Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Mage equivalent eliminate!
Just what the title says! I want some strong stones for mages that can keep up with eliminate! This could be a straight up copy paste eliminate only with intelligence. This also could be an AOE with nice damage. You also could do strong elemental moves as well! This will really help encourage other builds in the coli and spice up PVP!
Just what the title says! I want some strong stones for mages that can keep up with eliminate! This could be a straight up copy paste eliminate only with intelligence. This also could be an AOE with nice damage. You also could do strong elemental moves as well! This will really help encourage other builds in the coli and spice up PVP!
9BcJXjq.png
SUPOOORTTT!!! This would make mage builds much more viable!!
SUPOOORTTT!!! This would make mage builds much more viable!!
both_of_them_4.png
As far as I can tell the coli was design for, mages are there for CC effects. Physical damage dealers don't have any disabling effects accessible to them, which mages do. That's why there's no magic eliminate. I could see an argument for an AoE spell that deals Scratch-level damage to all enemies
As far as I can tell the coli was design for, mages are there for CC effects. Physical damage dealers don't have any disabling effects accessible to them, which mages do. That's why there's no magic eliminate. I could see an argument for an AoE spell that deals Scratch-level damage to all enemies
sBdLZtA.png
there are some balance issues with this that might need to be addressed if it was going to be a true magic eliminate:

1. mages can build breath for elim within 2 turns, but don't suffer from the strength debuff meditate applies. physical meditate users have to wait 4 turns to be able to use eliminate. this was likely intended as a balance measure, or the debuff wouldn't exist in the first place. so the breath cost of magic elim would either need to be higher or the meditate debuff would need to be changed to affect int as well.

2. healing and magic damage come off the same stat. a dragon who is statted into physical damage for eliminate trades off their ability to self-heal outside of sap. is the small amount of damage sap does an equivalent tradeoff for an eliminate user to be able to restore their health nearly to full in one turn? when factoring in meditate, an INT statted dragon only needs 2 turns to recover from hitting 'aid,' whereas a STR statted dragon needs 3 turns to recover from hitting 'sap.' the dragon hitting 'aid' is going to recover nearly all of their health with most common builds, whereas the dragon hitting 'sap' will only gain a substantial amount of health if they crit--and it still won't be as much as the mage.

i would 100% be down for an AoE attack that hits on par with scratch, though. that would make fest grinding much easier and give mages another level of usefulness in level 25 zones while the melee dragons build breath.

there are some balance issues with this that might need to be addressed if it was going to be a true magic eliminate:

1. mages can build breath for elim within 2 turns, but don't suffer from the strength debuff meditate applies. physical meditate users have to wait 4 turns to be able to use eliminate. this was likely intended as a balance measure, or the debuff wouldn't exist in the first place. so the breath cost of magic elim would either need to be higher or the meditate debuff would need to be changed to affect int as well.

2. healing and magic damage come off the same stat. a dragon who is statted into physical damage for eliminate trades off their ability to self-heal outside of sap. is the small amount of damage sap does an equivalent tradeoff for an eliminate user to be able to restore their health nearly to full in one turn? when factoring in meditate, an INT statted dragon only needs 2 turns to recover from hitting 'aid,' whereas a STR statted dragon needs 3 turns to recover from hitting 'sap.' the dragon hitting 'aid' is going to recover nearly all of their health with most common builds, whereas the dragon hitting 'sap' will only gain a substantial amount of health if they crit--and it still won't be as much as the mage.

i would 100% be down for an AoE attack that hits on par with scratch, though. that would make fest grinding much easier and give mages another level of usefulness in level 25 zones while the melee dragons build breath.

