Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinions on genes changed over time?
1 2 3 4
IriShim was the most popular combo when I joined, owing to the small gene pool at the time. Nowadays I find it rather boring compared to the more creative, eye-catching patterns we have now.

I also used to really like Clown because of the dark face markings, but it's since been replaced thanks to newer genes that do the same thing.
IriShim was the most popular combo when I joined, owing to the small gene pool at the time. Nowadays I find it rather boring compared to the more creative, eye-catching patterns we have now.

I also used to really like Clown because of the dark face markings, but it's since been replaced thanks to newer genes that do the same thing.
2uq3ZkE.png
Used to be obsessed with pintrail! Less into it now. It's not the auto-love it used to be for me

Used to hate capsule!! But now I adore it!! Eventually I got over the weird 'ew where are their organs' and just started thinking of it as a weird visual effect on their stomachs/necks and it clicked better for me
Used to be obsessed with pintrail! Less into it now. It's not the auto-love it used to be for me

Used to hate capsule!! But now I adore it!! Eventually I got over the weird 'ew where are their organs' and just started thinking of it as a weird visual effect on their stomachs/necks and it clicked better for me
jIRALXN.pngNBJG3D5.gif
I used to never be able to find a use-case for Bar/Daub or Safari (have always enjoyed Savannah). They've all grown on me a bit ^-^

Unfortunately, it seems to have come at the expense of Cry/Face... It's fine, but I don't like it as much as newbie me did. Oh well...
I used to never be able to find a use-case for Bar/Daub or Safari (have always enjoyed Savannah). They've all grown on me a bit ^-^

Unfortunately, it seems to have come at the expense of Cry/Face... It's fine, but I don't like it as much as newbie me did. Oh well...
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

As older players, we’ve been around for more breed and gene releases. As new (and better, imo) genes come out, our tastes are bound to change.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
My tastes haven't changed too much since I first joined. I think the biggest difference is that I used to not be able to tolerate Basic genes on any dragons, but now I don't mind it at all, and I even prefer it at times. I also used to be in love with Jaguar, and probably the majority of the dragons in my lair had it in the past. I still like it, but I'm not quite as crazy about it as I used to be.
My tastes haven't changed too much since I first joined. I think the biggest difference is that I used to not be able to tolerate Basic genes on any dragons, but now I don't mind it at all, and I even prefer it at times. I also used to be in love with Jaguar, and probably the majority of the dragons in my lair had it in the past. I still like it, but I'm not quite as crazy about it as I used to be.
pFIAgVa.png
manatad | the emerald dove
FR+10
I’m the opposite, haha. I don’t think I’ve started hating any genes over time. In fact, I think I’ve definitely gained an appreciation for older genes. Even the more circumstantial ones have their place!
I’m the opposite, haha. I don’t think I’ve started hating any genes over time. In fact, I think I’ve definitely gained an appreciation for older genes. Even the more circumstantial ones have their place!
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
I used to love Star/Con and especially neutral Star/Con with contrasting Runes, but I feel like I've just gotten tired of them. Like for a while I had a bunch of breeding pairs like that, but I'm starting to pare down it partially for lair space and partially because my lair was starting to feel way too same-y. I did a similar thing with Circuit but I still like the vibes of it.

I'm really into Flaunt/Flair now but probably the same kind thing will happen. Maybe not because I'm doing much broader color ranges (I have a few Stock the Pond pairs with Flaunt/Flair/Sparkle)
I used to love Star/Con and especially neutral Star/Con with contrasting Runes, but I feel like I've just gotten tired of them. Like for a while I had a bunch of breeding pairs like that, but I'm starting to pare down it partially for lair space and partially because my lair was starting to feel way too same-y. I did a similar thing with Circuit but I still like the vibes of it.

I'm really into Flaunt/Flair now but probably the same kind thing will happen. Maybe not because I'm doing much broader color ranges (I have a few Stock the Pond pairs with Flaunt/Flair/Sparkle)
eq6zQ9M.png
qjxrAwx.png
mlHpBMC.png
Jd88XNq.png
5hF3FGk.png
nWiQNX9.png
51276738.png
I've gained appreciation for treasure genes. When I first joined, I was all about shiny gem genes (star/con/wasp/bee on everything). I still love them, but I try to avoid gem genes on scries, and it's expanded my repertoire a lot. Currently my go-to scries are fade/blend and noxtide if the accents look good, and python, falcon, and savannah if I just want the base color.
I've gained appreciation for treasure genes. When I first joined, I was all about shiny gem genes (star/con/wasp/bee on everything). I still love them, but I try to avoid gem genes on scries, and it's expanded my repertoire a lot. Currently my go-to scries are fade/blend and noxtide if the accents look good, and python, falcon, and savannah if I just want the base color.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I used to kinda hate runes, but now I'm planning on adding them to several of my dragons. I actually was planning to take runes off a few of my dragons, lol, but I'm glad I got around to liking them - saves me some treasure.

I used to like smoke a lot more than I do now.
I used to kinda hate runes, but now I'm planning on adding them to several of my dragons. I actually was planning to take runes off a few of my dragons, lol, but I'm glad I got around to liking them - saves me some treasure.

I used to like smoke a lot more than I do now.
hi ~
i used to be soooo into crystal/facet and starmap/constellation...i still like both genes but they need to be used more intentionally for me to get into them now

i also learned to enjoy just about every gene in the game...except hypnotic
i used to be soooo into crystal/facet and starmap/constellation...i still like both genes but they need to be used more intentionally for me to get into them now

i also learned to enjoy just about every gene in the game...except hypnotic
HbwSyQQ.png
1 2 3 4