Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clan Profile Refactor
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47 48
I'm loving the new profile look
I'm loving the new profile look
2971517.png
I'm afraid I have to echo some other users again. I'm glad that this daunting part of the project is finished but I agree that things still need tweaking. It does feel a little busy to me as well but I can't put my finger on why.

One thing that I will find particularly hard to adjust to is having only 3 options under Recent Forum Posts. Like a few people here have said already I also use those links all the time, and it does seem a little odd to restrict it when there's so much unused space on the right side.

Some adjustments to the profile comments would be very appreciated. They looked pretty jammed together right now, and despite that they are the reason why we all have a long scroll on this page. Changing how many are visible is a great place to start. I know there are many people who use profile comments like PMs (which was I'm sure not their intended purpose), but for the rest of us who don't use them as our prime communicators there are stale posts from months ago- or in my case almost a year- that don't need to be sitting there taking up real estate. It might even be a little better if they were expanded to take up that blank right side. Not that it would reduce the scrolling by much though. I would also really appreciate a button size change on the comments as well. I've already nearly reported 3 people this morning on mobile.

And while I like seeing our forum vista on our profile now that box feels like it could have some better space management done. The blank nothingness where the vista ends is a little jarring depending on which vista someone has on, and those buttons that are in that space could easily go in the void under the ID and date where nothing is sitting.

Also, was the comments box always that big? It seems massive now but perhaps it's the new formatting at work there.

I hope some of these have already been thought of since this whole process was essentially just switching coding bases, but I hope too that these now very needed changes come quickly and aren't shelved for a year or two down the road.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to weigh in on the activity indicator. Yes having it on our profile now does add pressure. For my part I leave my computer on all day every day and for one reason or another and I usually have FR open as well for baldwin, checking the marketplace, watching the fodder floor etc. I am not attentive at FR all day but the activity indicator makes it feel like I have to be. Thanks to reading the thread I do know now how to turn it off, but it honestly feels like a bigger invasion of privacy than having the birthdays up there.
I'm afraid I have to echo some other users again. I'm glad that this daunting part of the project is finished but I agree that things still need tweaking. It does feel a little busy to me as well but I can't put my finger on why.

One thing that I will find particularly hard to adjust to is having only 3 options under Recent Forum Posts. Like a few people here have said already I also use those links all the time, and it does seem a little odd to restrict it when there's so much unused space on the right side.

Some adjustments to the profile comments would be very appreciated. They looked pretty jammed together right now, and despite that they are the reason why we all have a long scroll on this page. Changing how many are visible is a great place to start. I know there are many people who use profile comments like PMs (which was I'm sure not their intended purpose), but for the rest of us who don't use them as our prime communicators there are stale posts from months ago- or in my case almost a year- that don't need to be sitting there taking up real estate. It might even be a little better if they were expanded to take up that blank right side. Not that it would reduce the scrolling by much though. I would also really appreciate a button size change on the comments as well. I've already nearly reported 3 people this morning on mobile.

And while I like seeing our forum vista on our profile now that box feels like it could have some better space management done. The blank nothingness where the vista ends is a little jarring depending on which vista someone has on, and those buttons that are in that space could easily go in the void under the ID and date where nothing is sitting.

Also, was the comments box always that big? It seems massive now but perhaps it's the new formatting at work there.

I hope some of these have already been thought of since this whole process was essentially just switching coding bases, but I hope too that these now very needed changes come quickly and aren't shelved for a year or two down the road.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to weigh in on the activity indicator. Yes having it on our profile now does add pressure. For my part I leave my computer on all day every day and for one reason or another and I usually have FR open as well for baldwin, checking the marketplace, watching the fodder floor etc. I am not attentive at FR all day but the activity indicator makes it feel like I have to be. Thanks to reading the thread I do know now how to turn it off, but it honestly feels like a bigger invasion of privacy than having the birthdays up there.
My vista isn't showing. :/

