect "not for sale/trade"s in bios, tabs, and on userpages, I do think we might not see the same respect for UMAs unless it's explicitly stated in the dragon's bio (and if you have a lore bio having a big DO NOT INQUIRE at the top might ruin your jazz). While dragons are fairly unique, I could absolutely see someone wanting to gift a friend a retired accent and sending a mass PM to all the people who have it equipped.

But we might be able to kill two birds with one stone. Imagine FR implementing an "inquiry" system. Clicking on the "inquire" button on a dragons page would open a page that had a PM addressed to the owner, and a link to the dragon itself, lending itself to being the standard way to make dragon or UMA inquiries, counteroffer on AH listings, or asking about hatchlings from a specific parent. This system would allow you to opt out on a dragon by dragon basis. By having this option greyed out (perhaps with a "This user is not accepting inquiries into this dragon" hovertext) the site could standardize a way for players to make it clear which dragons are permas, or if they want to be contacted about them. Disrespecting this or circumventing it would be enough of a taboo that I think we wouldn't see widespread use.
I'm very hesitant to support this due to the amount of people who would use it solely to send unwelcome sales messages to other users for limited accents. People are pushy enough as is and from what I understand, this is a big problem already when it comes to accents.
I'm very hesitant to support this due to the amount of people who would use it solely to send unwelcome sales messages to other users for limited accents. People are pushy enough as is and from what I understand, this is a big problem already when it comes to accents.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Tserin" date="2022-11-10 16:23:22" ] I'm very hesitant to support this due to the amount of people who would use it solely to send unwelcome sales messages to other users for limited accents. People are pushy enough as is and from what I understand, this is a big problem already when it comes to accents. [/quote] Same here. While it could be useful for the reasons intended, I can see it becoming a problem with people who would just look up a dragon to try to get the skin/accent. So sadly, as useful as it could be, I can't support this, solely because of the problems it could potentially cause between players.
Tserin wrote on 2022-11-10 16:23:22:

Same here. While it could be useful for the reasons intended, I can see it becoming a problem with people who would just look up a dragon to try to get the skin/accent.

So sadly, as useful as it could be, I can't support this, solely because of the problems it could potentially cause between players.
WJnaXRt.gif 5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
OnuhFtt.png FZ9VPbS.png
Support with the option to opt our dragons out of the search feature! Similar to how we can opt out dragons out of likes and scenery. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Support with the option to opt our dragons out of the search feature! Similar to how we can opt out dragons out of likes and scenery.

No support due to possible harassment. I have a long public history of listing my collection, and buying skins, so I already get a lot of requests to sell skins. This would make it so much worse.
No support due to possible harassment. I have a long public history of listing my collection, and buying skins, so I already get a lot of requests to sell skins. This would make it so much worse.
Dragon Leveling 1-25
PWYW Gen 1's
1 2