Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 560 561 562 563 564 ... 648 649
@Brokenwing

Correct! And that's why we also have Sapphic for fem-aligned for fem-aligned, alongside lesbian.

I was wondering what is the masculine counterpart, since my sister and I were discussing the various terms used (ex: Vincian, Achilliean (though that's more equivalent to Sapphic), Turian), and wouldn't it be more accurate to be a location.
@Brokenwing

Correct! And that's why we also have Sapphic for fem-aligned for fem-aligned, alongside lesbian.

I was wondering what is the masculine counterpart, since my sister and I were discussing the various terms used (ex: Vincian, Achilliean (though that's more equivalent to Sapphic), Turian), and wouldn't it be more accurate to be a location.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@Requacy Ah, the wording of your question confused me.

I just call myself queer. XD
@Requacy Ah, the wording of your question confused me.

I just call myself queer. XD
Remi
He/Him
@Brokenwing

No worries! I worded it pretty badly, since I was struggling to describe it, so that's on me. As an aroace and queer, I feel you on that ^^'
@Brokenwing

No worries! I worded it pretty badly, since I was struggling to describe it, so that's on me. As an aroace and queer, I feel you on that ^^'
[quote name="Requacy" date="2022-10-04 09:29:03" ] [font=American Gothic][size=4]Summoning the LGTBQ+ community of FR to ask a dire question. If a transbian in a trans lesbian.... what's a trans mlm? [emoji=aberration confused size=1] And, if a lesbian is from Lesbos, should it be a denizen of a location? So.... where would they come from? [/quote] I think I've seen transcian, as in trans vincian, before, but hm and that's a good point! the only other mlm etc term i've seen coming from a location is floric [exclusively non-women loving non-women] which comes from florence, the birthplace of leonardo da vinci [whom vincian comes from]
Requacy wrote on 2022-10-04 09:29:03:
Summoning the LGTBQ+ community of FR to ask a dire question.

If a transbian in a trans lesbian.... what's a trans mlm?

And, if a lesbian is from Lesbos, should it be a denizen of a location? So.... where would they come from?

I think I've seen transcian, as in trans vincian, before, but hm

and that's a good point! the only other mlm etc term i've seen coming from a location is floric [exclusively non-women loving non-women] which comes from florence, the birthplace of leonardo da vinci [whom vincian comes from]
Haunted Stone Orb Magic Nymph

fiz/arlo/callisto
ask for pronouns!
fr+2
Pink Chalcedony Enchanted Remains
[quote name="brambee" date="2022-10-04 10:31:37" ] [quote name="Requacy" date="2022-10-04 09:29:03" ] [font=American Gothic][size=4]Summoning the LGTBQ+ community of FR to ask a dire question. If a transbian in a trans lesbian.... what's a trans mlm? [emoji=aberration confused size=1] And, if a lesbian is from Lesbos, should it be a denizen of a location? So.... where would they come from? [/quote] I think I've seen transcian, as in trans vincian, before, but hm and that's a good point! the only other mlm etc term i've seen coming from a location is floric [exclusively non-women loving non-women] which comes from florence, the birthplace of leonardo da vinci [whom vincian comes from] [/quote] [center][font=Georgia]I've seen the word "Achillean" used more than anything else for this.[/font][/center]
brambee wrote on 2022-10-04 10:31:37:
Requacy wrote on 2022-10-04 09:29:03:
Summoning the LGTBQ+ community of FR to ask a dire question.

If a transbian in a trans lesbian.... what's a trans mlm?

And, if a lesbian is from Lesbos, should it be a denizen of a location? So.... where would they come from?

I think I've seen transcian, as in trans vincian, before, but hm

and that's a good point! the only other mlm etc term i've seen coming from a location is floric [exclusively non-women loving non-women] which comes from florence, the birthplace of leonardo da vinci [whom vincian comes from]
I've seen the word "Achillean" used more than anything else for this.
How does it feel? Do you remember?
The first time, you said it was like you were outside yourself.
Like time itself had bent its knee, waiting for you to decide.
@brambee @domination

Thanks for the replies! I haven't heard Floric before, so thanks for introducing me to that. I've heard someone describe them as Trachillean before, but I must admit, my brain hasn't stopped thinking about the counterpart would be Trapphic, pronouncing traffic. The Trapphic jam...