Is it because my dragon is in the hibernal den?
My vista isn't showing. :/

Is it because my dragon is in the hibernal den?
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
As someone who utilizes the recent forum posts on the profile daily to quickly navigate, I have to be honest and say that that part of the update is pretty terrible. It's now very visually hard to access and navigate to because it's free floating in the bg AND downsized. I hope this is something that can be fixed.
As someone who utilizes the recent forum posts on the profile daily to quickly navigate, I have to be honest and say that that part of the update is pretty terrible. It's now very visually hard to access and navigate to because it's free floating in the bg AND downsized. I hope this is something that can be fixed.
AceNoc_2.png
Howdy, my name is Ace!
They/Them, He/Him

• Artist
• Old and Tired™
• Might take a bit to respond but pings and PMs are always welcome!
HECK YEAH CUSTOM LAIR LOCATIONS IN CLAN BIO SUPPORT!!! Well, not quite perfect yet, but a huge step in the right direction!!!
HECK YEAH CUSTOM LAIR LOCATIONS IN CLAN BIO SUPPORT!!! Well, not quite perfect yet, but a huge step in the right direction!!!
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
You guys are working so hard! Very excited for the nesting grounds update.

I'd also like to advocate for bringing back the extended "Recent Forum Posts." I participate in the forums and community events often, and having more links to previous posts was a big help!

The comment section seems very bulky, as many users have mentioned. The emphasis seems to be on the block and report buttons, the date, and the username rather than the actual comment. On mobile, the whole comment section takes up a massive amount of space, when I'd rather the focus be on my own clan profile.

However, the clan profile edit box is gorgeous and streamlined, and I'm glad the "Recent Activity" is off to the side!

Thanks for reading our feedback!
You guys are working so hard! Very excited for the nesting grounds update.

I'd also like to advocate for bringing back the extended "Recent Forum Posts." I participate in the forums and community events often, and having more links to previous posts was a big help!

The comment section seems very bulky, as many users have mentioned. The emphasis seems to be on the block and report buttons, the date, and the username rather than the actual comment. On mobile, the whole comment section takes up a massive amount of space, when I'd rather the focus be on my own clan profile.

However, the clan profile edit box is gorgeous and streamlined, and I'm glad the "Recent Activity" is off to the side!

Thanks for reading our feedback!
aWHHcv8.gif x Tidepools bQKtPA9.png

She/Her | | FR time +0

» About Me
»
Wishlist » Avatar
» All Aquatic Items
xx
Ooooooh, I love it!! Thank you to all the devs for everything you do to make FR amazing!!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] edit: Kudos for being able to click on the forum posts [b]VIEW ALL[/b] and see every single forum post you've done for a couple of years, along with searching them the same way as you can search forums, that is so much better than having to scroll through and find specific ones...
Ooooooh, I love it!! Thank you to all the devs for everything you do to make FR amazing!!!

edit: Kudos for being able to click on the forum posts VIEW ALL and see every single forum post you've done for a couple of years, along with searching them the same way as you can search forums, that is so much better than having to scroll through and find specific ones...
7d96ebw.gif
Looks nice, I love it, thanks for the work you put in!
Looks nice, I love it, thanks for the work you put in!
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
Wow! I failed to notice the announcement that this was happening and I was really taken by surprise today.

I have to say, overall I really like the updated visual aspects of the profile. The one small gripe I would have is about the comment section - it feels so much more visually chaotic and messy now than previously.

It's hard to fully put my finger on it but I honestly feel it might simply be due to the fact that each individual comment is now boxed in with the forum message colour background instead of the plain white of the overall profile that we've been used to all this time - I really think it would look a whole lot better either still plain white and no other change, or entirely unboxed and returned to something closer to it's old look.

Ironically, this boxing in seems to have really rubbed me the wrong way but I actually agree with other users in this thread that it might actually really work well to box in other aspects of the profile (basically everything on the right-hand side, but especially the recent activity/post sections, I don't mind so much the 'floatiness' of lair location as it stands but boxing in the others might make it feel more necessary - that's something that's hard to say for sure without seeing a visual example I think).

