Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auction House Relist All
1 2
As a suggestion:

In the Auction House when you have auctions that expire, having an option to relist all items for sale exactly as they were before. This would be particularly useful if someone had several hundred items that all expired around the same time. They could relist those items in one click rather than doing it individually.

Thank you!
As a suggestion:

In the Auction House when you have auctions that expire, having an option to relist all items for sale exactly as they were before. This would be particularly useful if someone had several hundred items that all expired around the same time. They could relist those items in one click rather than doing it individually.

Thank you!
~LindseyByrd
On the Subject of Griffons
So, if I have 6500 auctions, I can just go and lag the site for everyone by relisting them all at once?
So, if I have 6500 auctions, I can just go and lag the site for everyone by relisting them all at once?
It's a suggestion. There's no need to be sarcastic.

And yes, I do think that it should be a good function. Because otherwise it takes the standard player hours to relist those 6500 items. There's already a function to "clear all". "Relist all" would serve the same function in the inverse. If there are lagging concerns, that' something the flight rising staff can investigate when looking into the possibility. But for standard user performance I think it would be a useful feature to have.

And yes, I do think that it should be a good function. Because otherwise it takes the standard player hours to relist those 6500 items. There's already a function to "clear all". "Relist all" would serve the same function in the inverse. If there are lagging concerns, that' something the flight rising staff can investigate when looking into the possibility. But for standard user performance I think it would be a useful feature to have.
~LindseyByrd
[quote name="LindseyByrd" date="2022-10-09 06:03:19" ] It's a suggestion. There's no need to be sarcastic. And yes, I do think that it should be a good function. Because otherwise it takes the standard player hours to relist those 6500 items. There's already a function to "clear all". "Relist all" would serve the same function in the inverse. If there are lagging concerns, that' something the flight rising staff can investigate when looking into the possibility. But for standard user performance I think it would be a useful feature to have. [/quote] Exactly - hourse. Thus they force you invest efford and reloads in site or decrise your price to sell it already and not relist.
LindseyByrd wrote on 2022-10-09 06:03:19:

Exactly - hourse. Thus they force you invest efford and reloads in site or decrise your price to sell it already and not relist.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
This is something that has been brought up many times before. No support - it would very quickly lead toa stagnant auction house. On lag I believe staff have stated that the lag would be considerable - clear all is eliminating information, not creating or renewing it, so it is quite a differnt mechanism.

Separately I regularly relist hundreds of items and it takes me barely any time - I can do a whole page of 50 in less than a minute so this is barely even needed. Just hold down the enter key and keep tapping relist
This is something that has been brought up many times before. No support - it would very quickly lead toa stagnant auction house. On lag I believe staff have stated that the lag would be considerable - clear all is eliminating information, not creating or renewing it, so it is quite a differnt mechanism.

Separately I regularly relist hundreds of items and it takes me barely any time - I can do a whole page of 50 in less than a minute so this is barely even needed. Just hold down the enter key and keep tapping relist
[quote name="aesthilia" date="2022-10-09 07:05:42" ] This is something that has been brought up many times before. No support - it would very quickly lead toa stagnant auction house. On lag I believe staff have stated that the lag would be considerable - clear all is eliminating information, not creating or renewing it, so it is quite a differnt mechanism. Separately I regularly relist hundreds of items and it takes me barely any time - I can do a whole page of 50 in less than a minute so this is barely even needed. Just hold down the enter key and keep tapping relist [/quote] Thank you for the hint, that did make things less cumbersome today when I relisted, but I do have to wonder if it really does make it lag more to have a hundreds of individual inquiries for updates go through rather than just one. Either way, I'm grateful for this advice re: enter + click
aesthilia wrote on 2022-10-09 07:05:42:

