Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Scroll down menus dysfunction
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Same for me. It's been happening for almost a week. I'm using a samsung galaxy s9 with the latest version of chrome if that helps the admins any.
Same for me. It's been happening for almost a week. I'm using a samsung galaxy s9 with the latest version of chrome if that helps the admins any.
XwzJAeR.png
Same issue here for the past few days, on Pixel 5, Android chrome
Same issue here for the past few days, on Pixel 5, Android chrome
LRdLP2V.pngG8AyR6r.png6Ef6hwD.pngaC86tUH.png
kHBaXec.pngmmoRz30.pngdjVsGUf.pngMOCTGj3.png
YMPbu9R.png
Thank you for the report @Sehti and thanks to everyone else who has provided extra information.

We don't know the cause yet, but there are several important factors that lead me to suspect a browser-specific issue.
  • The bug has been reported on sections of the website that are siloed off from each other - this is especially true of the Nesting Grounds, which isn't even on the same "WWW1" domain as the other pages. In some ways, it's a different website entirely.
  • Most (not all) of the menus mentioned are plain HTML select menus. They aren't dynamically loading data, changing selection options, or using fancy custom layouts.
  • There were no site updates in the days prior to bug being found.

We haven't been able to reproduce the bug on our end yet, but I suspect that's because we don't have the same non-emulated hardware in hand. Emulators aren't perfect and, as you might expect, this makes troubleshooting rather difficult.

Here are a few questions that could help:
  1. Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay?
  2. Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus.
  3. Has anyone using NON-Android hardware had this issue?
  4. Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps.
  5. For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up?

Sorry that we have no answers yet, but I want to make sure we've covered every option before concluding that we have to wait for a Chrome fix.
Thank you for the report @Sehti and thanks to everyone else who has provided extra information.

We don't know the cause yet, but there are several important factors that lead me to suspect a browser-specific issue.
  • The bug has been reported on sections of the website that are siloed off from each other - this is especially true of the Nesting Grounds, which isn't even on the same "WWW1" domain as the other pages. In some ways, it's a different website entirely.
  • Most (not all) of the menus mentioned are plain HTML select menus. They aren't dynamically loading data, changing selection options, or using fancy custom layouts.
  • There were no site updates in the days prior to bug being found.

We haven't been able to reproduce the bug on our end yet, but I suspect that's because we don't have the same non-emulated hardware in hand. Emulators aren't perfect and, as you might expect, this makes troubleshooting rather difficult.

Here are a few questions that could help:
  1. Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay?
  2. Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus.
  3. Has anyone using NON-Android hardware had this issue?
  4. Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps.
  5. For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up?

Sorry that we have no answers yet, but I want to make sure we've covered every option before concluding that we have to wait for a Chrome fix.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
Thanks for the quick response, @Kaepora! Speaking only for myself, but it is affecting all of my drop-down menus. It's only more noticeable on the longer ones because of the time it takes me to make a selection. However the problem is still there, for example, in the Auction House when I try to choose between male or female dragons or dragon age, etc. Same for the Scrying Workshop. Regardless of the menu type it doesn't seem to ever actually drop down the first time I tap it. (This is why I thought my touch screen was dying on my old phone.)

In answer to your last question, it for some reason seems to depend on how many times I've tried to access a menu. Though I haven't done any real timed tests. I will also note that the faster I scroll through a menu the more likely it is to boot me out.

I wish I could answer any of your other questions but I pretty much just use my phone's web browser for FR and Wordle. 0_o
Thanks for the quick response, @Kaepora! Speaking only for myself, but it is affecting all of my drop-down menus. It's only more noticeable on the longer ones because of the time it takes me to make a selection. However the problem is still there, for example, in the Auction House when I try to choose between male or female dragons or dragon age, etc. Same for the Scrying Workshop. Regardless of the menu type it doesn't seem to ever actually drop down the first time I tap it. (This is why I thought my touch screen was dying on my old phone.)

In answer to your last question, it for some reason seems to depend on how many times I've tried to access a menu. Though I haven't done any real timed tests. I will also note that the faster I scroll through a menu the more likely it is to boot me out.

I wish I could answer any of your other questions but I pretty much just use my phone's web browser for FR and Wordle. 0_o
Hadn't realized there was a bug report for this, thought it was my phone struggling for some reason. I've also been having this issue and can confirm it's every drop-down menu I've interacted with on the site. I've yet to interact with one that doesn't have the issue. Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ running chrome as well. Haven't tried with other browsers.

Hasn't been an issue on any other drop-down menus on other sites. The girlscout web pages I need to navigate are notorious for long drop-downs and I haven't had the force-closing issue. This might be because they take ages to load the page though so could be I'm just waiting out the period regardless.

I don't know if it's connected but usually the issue stops/tends to stop after the ads on the page load. If I try to open a menu right away it'll close but if I wait for the ads to finish loading it tends to work, not all the time though. I don't know if that's just an arbitrary connection because I wait long enough or something to look into. If you wait a bit after the force-close of the menu then it does resolve itself, but it's tedious and the time seems to vary
Hadn't realized there was a bug report for this, thought it was my phone struggling for some reason. I've also been having this issue and can confirm it's every drop-down menu I've interacted with on the site. I've yet to interact with one that doesn't have the issue. Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ running chrome as well. Haven't tried with other browsers.