Anyways, in my discussion with my sister, we guessed that the direct masculine counterpart to lesbian (taken from Lesbos and Sappho of Lesbos) would Phthian, but I don't think I've ever seen it used, much less coined, so the closest equivalents would be Vincian, Floric, or Achillean, with Floric closest to the concept of being named after a location.

Also a tangent from that discussion: Ants are ace-coded and I refuse to stand down from this unnecessary opinion.
@brambee @domination

Thanks for the replies! I haven't heard Floric before, so thanks for introducing me to that. I've heard someone describe them as Trachillean before, but I must admit, my brain hasn't stopped thinking about the counterpart would be Trapphic, pronouncing traffic. The Trapphic jam...

Anyways, in my discussion with my sister, we guessed that the direct masculine counterpart to lesbian (taken from Lesbos and Sappho of Lesbos) would Phthian, but I don't think I've ever seen it used, much less coined, so the closest equivalents would be Vincian, Floric, or Achillean, with Floric closest to the concept of being named after a location.

Also a tangent from that discussion: Ants are ace-coded and I refuse to stand down from this unnecessary opinion.
i'm still not sure if i consider myself bisexual or not. i'm a girl and i did have a crush on this other girl i was friends with for 2 years. that was like my only girl crush. most of the time i find men attractive, rarely women. so i don't know..
i'm still not sure if i consider myself bisexual or not. i'm a girl and i did have a crush on this other girl i was friends with for 2 years. that was like my only girl crush. most of the time i find men attractive, rarely women. so i don't know..
don't click on this dragon--> 80511390.png
hi !
i'm bisexual and i have a lot of fun/interesting stories abt LGTBQ+ stuff since i'm the pride club president on my college campus :)

currently we're planning a second chance prom ! it's basically for anyone who didn't get to go to prom with their partner or as who they are now, they get a second chance at prom !!

we're also currently planning a sex ed lecture to teach queer and straight sex ed to college students who didn't get it in high school. but yeah ! just wanted to share some upcoming plans from my club since i'm excited and all ^^
hi !
i'm bisexual and i have a lot of fun/interesting stories abt LGTBQ+ stuff since i'm the pride club president on my college campus :)

currently we're planning a second chance prom ! it's basically for anyone who didn't get to go to prom with their partner or as who they are now, they get a second chance at prom !!

we're also currently planning a sex ed lecture to teach queer and straight sex ed to college students who didn't get it in high school. but yeah ! just wanted to share some upcoming plans from my club since i'm excited and all ^^
@regression

heyo! Someone who has identified with a sapphic label for over 4 years here!

The best thing to ask yourself when questioning whether you are attracted to women is would you be happy with a woman? Can you see yourself with a woman in the future? Can you imagine marrying a woman, and if so, does it make you feel happy?

I personally struggled to see myself with a man, and it was almost like a ghost whenever i tried to imagine it. Being with women felt so freeing to me, it was incredible.

hope this can help you! <3
@regression

heyo! Someone who has identified with a sapphic label for over 4 years here!

The best thing to ask yourself when questioning whether you are attracted to women is would you be happy with a woman? Can you see yourself with a woman in the future? Can you imagine marrying a woman, and if so, does it make you feel happy?

I personally struggled to see myself with a man, and it was almost like a ghost whenever i tried to imagine it. Being with women felt so freeing to me, it was incredible.

hope this can help you! <3

dFnwkLI.png
HkhtXgT.png
tNgQJvM.png

7A7cEAI.png
FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
O9f7K2d.png Slow replies! Pls be patient!
Wearing my Love Wins t-shirt today. I was amused by the fact that my homophobic parents didn't know the reference and just thought I was going for a 60s vibe.
Wearing my Love Wins t-shirt today. I was amused by the fact that my homophobic parents didn't know the reference and just thought I was going for a 60s vibe.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
1 2 ... 560 561 562 563 564 ... 648 649