Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Rare Eye Icon on Incorrect Hatchling
A mild bug where I had two dragons hatch with rare eye types, pastel and multi-gaze, and neither of them had a rare eye icon (honestly I don't know which all eye types call for the icon, actually) but their common eyed sibling did. The pastel and multi-gaze hatchlings flanked a common eye-type hatchling, but that hatchling was the only one with a rare eye alert icon. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/rmhHzgyB/eyetypes.png[/img]
A mild bug where I had two dragons hatch with rare eye types, pastel and multi-gaze, and neither of them had a rare eye icon (honestly I don't know which all eye types call for the icon, actually) but their common eyed sibling did.

The pastel and multi-gaze hatchlings flanked a common eye-type hatchling, but that hatchling was the only one with a rare eye alert icon.

eyetypes.png
Thank you for the report. I showed this to the programming team and this is a legacy page that is currently in the early stages of being refactored. (ie: It's on the old code from the early days of the site. We're completely remaking it on the new, updated code.)

Since the bug is largely harmless, we're going to leave this for now, but have noted down that this is happening. When the refactored nest and hatching pages go live, this issue should be addressed at the same time. Two birds, one stone and all that!

Thanks again. This was a good catch!
Thank you for the report. I showed this to the programming team and this is a legacy page that is currently in the early stages of being refactored. (ie: It's on the old code from the early days of the site. We're completely remaking it on the new, updated code.)

Since the bug is largely harmless, we're going to leave this for now, but have noted down that this is happening. When the refactored nest and hatching pages go live, this issue should be addressed at the same time. Two birds, one stone and all that!

Thanks again. This was a good catch!
@zani @undel

I've had this happen before, and I think it's just that the eye icon is coded to appear to the left of the hatchling. In the case of a 4- or 5-egg nest, the hatchlings are lined up in order, but the coding to break the line so it fits in the screen is placed after the eye icon instead of before. Should be a simple fix when the refactor does go live!
@zani @undel

I've had this happen before, and I think it's just that the eye icon is coded to appear to the left of the hatchling. In the case of a 4- or 5-egg nest, the hatchlings are lined up in order, but the coding to break the line so it fits in the screen is placed after the eye icon instead of before. Should be a simple fix when the refactor does go live!
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/821948799017943110/1020251347066556467/SPOILER_pain.png[/img]. I'll add onto this with another screenshot
SPOILER_pain.png.
I'll add onto this with another screenshot

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
Hey
I've run into this as well!
I've run into this as well!
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies