Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring back the birthday :(
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
support! having it be on a toggle would be nice.
support! having it be on a toggle would be nice.
...................................HslJD2N.png
...................................JvUa9ma.png
...................................FObX7rS.png
ede56a3e20547c165fa512c47d2e5b0326aabe8a.gif
........f617b71e2b879364b6c3643b3787fa1efb80f1b3.gif
loimysO.png.
fkWjutW.png.
UU9vIu2.png
Yes, please! Full support; it made it so much easier to check on your friends for their birthday if you weren’t sure, and send them gifts! ^^
Yes, please! Full support; it made it so much easier to check on your friends for their birthday if you weren’t sure, and send them gifts! ^^
AUOAU8y.png

A0gxC35.png
People could just post this in their profile blurb if they want to share it though? I can totally see why the website removed it, to discourage sharing personal information.
People could just post this in their profile blurb if they want to share it though? I can totally see why the website removed it, to discourage sharing personal information.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
No support.

I've worked for a few companies that used birthdates are verifying information - one of them a bank. It was a little less secure, and they didn't encourage we use birthdates as our first resort, but it's still considered PII - personal identifiable information, right up there with your home address, your social security number, etc. With a number of people disclosing their age as well as the birthday being displayed, it's easy to get the full birthdate from them.

Disclosing this information should be a conscious decision made by us, not one made for us by a website. If you want your birthday displayed, it's easy enough to display it on our clan profile. Or as @/Twizz said a few pages back, it shouldn't be visible by default, and that you must opt in to have your birthday officially displayed.
No support.

I've worked for a few companies that used birthdates are verifying information - one of them a bank. It was a little less secure, and they didn't encourage we use birthdates as our first resort, but it's still considered PII - personal identifiable information, right up there with your home address, your social security number, etc. With a number of people disclosing their age as well as the birthday being displayed, it's easy to get the full birthdate from them.

Disclosing this information should be a conscious decision made by us, not one made for us by a website. If you want your birthday displayed, it's easy enough to display it on our clan profile. Or as @/Twizz said a few pages back, it shouldn't be visible by default, and that you must opt in to have your birthday officially displayed.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
support, but with a toggle for people who'd prefer not to have that info public (which I'm pretty sure was how it was prior?)
support, but with a toggle for people who'd prefer not to have that info public (which I'm pretty sure was how it was prior?)
they/them
support! the people who want to protect their privacy have always had the option to turn it off so i'm sad it's gone entirely. plsu it was only the day and month anyways, so your age is still unknown unless you say it yourself.
support! the people who want to protect their privacy have always had the option to turn it off so i'm sad it's gone entirely. plsu it was only the day and month anyways, so your age is still unknown unless you say it yourself.
SQVdsFh.png YUzmw5z.png
noHmDvU.png
5hF3FGk.png
tMJCj6N.png
dT9HQge.png
Support, its always been there! Why remove it now?
Support, its always been there! Why remove it now?
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
support :)
support :)
__
ToxrvHn.gif
_
S T A R S T A L K E R
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm a hot mess, but I'm doing my best
FRT +3

___
Earth Dom Shop
Leveling & Grinding
Mat Magicians
__
Boarders Needed
Nests Wanted + Raffles
Personal Project Tracker
There is a toggle. You can choose to have it in your clan bio, or not.
There is a toggle. You can choose to have it in your clan bio, or not.
m87ieVe.png
i support this! i don't get why they removed it, it was never mandatory to begin with.

i would also love it if showing your birthday had a separate toggle from your online status. i know that before the refactor they were the same thing but while i'm fine with sharing my birthday, i don't like sharing my online status and i'm sure there are people who feel the opposite way too.
i support this! i don't get why they removed it, it was never mandatory to begin with.

i would also love it if showing your birthday had a separate toggle from your online status. i know that before the refactor they were the same thing but while i'm fine with sharing my birthday, i don't like sharing my online status and i'm sure there are people who feel the opposite way too.
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11