Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Amphitheres
1 2 3
Coatl is easy for me to remember because of the Queztalcoatl bird edit: mythical god

...but I have been both pronouncing AND spelling amphithere as amphitheatre ever since childhood so I need to process this
Coatl is easy for me to remember because of the Queztalcoatl bird edit: mythical god

...but I have been both pronouncing AND spelling amphithere as amphitheatre ever since childhood so I need to process this
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
...it's co-at-l, right? Or am I wrong too?
I will
give you DRAGONS for MONEY
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

(Anyone got an XXX tarnish G1?)
[quote name="@InfiniteOblivion" date="2022-10-01 08:49:33" ] ...it's co-at-l, right? Or am I wrong too? [/quote] yeah? Quetzalcoatl -> Keht-zal-co-at-l So it's correct. edit: also turns out the bird is just called "Quetzal". The mythical god is Quetzalcoatl, but my brain keeps mushing them together. The pronunciation is still correct tho. edit 2: double-quoted oops
@InfiniteOblivion wrote on 2022-10-01 08:49:33:
yeah?

Quetzalcoatl -> Keht-zal-co-at-l

So it's correct.

edit: also turns out the bird is just called "Quetzal". The mythical god is Quetzalcoatl, but my brain keeps mushing them together.

The pronunciation is still correct tho.

edit 2: double-quoted oops
@DoubleO
Okay good. One question remains, though...

Is it amphi-there or amphi-theere?
@DoubleO

I will
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

[quote name="@InfiniteOblivion" date="2022-10-01 09:05:41" ] Is it amphi-there or amphi-theere? [/quote] I don't know, and I don't think any of my guesses will be [i]near[/i] the actual pronunciation. So I guess you could say it's not really amphi-[i]there[/i] in my head yet. [s]I'll see myself out for the bad pun[/s]
@InfiniteOblivion wrote on 2022-10-01 09:05:41:
I don't know, and I don't think any of my guesses will be near the actual pronunciation.

So I guess you could say it's not really amphi-there in my head yet.

I'll see myself out for the bad pun
@DoubleO
I am(phithere) in pain
@DoubleO
I am(phithere) in pain
I will
HQevuOP.png Sell me
your
dragons!

[quote name="InfiniteOblivion" date="2022-10-01 09:05:41" ] Okay good. One question remains, though... Is it amphi-there or amphi-theere? [/quote] I have heard it pronounced the second way, and that's the way I read it, if that's any consolation
InfiniteOblivion wrote on 2022-10-01 09:05:41:

I have heard it pronounced the second way, and that's the way I read it, if that's any consolation
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
I learned to pronounce Coatl “co-ah-tul” when I was young, and as for Amphithere, I always assumed it was something like “am-phi-teer”? I don’t know why, I just always assumed the H was silent.

I’ve also commonly seen amphithere written as amphiptere so that is confusing-
I learned to pronounce Coatl “co-ah-tul” when I was young, and as for Amphithere, I always assumed it was something like “am-phi-teer”? I don’t know why, I just always assumed the H was silent.

I’ve also commonly seen amphithere written as amphiptere so that is confusing-
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
I've always said "Am-pe-tier" or "Amp-ir-tier" bc its easiest for me that way. Amphithere too difficult. Keep it simple; [item=Ultramel Amphithere] That's a friend.
I've always said "Am-pe-tier" or "Amp-ir-tier" bc its easiest for me that way.

Amphithere too difficult. Keep it simple;
Ultramel Amphithere That's a friend.
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
To be fair? An Amphitheater is an actual thing, it's just not a dragon. It's actually another name for a colosseum!
To be fair? An Amphitheater is an actual thing, it's just not a dragon. It's actually another name for a colosseum!
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
1 2 3