Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Does someone ever block you randomly?
1 2
[quote name="Xela" date="2022-10-26 05:42:53" ] It happens sometimes. Getting randomly blocked when you don't deserve it and by someone you've never interacted with before is sadly a very common thing on sites with social features. [/quote] Placing a value judgement on blocking is a bad idea for your happiness, and often irrelevant to the actual block. The only 'deserve' in all this is that users deserve to be able to curate their own experience of FR. A block does not mean 'you are a bad person'. It means 'something about your presence or actions on FR is something I don't want to interact with'. It's about the blocker, not the blocked. Sometimes it's starving fodder. Sometimes it's 'while I have no issue with your opinions, I find the way you interact with the forums stressful to read'. Sometimes it's having an icon with jaguar.
Xela wrote on 2022-10-26 05:42:53:
It happens sometimes.

Getting randomly blocked when you don't deserve it and by someone you've never interacted with before is sadly a very common thing on sites with social features.

Placing a value judgement on blocking is a bad idea for your happiness, and often irrelevant to the actual block.

The only 'deserve' in all this is that users deserve to be able to curate their own experience of FR. A block does not mean 'you are a bad person'. It means 'something about your presence or actions on FR is something I don't want to interact with'. It's about the blocker, not the blocked.

Sometimes it's starving fodder. Sometimes it's 'while I have no issue with your opinions, I find the way you interact with the forums stressful to read'. Sometimes it's having an icon with jaguar.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I've blocked people by accident because mobile life. Usually i dont even realize it until i see the 'blocked player' post. could be one of the reasons and also what others said!
I've blocked people by accident because mobile life. Usually i dont even realize it until i see the 'blocked player' post. could be one of the reasons and also what others said!
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
Many people, especially on FR, block liberally.
Don't take it to heart. I block people over minor inconveniences all the time, and people do that to me, too.

Best thing to do is to just go "huh", maybe block back, and move on with your day. Nothing to stress over.
Many people, especially on FR, block liberally.
Don't take it to heart. I block people over minor inconveniences all the time, and people do that to me, too.

Best thing to do is to just go "huh", maybe block back, and move on with your day. Nothing to stress over.
xOuzD3k.png 90444046.png Bj9vK4V.gif
Hello all. This thread is now locked, as posting about being blocked falls under our rules about [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005879886#h_01G4G1PZ1HS3DECE2TDX1SZAP6]call-outs[/url][/b]: [quote][b][u]Call-outs[/u][/b] [b]Threads designed to draw attention to a specific player, group of players, or staff are considered “call-out” threads.[/b] Regardless of the original poster’s intent, threads inviting discussion about others can quickly devolve into harassment campaigns and even well-intentioned threads can lead to this behavior. This also includes “vague” posts where a specific player is not named but the interaction with them is described for discussion with others, such as a trade o[b]r discovering the other player has blocked them[/b].[/quote] The block feature is a feature that's working as intended. Players are not required to interact with a specific individual and, as noted in this thread, there can be a variety of reasons for a block. Thank you!
Hello all. This thread is now locked, as posting about being blocked falls under our rules about call-outs:
Quote:
Call-outs

Threads designed to draw attention to a specific player, group of players, or staff are considered “call-out” threads.

Regardless of the original poster’s intent, threads inviting discussion about others can quickly devolve into harassment campaigns and even well-intentioned threads can lead to this behavior.

This also includes “vague” posts where a specific player is not named but the interaction with them is described for discussion with others, such as a trade or discovering the other player has blocked them.

The block feature is a feature that's working as intended. Players are not required to interact with a specific individual and, as noted in this thread, there can be a variety of reasons for a block. Thank you!
1 2