Hasn't been an issue on any other drop-down menus on other sites. The girlscout web pages I need to navigate are notorious for long drop-downs and I haven't had the force-closing issue. This might be because they take ages to load the page though so could be I'm just waiting out the period regardless.

I don't know if it's connected but usually the issue stops/tends to stop after the ads on the page load. If I try to open a menu right away it'll close but if I wait for the ads to finish loading it tends to work, not all the time though. I don't know if that's just an arbitrary connection because I wait long enough or something to look into. If you wait a bit after the force-close of the menu then it does resolve itself, but it's tedious and the time seems to vary
vDH0pGc.png
@Clockworked you may be onto something with the ad load times...
@Clockworked you may be onto something with the ad load times...
Very interesting observation @Clockworked!

Since all the pages mentioned share ad logic, that would make sense. I'd be interested if others have the same results when waiting for the ads to finish loading.
Very interesting observation @Clockworked!

Since all the pages mentioned share ad logic, that would make sense. I'd be interested if others have the same results when waiting for the ads to finish loading.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
[quote name="Kaepora" date="2022-11-08 14:39:36" ] Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay? Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus. Has anyone using NON-Android hardware had this issue? Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps. For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up? [/quote] I experience this issue on Vivaldi on Ubuntu 22.04 occasionally. [list][*]It happens on every dropdown. [*]It happens on every site that uses dropdown menus. [*]Yes, as mentioned above. I actually haven't had it happen on Android. [*]N/A [*]Nothing happens.[/list] I've not noticed any kind of pattern to it. It's probably not related to ad loading in my particular case because I use uBlock. It happens completely randomly and is resolved by restarting the browser. I don't know if it's the same issue or a related browser problem.
Kaepora wrote on 2022-11-08 14:39:36:
Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay?
Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus.
Has anyone using NON-Android hardware had this issue?
Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps.
For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up?
I experience this issue on Vivaldi on Ubuntu 22.04 occasionally.
  • It happens on every dropdown.
  • It happens on every site that uses dropdown menus.
  • Yes, as mentioned above. I actually haven't had it happen on Android.
  • N/A
  • Nothing happens.

I've not noticed any kind of pattern to it. It's probably not related to ad loading in my particular case because I use uBlock. It happens completely randomly and is resolved by restarting the browser. I don't know if it's the same issue or a related browser problem.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No apology needed! These things happen and I'm glad we're able to take a look at it together! 1. I didn't find that the problem occurred when [s]selecting an item quantity in the Hoard[/s] or an item quantity when listing in the Auction House. But it might not happen every time so I might just be getting unlucky in trying it now I do find that the issue where I press the dropdown menus to expand it to look at it's options and it closes out immediately, followed by pressing it again and not getting the menu to expand until the second press, happens in the Breeding Grounds, Scrying Workshop, *Baldwin's when filtering item categories, *selecting from drop down menus in the Hoard, and the Dressing Rooms when choosing a mannequin. Any others I didn't mention, I just didn't think about trying at the time of writing this! 5. As far as I've noticed, it doesn't pop up on its own after the initial button press. If it helps, when I press the menu and it doesn't open, the menu box appears highlighted as if selected but it doesn't seem to respond! The box being highlighted is pictures below! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/420755864904007711/1039698209418788874/Screenshot_20221108-192751.png[/img] And I'm still using Chrome on a Pixel! EDIT: The ad loading theory sounds really interesting! If I happen to notice anything related, I'll be back to report it!
No apology needed! These things happen and I'm glad we're able to take a look at it together!

1. I didn't find that the problem occurred when selecting an item quantity in the Hoard or an item quantity when listing in the Auction House. But it might not happen every time so I might just be getting unlucky in trying it now
I do find that the issue where I press the dropdown menus to expand it to look at it's options and it closes out immediately, followed by pressing it again and not getting the menu to expand until the second press, happens in the Breeding Grounds, Scrying Workshop, *Baldwin's when filtering item categories, *selecting from drop down menus in the Hoard, and the Dressing Rooms when choosing a mannequin. Any others I didn't mention, I just didn't think about trying at the time of writing this!

5. As far as I've noticed, it doesn't pop up on its own after the initial button press. If it helps, when I press the menu and it doesn't open, the menu box appears highlighted as if selected but it doesn't seem to respond! The box being highlighted is pictures below!

Screenshot_20221108-192751.png

And I'm still using Chrome on a Pixel!

EDIT: The ad loading theory sounds really interesting! If I happen to notice anything related, I'll be back to report it!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Art Shop
Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
Yep, I see it a lot when trying to access things in my vault, like food drop down menu. It's so aggravating.

Chrome on a pixel phone. Happened before and after clearing cache, cookies and everything.
Yep, I see it a lot when trying to access things in my vault, like food drop down menu. It's so aggravating.

Chrome on a pixel phone. Happened before and after clearing cache, cookies and everything.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13