Thank you for the hint, that did make things less cumbersome today when I relisted, but I do have to wonder if it really does make it lag more to have a hundreds of individual inquiries for updates go through rather than just one. Either way, I'm grateful for this advice re: enter + click
~LindseyByrd
[quote name="LindseyByrd" date="2022-10-09 09:48:23" ] [quote name="aesthilia" date="2022-10-09 07:05:42" ] This is something that has been brought up many times before. No support - it would very quickly lead toa stagnant auction house. On lag I believe staff have stated that the lag would be considerable - clear all is eliminating information, not creating or renewing it, so it is quite a differnt mechanism. Separately I regularly relist hundreds of items and it takes me barely any time - I can do a whole page of 50 in less than a minute so this is barely even needed. Just hold down the enter key and keep tapping relist [/quote] Thank you for the hint, that did make things less cumbersome today when I relisted, but I do have to wonder if it really does make it lag more to have a hundreds of individual inquiries for updates go through rather than just one. Either way, I'm grateful for this advice re: enter + click [/quote] It does, actually. I only know this because of some other sites I've played on over the years. Individual queries still have a delay of sorts, which gives the system time. One massive query has to deal with it all at once, which means that it has to look at several things very rapidly. It's why, if you have a slow internet speed, things tend to load one at a time rather than all at once. Instead of looking at everything in one go and trying to load each a small percentage a minute, it's easier to look at one thing, finish it, and go onto the next. Especially when some smaller things are less taxing when loaded on their own: you get faster access. Edit: Autocorrect making my words change. Rude. Also, want to clarify that I'm not saying internet loads things one at a time. Just an example of how loading everything at once affects things.
LindseyByrd wrote on 2022-10-09 09:48:23:
aesthilia wrote on 2022-10-09 07:05:42:

Thank you for the hint, that did make things less cumbersome today when I relisted, but I do have to wonder if it really does make it lag more to have a hundreds of individual inquiries for updates go through rather than just one. Either way, I'm grateful for this advice re: enter + click

It does, actually. I only know this because of some other sites I've played on over the years. Individual queries still have a delay of sorts, which gives the system time. One massive query has to deal with it all at once, which means that it has to look at several things very rapidly. It's why, if you have a slow internet speed, things tend to load one at a time rather than all at once. Instead of looking at everything in one go and trying to load each a small percentage a minute, it's easier to look at one thing, finish it, and go onto the next. Especially when some smaller things are less taxing when loaded on their own: you get faster access.

Edit:
Autocorrect making my words change. Rude.

Also, want to clarify that I'm not saying internet loads things one at a time. Just an example of how loading everything at once affects things.
As much as I'd love that feature, devs have said before it would lag the site. So, unfortunately, no support.
As much as I'd love that feature, devs have said before it would lag the site. So, unfortunately, no support.
FObX7rS.png rix3ppo.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.png
I'm in the no support camp even if the lag isn't site crashing, because users should have to relist them manually. The annoyance acts as an incentive for action. If the auctions aren't selling there's a reason for that and it'll encourage people to either change the price to get it to sell, or if they aren't willing to lower the price, to stop listing it. This goes for me as well. I will relist things manually if I feel they have a chance of selling or modify the price. And if I can't be bothered, I pull the listing. That's the way it should work.

Being able to constantly relist things means that a lot of people would be relisting items en masse because it's easier but that would clog up the AH with things that aren't selling. AH prices should fluctuate and not become stagnant.
I'm in the no support camp even if the lag isn't site crashing, because users should have to relist them manually. The annoyance acts as an incentive for action. If the auctions aren't selling there's a reason for that and it'll encourage people to either change the price to get it to sell, or if they aren't willing to lower the price, to stop listing it. This goes for me as well. I will relist things manually if I feel they have a chance of selling or modify the price. And if I can't be bothered, I pull the listing. That's the way it should work.

Being able to constantly relist things means that a lot of people would be relisting items en masse because it's easier but that would clog up the AH with things that aren't selling. AH prices should fluctuate and not become stagnant.
Ribbon1.pngRibbon2.pngRibbon3.png
While mass relists are bad for the player as well as the site - for anything except dragons, if it didn't sell the first time it's highly unlikely that it'll sell on the relist - a compromise brought up on a lot of the previous Relist All threads is a relist page.
While mass relists are bad for the player as well as the site - for anything except dragons, if it didn't sell the first time it's highly unlikely that it'll sell on the relist - a compromise brought up on a lot of the previous Relist All threads is a relist page.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2