Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Why Do Unhatched Eggs Sell for So Much?
personally just curious, honestly

and about what are the odds of getting them from scavenging? ive only ever gotten one and im at a decent level id say
personally just curious, honestly

and about what are the odds of getting them from scavenging? ive only ever gotten one and im at a decent level id say
-ngihtshadely, the silly goofy lad
@ngihtshadely

Mostly because people are bad at math and like taking chances.

With 177 possible colors the odds of getting a dragon that will sell for the same price or higher than the egg it came from are fairly small. Most sell for well below 200g.

However, there's also the chance of getting a high-demand combo are right around your local state lottery odds. Those can sell for millions.

Since people are bad at figuring their odds and it's (apparently) fun to gamble people are willing to buy them for high prices and hatch them.

Odds are never better than when you're at a low level of Scavenging. When you first start out unhatched eggs are about the only thing at that rarity level. As you level up you unlock more items at that rarity level so every time you Scavenge you roll to get rarity and then you roll again to see what you get in that rarity tier.

Nobody has figured the odds since they're both very small and unless you're maxed out you don't stay at a single level long enough to figure out the odds. People have gone years without getting one Scavenging so....yeah. Tiny.

@ngihtshadely

Mostly because people are bad at math and like taking chances.

With 177 possible colors the odds of getting a dragon that will sell for the same price or higher than the egg it came from are fairly small. Most sell for well below 200g.

However, there's also the chance of getting a high-demand combo are right around your local state lottery odds. Those can sell for millions.

Since people are bad at figuring their odds and it's (apparently) fun to gamble people are willing to buy them for high prices and hatch them.

Odds are never better than when you're at a low level of Scavenging. When you first start out unhatched eggs are about the only thing at that rarity level. As you level up you unlock more items at that rarity level so every time you Scavenge you roll to get rarity and then you roll again to see what you get in that rarity tier.

Nobody has figured the odds since they're both very small and unless you're maxed out you don't stay at a single level long enough to figure out the odds. People have gone years without getting one Scavenging so....yeah. Tiny.

I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind I know I'm jumping in here, but out of curiosity regarding your response; what other items (with high/comparable rarity or desirability to eggs) do you watch out for when scavenging at higher levels?
@Nightwind I know I'm jumping in here, but out of curiosity regarding your response; what other items (with high/comparable rarity or desirability to eggs) do you watch out for when scavenging at higher levels?
@Romanesque

No problem at all but I suggest making a new thread for future questions. Unless you ping somebody it generally looks like a response to the original poster and people are less likely to click on the thread to check it out.

As for your question nothing is comparable in price despite having identical or higher rarity.

The only thing that's worth more than a gem or two is likely the deity dolls, pocketwatches, Ruby Ring, Nickel Cat, and some of the openables that drop treasure (Bursting Sack of Shinies, for example). Those top out around 30g unless someone has bought all the AH stock and new sellers start prices off high when they find no competition.

There's a very large number of people who devote some if not most of their gathering turns on Scavenging which makes nearly all Scavenging drops more trouble to sell in the AH than the extra you'd get over hoardselling or saving for Crim. Barring new things needed for Swipp/Baldwin/HDen you're not going to find much of anything.

My general suggestion for Scavenging is don't. You're better off gathering nearly anywhere else and selling the drops to buy whatever you want that is Scavenging only.

Personally, once I maxed out I switched to Scavenging two days a month (elemental festival days) and call it good enough. I'l occasionally buy drops from other people to hoard against future uses, too.
@Romanesque

No problem at all but I suggest making a new thread for future questions. Unless you ping somebody it generally looks like a response to the original poster and people are less likely to click on the thread to check it out.

As for your question nothing is comparable in price despite having identical or higher rarity.

The only thing that's worth more than a gem or two is likely the deity dolls, pocketwatches, Ruby Ring, Nickel Cat, and some of the openables that drop treasure (Bursting Sack of Shinies, for example). Those top out around 30g unless someone has bought all the AH stock and new sellers start prices off high when they find no competition.

There's a very large number of people who devote some if not most of their gathering turns on Scavenging which makes nearly all Scavenging drops more trouble to sell in the AH than the extra you'd get over hoardselling or saving for Crim. Barring new things needed for Swipp/Baldwin/HDen you're not going to find much of anything.

My general suggestion for Scavenging is don't. You're better off gathering nearly anywhere else and selling the drops to buy whatever you want that is Scavenging only.

Personally, once I maxed out I switched to Scavenging two days a month (elemental festival days) and call it good enough. I'l occasionally buy drops from other people to hoard against future uses, too.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
i always thought that it was because they are so so rare and they're also den slot items so there's always demand for them. but yeah also people love to hatch
i always thought that it was because they are so so rare and they're also den slot items so there's always demand for them. but yeah also people love to hatch
sh5xjiu.pngdIMtL1H.pngvMooiXU.pngnfy0IrS.png5iXiC8z.pngoqjWYKt.pngHpBYoOt.pngca4nyRv.pngNlmYDAS.pngqhK4FYS.pnga69iToJ.pngYMPbu9R.png
@poploppege

Eggs were valuable well before the Hibernal Den existed though, so the den tasks have pushed elemental egg value up a bit higher is all
@poploppege

Eggs were valuable well before the Hibernal Den existed though, so the den tasks have pushed elemental egg value up a bit higher is all