Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Feedback on Profile Changes
1 2 3 4 5
[b]Edit:[/b] Feel free to add your own feedbacks and criticism. PLEASE be nice to people with differing opinions. This is supposed to help staff with their creation, be able to see if any of the things need fixing. This is not to bash on each other for different views on the changes! ------------------- Not sure how to feel about being redirected to "Suggestions" for feedback but here I go: First of, the alignment of all the elements looks just sightly out of place when you look at the whole picture instead of going by column. I adjusted my profile text in a way so the end of my text aligns with the ID-Card thing. [img]https://img.nickpic.host/6jUlPq.png[/img] --------------- Second - if you use the maximum space of the profile text, it ends super weirdly not quite aligned with the friend's list. It's just pixels off but it looks [i]weird[/i]. Aswell as the comment box + headline being unaligned towards anything anchored. [img]https://img.nickpic.host/6jCdMd.png[/img] ---------------- Next up are the headlines "x's Friends", "Recent Forum Posts" and "Recent Activity", they look lost without a clear frame or box. Just adding one little line makes them look less floating in space. In the preview that was shown in the thread the Posts and Activity have slightly grey boxes (instead of text because no activity) and maybe having that as a background for the text might also help with less floaty elements (instead of the line). [center][img]https://img.nickpic.host/6jUhGe.png[/img][/center] I also changed the order of the elements because I disliked the Image (ID-card), text (forum posts), image (friends), text (activity log) and this looks less cluttered to me but that might just be preference. --------------- Now we have to talk about the colors. The overall theme is the lightgrey used as lines and under the comment box where the wordcount is. Why are the comment boxes orange? In the preview you showed they were grey (for profiles without comments) and it looks way more matchy because it's more consistent. Also the way colors are handled. For this I used someone else's post in the announcement thread I hope thats fine, because it explains what I mean: [quote name="cross" date="2022-10-03 07:56:34" ] i'm glad about more frequent UI changes, but i have some issues with the cohesion of the new clan profile layout. hopefully this explains my thoughts [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215612493534330882/1026507186920247316/Screen_Shot_2022-10-03_at_10.40.34_AM.png[/img] i really wish every text box was the same. right now it just has a lot of different design attributes at once. [/quote] --------------- The last thing are the comments. The names are way too big, even the code agrees because on letters like g it just get's cut off by the line with the date the comment was posted: [center][img]https://img.nickpic.host/6jUj48.png[/img][/center] The buttons feel too big too, all in all the comments are with the background color, the huge font and the big icons a bit too 'in your face'. --------------- Now seriously the last thing but the ID Card looks empty on the left now that the birthday is gone :/
Edit: Feel free to add your own feedbacks and criticism. PLEASE be nice to people with differing opinions. This is supposed to help staff with their creation, be able to see if any of the things need fixing. This is not to bash on each other for different views on the changes!

Not sure how to feel about being redirected to "Suggestions" for feedback but here I go:

First of, the alignment of all the elements looks just sightly out of place when you look at the whole picture instead of going by column. I adjusted my profile text in a way so the end of my text aligns with the ID-Card thing.

6jUlPq.png

Second - if you use the maximum space of the profile text, it ends super weirdly not quite aligned with the friend's list. It's just pixels off but it looks weird. Aswell as the comment box + headline being unaligned towards anything anchored.

6jCdMd.png

Next up are the headlines "x's Friends", "Recent Forum Posts" and "Recent Activity", they look lost without a clear frame or box. Just adding one little line makes them look less floating in space.
In the preview that was shown in the thread the Posts and Activity have slightly grey boxes (instead of text because no activity) and maybe having that as a background for the text might also help with less floaty elements (instead of the line).
6jUhGe.png

I also changed the order of the elements because I disliked the Image (ID-card), text (forum posts), image (friends), text (activity log) and this looks less cluttered to me but that might just be preference.

Now we have to talk about the colors. The overall theme is the lightgrey used as lines and under the comment box where the wordcount is. Why are the comment boxes orange? In the preview you showed they were grey (for profiles without comments) and it looks way more matchy because it's more consistent.
Also the way colors are handled. For this I used someone else's post in the announcement thread I hope thats fine, because it explains what I mean:
cross wrote on 2022-10-03 07:56:34:
i'm glad about more frequent UI changes, but i have some issues with the cohesion of the new clan profile layout. hopefully this explains my thoughts

Screen_Shot_2022-10-03_at_10.40.34_AM.png

i really wish every text box was the same. right now it just has a lot of different design attributes at once.

