Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's the appeal of ancient dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've come to a conclusion I must be the only user here who doesn't have any interest in ancients.

I just can't do what I'd like to do with them (make them silly/stupid/insane by dressing them up) so no matter how great a design is, I just see no point in owning them. In this respect, "new breed releases" still happen once every 5/6 years for me.

However, if aberrations were modern, I'd have quite a few...
I've come to a conclusion I must be the only user here who doesn't have any interest in ancients.

I just can't do what I'd like to do with them (make them silly/stupid/insane by dressing them up) so no matter how great a design is, I just see no point in owning them. In this respect, "new breed releases" still happen once every 5/6 years for me.

However, if aberrations were modern, I'd have quite a few...
I don't care that much about apparel, and I'm absolutely nuts about weird body configurations, so dragons with linebreaking terts and/or extra legs/heads are absolutely my jam.

And I just love FR's Ancient designs. Gaolers are glorious craggy fluffmonsters, banescale are rampant battle chickens, veils are wonderful little shadebugs and aberrations are just stunning. They're so good.
I don't care that much about apparel, and I'm absolutely nuts about weird body configurations, so dragons with linebreaking terts and/or extra legs/heads are absolutely my jam.

And I just love FR's Ancient designs. Gaolers are glorious craggy fluffmonsters, banescale are rampant battle chickens, veils are wonderful little shadebugs and aberrations are just stunning. They're so good.
I love the idea of having an awesome UMA on them
I love the idea of having an awesome UMA on them
lckqq6P.png
I'm a bit sad about their lack of apparel but the linebreaking terts are pretty nice. They usually also have cool lore?

I was obsessed with banescales for a while, but it's worn off and I can't really remember what I liked about them any more lol
I'm a bit sad about their lack of apparel but the linebreaking terts are pretty nice. They usually also have cool lore?

I was obsessed with banescales for a while, but it's worn off and I can't really remember what I liked about them any more lol
Professional Grump

I live for memes
I honestly don't care about them not being able to wear clothes because skin artists got me covered. Especially for Aberrations, whose genes are *amazing*, I don't need to dress every single dragon I have to be happy with their design. Ny'Rakath doesn't even have a skin! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38484437][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/384845/38484437_350.png[/img][/url] I like what you can do with apparel, but I also like what you can do with nice colors, genes, and skins. Also, Ancient dragons just look COOL.
I honestly don't care about them not being able to wear clothes because skin artists got me covered. Especially for Aberrations, whose genes are *amazing*, I don't need to dress every single dragon I have to be happy with their design.

Ny'Rakath doesn't even have a skin!

38484437_350.png

I like what you can do with apparel, but I also like what you can do with nice colors, genes, and skins. Also, Ancient dragons just look COOL.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
I very frequently wish I could put apparel on Ancients and I genuinely thought I'd never have that many, but I do, I just really adore some combos, plus some genes are breathtaking (I'm talking about you, Blossom and Branches)
I very frequently wish I could put apparel on Ancients and I genuinely thought I'd never have that many, but I do, I just really adore some combos, plus some genes are breathtaking (I'm talking about you, Blossom and Branches)
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I don't really like apparel all that much. It's nice not having dragons that I really don't need to worry about dressing.

But MY main interest in them, other than that they're generally cool dragons, is that they make for great cheap projects. Their genes are generally ~ half the price of modern genes, so geneing them takes significantly less time. And because it takes less time, I can get more 'done' faster than I would otherwise and it feels like I'm actually accomplishing something. I find with modern projects they tend to sit for years in my project tabs because it seems like a daunting task that I'll never finish. A self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. lol

As a bonus, because ancients lack apparel options that also means they get 'done' quicker too. Slap a fest accent on there and bam done! If they even need one.
I don't really like apparel all that much. It's nice not having dragons that I really don't need to worry about dressing.

But MY main interest in them, other than that they're generally cool dragons, is that they make for great cheap projects. Their genes are generally ~ half the price of modern genes, so geneing them takes significantly less time. And because it takes less time, I can get more 'done' faster than I would otherwise and it feels like I'm actually accomplishing something. I find with modern projects they tend to sit for years in my project tabs because it seems like a daunting task that I'll never finish. A self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. lol

As a bonus, because ancients lack apparel options that also means they get 'done' quicker too. Slap a fest accent on there and bam done! If they even need one.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
For me personally I hate the dress up system in this game. I have over 40 pages of apparel at this point and I don't have any of the names of it memorized so I can never find anything. Unless you remember what the apparel is called or know what colors it comprises dressing dragons is a pain. Plus the dressing room layering still doesn't work on mobile!

Frankly I prefer ancients so I can just skip all that annoyance lol. Plus I think it's weird people completely cover a dragon to the point where you can't even see what color it is. I pick dragon colors because I like them and want to see them.
For me personally I hate the dress up system in this game. I have over 40 pages of apparel at this point and I don't have any of the names of it memorized so I can never find anything. Unless you remember what the apparel is called or know what colors it comprises dressing dragons is a pain. Plus the dressing room layering still doesn't work on mobile!

Frankly I prefer ancients so I can just skip all that annoyance lol. Plus I think it's weird people completely cover a dragon to the point where you can't even see what color it is. I pick dragon colors because I like them and want to see them.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2022-10-01 07:34:43" ] I don't really like apparel all that much. It's nice not having dragons that I really don't need to worry about dressing. But MY main interest in them, other than that they're generally cool dragons, is that they make for great cheap projects. Their genes are generally ~ half the price of modern genes, so geneing them takes significantly less time. And because it takes less time, I can get more 'done' faster than I would otherwise and it feels like I'm actually accomplishing something. I find with modern projects they tend to sit for years in my project tabs because it seems like a daunting task that I'll never finish. A self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. lol As a bonus, because ancients lack apparel options that also means they get 'done' quicker too. Slap a fest accent on there and bam done! If they even need one. [/quote] I also want to second this. The cost of modern genes is so high that I'm not interested in destroying my wrist in the coi to finish a project. If it can be turned into an ancient then a the better to save money.
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2022-10-01 07:34:43:

I also want to second this. The cost of modern genes is so high that I'm not interested in destroying my wrist in the coi to finish a project. If it can be turned into an ancient then a the better to save money.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I think the right genes and/or accent can make a dragon look just as complete as a dragon with apparel. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58494585][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/584946/58494585_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
I think the right genes and/or accent can make a dragon look just as complete as a dragon with apparel.
58494585_350.png
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8