I am really looking forward to the refactor of breeding!

I'm sure many people have said this time and time again on posts like this but there are two huge changes that I think many of us would really love - and that's, firstly and foremostly, being able to search inventory easily when sending a CR or a PM attachment - and secondly, having a simple 'click-through' route from having assayed bloodline for a pair to seeing their foreseen progeny (having to redo your copy and paste of ID numbers each time is really a massive time drain and yet still only the second biggest time drain when you consider the inventory thing).

If I had to guess - I'd say that a refactor and revamp of breeding sounds like the perfect opportunity to address that second problem and I'm very hopeful that we see the increase in efficiency that that would bring!

Congratulations to everyone on all their hard work paying off, overall a great update that I think most people will like and many will eventually come around to liking once they're more used to it. (sorry for the essay)
Wow! I failed to notice the announcement that this was happening and I was really taken by surprise today.

I have to say, overall I really like the updated visual aspects of the profile. The one small gripe I would have is about the comment section - it feels so much more visually chaotic and messy now than previously.

It's hard to fully put my finger on it but I honestly feel it might simply be due to the fact that each individual comment is now boxed in with the forum message colour background instead of the plain white of the overall profile that we've been used to all this time - I really think it would look a whole lot better either still plain white and no other change, or entirely unboxed and returned to something closer to it's old look.

Ironically, this boxing in seems to have really rubbed me the wrong way but I actually agree with other users in this thread that it might actually really work well to box in other aspects of the profile (basically everything on the right-hand side, but especially the recent activity/post sections, I don't mind so much the 'floatiness' of lair location as it stands but boxing in the others might make it feel more necessary - that's something that's hard to say for sure without seeing a visual example I think).

I am really looking forward to the refactor of breeding!

I'm sure many people have said this time and time again on posts like this but there are two huge changes that I think many of us would really love - and that's, firstly and foremostly, being able to search inventory easily when sending a CR or a PM attachment - and secondly, having a simple 'click-through' route from having assayed bloodline for a pair to seeing their foreseen progeny (having to redo your copy and paste of ID numbers each time is really a massive time drain and yet still only the second biggest time drain when you consider the inventory thing).

If I had to guess - I'd say that a refactor and revamp of breeding sounds like the perfect opportunity to address that second problem and I'm very hopeful that we see the increase in efficiency that that would bring!

Congratulations to everyone on all their hard work paying off, overall a great update that I think most people will like and many will eventually come around to liking once they're more used to it. (sorry for the essay)
rkC7fxE.png
Loving that we get more space now; I finally have an excuse to revamp by profile! Also a fan of seeing the vista. Thought the activity status would bother me more, but I don't mind it - I think it'd benefit from allowing manual change similar to discord (active, idle, do not disturb, offline/invisible) though. Agree that there seems to be too much white space. I think things could be a little more contained + the comments should be given the full spread of the page under recent activity OR the side categories should be extended to match. However, this seems to be something that might be revisited once revamps begin, so it's something that's ignorable for now. Just something to toss in Suggestions in the meantime! Wish that the second round of location banners came out with the refactor [emoji=skydancer sad size=1] I've been itching to change my banner to Star Wood Strand!
Loving that we get more space now; I finally have an excuse to revamp by profile! Also a fan of seeing the vista. Thought the activity status would bother me more, but I don't mind it - I think it'd benefit from allowing manual change similar to discord (active, idle, do not disturb, offline/invisible) though.

Agree that there seems to be too much white space. I think things could be a little more contained + the comments should be given the full spread of the page under recent activity OR the side categories should be extended to match. However, this seems to be something that might be revisited once revamps begin, so it's something that's ignorable for now.

Just something to toss in Suggestions in the meantime!

Wish that the second round of location banners came out with the refactor I've been itching to change my banner to Star Wood Strand!
3 hours ahead of FR time
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47 48