The last thing are the comments. The names are way too big, even the code agrees because on letters like g it just get's cut off by the line with the date the comment was posted:
6jUj48.png

The buttons feel too big too, all in all the comments are with the background color, the huge font and the big icons a bit too 'in your face'.

Now seriously the last thing but the ID Card looks empty on the left now that the birthday is gone :/
posted on the announcement thread before seeing that they wanted feedback in suggestions so if you don't mind, i'm gonna drop my own feedback in here as well. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418441492999438339/1026517917552091156/unknown.png[/img] personally for me this change is very jarring, the highlighted text for every header is too attention grabbing, the change from just dates to word + date is... eh. It's understandable though i'm not a fan of it as i prefer more compact info for the recent threads. The reduction of the recent threads though I really dislike. The profile container on the righthand side looks way more like a generated button you'd use to link to your account on a different website, rather than a part of the profile. I really preferred the more... compact style of the old profile layout, where everything on the right was contained in one box.
posted on the announcement thread before seeing that they wanted feedback in suggestions so if you don't mind, i'm gonna drop my own feedback in here as well.

unknown.png

personally for me this change is very jarring, the highlighted text for every header is too attention grabbing, the change from just dates to word + date is... eh. It's understandable though i'm not a fan of it as i prefer more compact info for the recent threads. The reduction of the recent threads though I really dislike.

The profile container on the righthand side looks way more like a generated button you'd use to link to your account on a different website, rather than a part of the profile.

I really preferred the more... compact style of the old profile layout, where everything on the right was contained in one box.
image.png
@Ske1th
I saw your post after sending this feedback or else I would have totally added it in too as it definitely fits my opinions on the matter.
@Ske1th
I saw your post after sending this feedback or else I would have totally added it in too as it definitely fits my opinions on the matter.
[center]I agree with all the things you've both pointed out, and I'm really hoping those things will be improved upon soon because right now it definitely looks a bit mismatched!! I also really like this suggestion I saw in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3173433]another thread[/url]: [quote name="Naeryl" date="2022-10-03 07:35:31" ] Now that I stare at the profile more I think the best course of action for me personally would be to implement a separate Edit page similar to lairs. This page would be where you can change your broadcast message, clan bio, lair location, and maybe even be where you can set your birthday visibility provided that is no longer tied to your account activity. -snip- [/quote][/center]
I agree with all the things you've both pointed out, and I'm really hoping those things will be improved upon soon because right now it definitely looks a bit mismatched!! I also really like this suggestion I saw in another thread:
Naeryl wrote on 2022-10-03 07:35:31:
Now that I stare at the profile more I think the best course of action for me personally would be to implement a separate Edit page similar to lairs. This page would be where you can change your broadcast message, clan bio, lair location, and maybe even be where you can set your birthday visibility provided that is no longer tied to your account activity. -snip-
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
Adding my 2 cents to this: The block next to the forum is a big block of emptiness. Maybe something is planned for this, i hope so, but if not then a small suggestion: Let us show off a favorite dragon, item or add a item-sized button! This one is faded because I literally only dragged over the picture. It fits perfectly like it was made to be there :D [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/748548944795140166/1026518859735375872/unknown.png[/img] [/center] ----- Here a small edit on how comments look if the font was smaller and the line height not conflicting and jumping with the size of the bio that sometimes cuts off g's in a username: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/748548944795140166/1026514121308520568/unknown.png[/img] As a test I switched the background color to purple to make it match to my Shadow pride. That can be ignored although I'd love to have some sort of control over how my profile looks like outside the bio but that would require another refactor~
Adding my 2 cents to this:
The block next to the forum is a big block of emptiness. Maybe something is planned for this, i hope so, but if not then a small suggestion:
Let us show off a favorite dragon, item or add a item-sized button!
This one is faded because I literally only dragged over the picture. It fits perfectly like it was made to be there :D
unknown.png

