Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why are some users not nice to the devs?
1 2 3
The artists and developers behind this game try their best to put on a project *for free* for a vast community of users. A game team's decisions will never make everybody happy, but it just breaks my heart to see people commenting language such as "trash", "garbage", "I really hate this", etc on dev's posts and suggestion posts about art updates.

Can you have a bit of sympathy? They are really trying their best to provide for their user base. You can tell by their posts that they do care and they are trying. That they listen to feedback, and they have their reasons for everything. Imagine if you were a dev behind a game, you put all of this effort in, and then some regular user of the game comes into the post and calls the art or feature that you made in good faith "trash".

This by no means bars constructive criticism. The team actively encourages it through the forums and the Support feature. But constructive is the key. You can say "I don't like this," "here's how this can be better," or even nothing at all. But why use your keystrokes on saying something downright mean?
The artists and developers behind this game try their best to put on a project *for free* for a vast community of users. A game team's decisions will never make everybody happy, but it just breaks my heart to see people commenting language such as "trash", "garbage", "I really hate this", etc on dev's posts and suggestion posts about art updates.

Can you have a bit of sympathy? They are really trying their best to provide for their user base. You can tell by their posts that they do care and they are trying. That they listen to feedback, and they have their reasons for everything. Imagine if you were a dev behind a game, you put all of this effort in, and then some regular user of the game comes into the post and calls the art or feature that you made in good faith "trash".

This by no means bars constructive criticism. The team actively encourages it through the forums and the Support feature. But constructive is the key. You can say "I don't like this," "here's how this can be better," or even nothing at all. But why use your keystrokes on saying something downright mean?
i think abt this a lot. i dont think the devs have done anything to deserve this
i think abt this a lot. i dont think the devs have done anything to deserve this
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
people are jerks, that's all there is to it. you cant really stop an angry player from shouting and screaming at a dev, all you can do is ignore it and listen to people with actual feedback.
people are jerks, that's all there is to it. you cant really stop an angry player from shouting and screaming at a dev, all you can do is ignore it and listen to people with actual feedback.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
I'm glad other people agree... I don't love every feature on the site, but the game wasn't made for me alone. They're trying to create something for many, many people.
I'm glad other people agree... I don't love every feature on the site, but the game wasn't made for me alone. They're trying to create something for many, many people.
yeah, no one's perfect, especially not game devs, and compared to the devs on similar sites that I've been on, they're angles. they can still be criticized of corpse, and they lisean pretty well, again, compared to a lot of devs.
yeah, no one's perfect, especially not game devs, and compared to the devs on similar sites that I've been on, they're angles. they can still be criticized of corpse, and they lisean pretty well, again, compared to a lot of devs.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
yeah, the sense of anonymity on the internet can do really bad things to people. I'd like to think most people grow out of it, but there is also an endless supply of young people who have to learn that lesson too. Honestly I very liberally block anyone who says something unnecessarily mean ^^;
yeah, the sense of anonymity on the internet can do really bad things to people. I'd like to think most people grow out of it, but there is also an endless supply of young people who have to learn that lesson too. Honestly I very liberally block anyone who says something unnecessarily mean ^^;
eP65k0J.png
I somehow doubt that the folks who need to hear this will listen.

My advice is to block or ignore behavior you don't like. Call out posts, even when not targeting specific individuals, don't really achieve much.
I somehow doubt that the folks who need to hear this will listen.

My advice is to block or ignore behavior you don't like. Call out posts, even when not targeting specific individuals, don't really achieve much.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Honestly I think slot of them are children. Reme er this site is 13+ and 13 year olds have little self control and little understanding of consequences. I have my problems with how staff does things (eyepocolypse anyone?) But the weird one word responses to updates are pretty immature.
Honestly I think slot of them are children. Reme er this site is 13+ and 13 year olds have little self control and little understanding of consequences. I have my problems with how staff does things (eyepocolypse anyone?) But the weird one word responses to updates are pretty immature.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I'll be honest as a neopets enjoyer I sometimes get really really confused when people talk about the flight rising devs like they are the worst devs ever who never listen.
I'll be honest as a neopets enjoyer I sometimes get really really confused when people talk about the flight rising devs like they are the worst devs ever who never listen.
ryE2w5W.png

Beau
Any/all
2D/3D artist and animator
about

0K30XFq.png

[quote name="Forward" date="2022-10-12 10:46:18" ] I'll be honest as a neopets enjoyer I sometimes get really really confused when people talk about the flight rising devs like they are the worst devs ever who never listen. [/quote] Yeah, this. There's a reason I left Neopets. (actually several)
Forward wrote on 2022-10-12 10:46:18:

Yeah, this. There's a reason I left Neopets. (actually several)
SbF7KkK.pnga5jtoDO.png AztXDsT.pngplague_banner.png
1 2 3