I would like a magical version of Eliminate because in the lore that's in my head, some of my dragons are mages and it doesn't make sense for them to be high STR and low INT, the same way most nerds aren't jocks. It would be a nice way to change things up without affecting people who use glass cannons for farming/leveling.
I would like a magical version of Eliminate because in the lore that's in my head, some of my dragons are mages and it doesn't make sense for them to be high STR and low INT, the same way most nerds aren't jocks. It would be a nice way to change things up without affecting people who use glass cannons for farming/leveling.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Support! I train a mage and Elim derg simultaneously and when they reach 25 the mages are pretty much useless after. It would be nice to have a stone that make them more useful!
Support! I train a mage and Elim derg simultaneously and when they reach 25 the mages are pretty much useless after. It would be nice to have a stone that make them more useful!
FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.png
[quote name="cantrip" date="2022-10-24 16:35:49" ] there are some balance issues with this that might need to be addressed if it was going to be a true magic eliminate: 1. mages can build breath for elim within 2 turns, but don't suffer from the strength debuff meditate applies. physical meditate users have to wait 4 turns to be able to use eliminate. this was likely intended as a balance measure, or the debuff wouldn't exist in the first place. so the breath cost of magic elim would either need to be higher or the meditate debuff would need to be changed to affect int as well. 2. healing and magic damage come off the same stat. a dragon who is statted into physical damage for eliminate trades off their ability to self-heal outside of sap. is the small amount of damage sap does an equivalent tradeoff for an eliminate user to be able to restore their health nearly to full in one turn? when factoring in meditate, an INT statted dragon only needs 2 turns to recover from hitting 'aid,' whereas a STR statted dragon needs 3 turns to recover from hitting 'sap.' the dragon hitting 'aid' is going to recover nearly all of their health with most common builds, whereas the dragon hitting 'sap' will only gain a substantial amount of health if they crit--and it still won't be as much as the mage. i would 100% be down for an AoE attack that hits on par with scratch, though. that would make fest grinding much easier and give mages another level of usefulness in level 25 zones while the melee dragons build breath. [/quote] These are my worries; a mage Eliminate would actually be [i]more[/i] OP than Eliminate itself, and making it more like Eliminate would break mages in their [i]intended[/i] capacity entirely by debuffing Meditate. Not that it couldn't be done, but it couldn't look like an exact carbon copy of Eliminate without breaking Coli even more in favor of a single build, just in a different direction. It would definitely require some serious balancing and playtesting.
cantrip wrote on 2022-10-24 16:35:49:

These are my worries; a mage Eliminate would actually be more OP than Eliminate itself, and making it more like Eliminate would break mages in their intended capacity entirely by debuffing Meditate. Not that it couldn't be done, but it couldn't look like an exact carbon copy of Eliminate without breaking Coli even more in favor of a single build, just in a different direction. It would definitely require some serious balancing and playtesting.
Yes please. If not this, something else that lets mages keep up.

But let's be honest: It's this. Eliminate breaks the game so bad. So... bad. And they will never, ever give mages something that broken "because balance".

So just give them Eliminate.

I'm happier with mages being carbon copies of physical attackers than with mages just being worthless.
Yes please. If not this, something else that lets mages keep up.

But let's be honest: It's this. Eliminate breaks the game so bad. So... bad. And they will never, ever give mages something that broken "because balance".

So just give them Eliminate.

I'm happier with mages being carbon copies of physical attackers than with mages just being worthless.
86cgLtF.png
i feel like a high damage attack that doesnt refund breath would be more balanced than an easier eliminate. itd be the elementless attack they dont have, and wouldnt render contuse nor elim useless.
i feel like a high damage attack that doesnt refund breath would be more balanced than an easier eliminate. itd be the elementless attack they dont have, and wouldnt render contuse nor elim useless.
To quote myself from another thread.. [quote]Meditate could be changed to "reduces damage dealt by 75% for two turns" removing the "physical", that would sort that issue out for a magical eliminate.[/quote] Anyway, here's the thread: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3172669 It had some pretty good stuff in it.
To quote myself from another thread..
Quote:
Meditate could be changed to "reduces damage dealt by 75% for two turns" removing the "physical", that would sort that issue out for a magical eliminate.

Anyway, here's the thread: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3172669

It had some pretty good stuff in it.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png