Here a small edit on how comments look if the font was smaller and the line height not conflicting and jumping with the size of the bio that sometimes cuts off g's in a username:

unknown.png

As a test I switched the background color to purple to make it match to my Shadow pride. That can be ignored although I'd love to have some sort of control over how my profile looks like outside the bio but that would require another refactor~
Noctua_Link_Item.png BS31-1.pngBS32-1.pngBS33-1.png
BS31-2.pngBS32-2.pngBS33-2.png
BS31-3.pngBS32-3.pngBS33-3.png
BS31-4.pngBS32-4.pngBS33-4.png
MMIcon.png
I like the extended area for profile info, the clan activity being pushed down, and a cool new placeholder for if you haven’t written anything. If the vista container could be extended down to surround Forum Posts and Friends I think it would look better, shrink down the comment box a little too so it’s the same height as Friends, and maybe edit the font that’s being used for the little headers so it’s not as distracting. Those are changes I would make.
I like the extended area for profile info, the clan activity being pushed down, and a cool new placeholder for if you haven’t written anything. If the vista container could be extended down to surround Forum Posts and Friends I think it would look better, shrink down the comment box a little too so it’s the same height as Friends, and maybe edit the font that’s being used for the little headers so it’s not as distracting. Those are changes I would make.
m87ieVe.png
Pls add previewing when editing profiles pls thx
Pls add previewing when editing profiles pls thx
CxCeM78.png
61.pngLampette
The word you're looking for is gradient! I want the gradient on the user box fully gone, and I was thinking of a box round each side section, but I do like the light lines.
The word you're looking for is gradient! I want the gradient on the user box fully gone, and I was thinking of a box round each side section, but I do like the light lines.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Bouncing off what others have said here. The biggest issue for me is accessibility. This new profile is way less accessible, and I mean that in every sense of the word. It's not accessible for computer users or for those with smaller or differently-sized screens. The alignment of the containers gets pushed around and a lot of the elements don't match up aesthetically.

Speaking of being different, I also feel that this profile is not very accessible for differently-abled folks as well. It is simply far too busy for my autistic brain. It's hard to focus on one single part of the profile page because everything is bold, clunky, boxed in, and colored differently from each other. It's a UI/graphic design nightmare, to be honest. I'm not trying to judge whoever designed this, because it takes a whole team to do this, but there are several more rounds of QA that needed to happen before this was pushed out to all of us.

It's hard to choose a single feature I hate the most but it would probably have to be the clan bio part. There's just a scrollbar in the middle of the screen between my custom text and the boxes on the right. I know that's always been there but expanding it made it more obvious, imo. Now I want to redo everything to make the profile appear less busy and cluttered, which takes away a lot of creativity and individuality. I have to remove my artwork so everything can fit.

I dislike the Forum Posts and Latest Activity portions on the right as well. As others have stated, it doesn't match up with some of the other elements above and below it.

I know this is hard work, but this update was a swing and a miss for a lot of folks. I would really urge the developers to consider different accessibility needs next time they are trying to design a website with dynamic elements.
Bouncing off what others have said here. The biggest issue for me is accessibility. This new profile is way less accessible, and I mean that in every sense of the word. It's not accessible for computer users or for those with smaller or differently-sized screens. The alignment of the containers gets pushed around and a lot of the elements don't match up aesthetically.

Speaking of being different, I also feel that this profile is not very accessible for differently-abled folks as well. It is simply far too busy for my autistic brain. It's hard to focus on one single part of the profile page because everything is bold, clunky, boxed in, and colored differently from each other. It's a UI/graphic design nightmare, to be honest. I'm not trying to judge whoever designed this, because it takes a whole team to do this, but there are several more rounds of QA that needed to happen before this was pushed out to all of us.

It's hard to choose a single feature I hate the most but it would probably have to be the clan bio part. There's just a scrollbar in the middle of the screen between my custom text and the boxes on the right. I know that's always been there but expanding it made it more obvious, imo. Now I want to redo everything to make the profile appear less busy and cluttered, which takes away a lot of creativity and individuality. I have to remove my artwork so everything can fit.

I dislike the Forum Posts and Latest Activity portions on the right as well. As others have stated, it doesn't match up with some of the other elements above and below it.

I know this is hard work, but this update was a swing and a miss for a lot of folks. I would really urge the developers to consider different accessibility needs next time they are trying to design a website with dynamic elements.
Wing-L.png7GZL67L.pngkRuXbjj.pngRBvgAJf.pngWing-R.png
Like a lot of other people have said I think the way everything is crammed in, the text colours and the font sizes are very jarring to look at. We definitely need some more breathing room and less WHITE here :')
Like a lot of other people have said I think the way everything is crammed in, the text colours and the font sizes are very jarring to look at. We definitely need some more breathing room and less WHITE here :')
art_shop_mini_banner_by_doodeedoodah_df4q0t2.pnghatchery_minibanner_by_doodeedoodah_df4q0tl.png
1 2 3 4 5