Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Haha ive been scammed. Fun.
Is there no protection over scams? When theres clear receipts that a service hasnt been delivered? I feel hopeless right now. Payed 1600g for something 8 months ago. Guess what? Scammer spent it all on UMAs, didnt deliver the product, and is now inactive.
It frustrates me how this is going to be seen as a callout, when I just want a solution to this. I feel like we have no protection over situations like these. I bet some of you can even relate to what im saying. We spend lots of time or even money to get those gems only for them to be scammed out from our hands...
Is there no protection over scams? When theres clear receipts that a service hasnt been delivered? I feel hopeless right now. Payed 1600g for something 8 months ago. Guess what? Scammer spent it all on UMAs, didnt deliver the product, and is now inactive.
It frustrates me how this is going to be seen as a callout, when I just want a solution to this. I feel like we have no protection over situations like these. I bet some of you can even relate to what im saying. We spend lots of time or even money to get those gems only for them to be scammed out from our hands...
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
@ThousandLights If you think you've been scammed you can report it through contact us: https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
They probably won't be able to refund you but you can stop the same thing happening to other people.

Any trades like that are considered unsupported which means they're allowed but you do them at your own risk unfortunately :c
Quote:
Some player to player transactions, such as raffles, cross-site trading, or 'dragon lending' are unsupported but allowed. While our support team will not restore items, dragons, or currency lost in one of these types of transactions, it does not mean we allow scams or bad-faith trades on our website.

If you have reason to believe someone has engaged in a bad faith trade or is attempting to scam you or others, please send our Support team a message through Contact Us.
https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005005106-Scams-Bad-Faith-Trading
@ThousandLights If you think you've been scammed you can report it through contact us: https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
They probably won't be able to refund you but you can stop the same thing happening to other people.

Any trades like that are considered unsupported which means they're allowed but you do them at your own risk unfortunately :c
Quote:
Some player to player transactions, such as raffles, cross-site trading, or 'dragon lending' are unsupported but allowed. While our support team will not restore items, dragons, or currency lost in one of these types of transactions, it does not mean we allow scams or bad-faith trades on our website.

If you have reason to believe someone has engaged in a bad faith trade or is attempting to scam you or others, please send our Support team a message through Contact Us.
https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005005106-Scams-Bad-Faith-Trading
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Yeah it's.....kinda bs that FR has no protection from scammers and that something like this would fall under the 'callout' rules. I love FR but a lot of their rules around what we are and aren't allowed to discuss are really insane.

Like Lonin said they won't refund you, but hopefully they can do something to stop the person from doing this to other people.
Yeah it's.....kinda bs that FR has no protection from scammers and that something like this would fall under the 'callout' rules. I love FR but a lot of their rules around what we are and aren't allowed to discuss are really insane.

Like Lonin said they won't refund you, but hopefully they can do something to stop the person from doing this to other people.
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
Not everything is an actual scam. Your best bet is to contact zendesk like Lonin said, but some things are entirely out of their hands, especially if it's not a site supported trade. A flat-out scam they will put a stop to quickly, but if it's a service not delivered.. probably not.

If it's art, I have seen it a lot with younger artists.. take on more than they can handle, and then end up panicking when they can't come through and ghost. And even more experienced artists, life happens, but they usually have the good sense not to spend what they haven't earned yet.

If the user hasn't ghosted you, but said they cannot pay you back because they spent it, you might be able to work something out? Payment plan. Eggs/chests at NotN. Grinding.

Lots of ifs, since we don't know the situation.
Not everything is an actual scam. Your best bet is to contact zendesk like Lonin said, but some things are entirely out of their hands, especially if it's not a site supported trade. A flat-out scam they will put a stop to quickly, but if it's a service not delivered.. probably not.

If it's art, I have seen it a lot with younger artists.. take on more than they can handle, and then end up panicking when they can't come through and ghost. And even more experienced artists, life happens, but they usually have the good sense not to spend what they haven't earned yet.

If the user hasn't ghosted you, but said they cannot pay you back because they spent it, you might be able to work something out? Payment plan. Eggs/chests at NotN. Grinding.

Lots of ifs, since we don't know the situation.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
@Lonin Thanks much! I will definitely try that... but tbh I just want my money back [emoji=guardian sad size=1] @SpiritMessenger Exactly my own thougths. People be talking about scamming experiences or even more fricked up things and boom, "callout", when they were just describing the situation... They lock the thread but wont do anything to acknowledge the problem itself lol. @SCB Im kinda scared of giving more details cuz of the callout thing, but yes, I sent a DM weeks ago and radio silent. I saw said user ordering a lot of UMAs, and is now inactive it seems. And yes, this was an art commision matter [emoji=ridgeback sad size=1]
@Lonin Thanks much! I will definitely try that... but tbh I just want my money back

@SpiritMessenger Exactly my own thougths. People be talking about scamming experiences or even more fricked up things and boom, "callout", when they were just describing the situation... They lock the thread but wont do anything to acknowledge the problem itself lol.

@SCB
Im kinda scared of giving more details cuz of the callout thing, but yes, I sent a DM weeks ago and radio silent. I saw said user ordering a lot of UMAs, and is now inactive it seems. And yes, this was an art commision matter
If it's not a site-supported trade, I doubt they can do much.
If it's not a site-supported trade, I doubt they can do much.
Tbh I'm very glad the site staff don't get involved in things like art trades, seems like a very... slippery slope, and something that could easily be exploited.

Also it would put a lot of pressure on artists to get their art done in a set timeframe even if life gets in the way, and as an artist that would make me not do commissions on this site at all. Art is difficult and energy consuming, and if something bad or stressful happens in your life, you're probably gonna get art block and not have the motivation or mindset to draw.

It could be the person has gone inactive because they felt overwhelmed by the pressure of having to do the commission amidst other stresses in their life. You don't know, y'know?

And tbh this is just a risk you take when you do unofficial trades (like art trades). I've had the same thing happen before. You've just kinda gotta accept the risk and move on, or not make those kinds of trades in the first place.
Tbh I'm very glad the site staff don't get involved in things like art trades, seems like a very... slippery slope, and something that could easily be exploited.

Also it would put a lot of pressure on artists to get their art done in a set timeframe even if life gets in the way, and as an artist that would make me not do commissions on this site at all. Art is difficult and energy consuming, and if something bad or stressful happens in your life, you're probably gonna get art block and not have the motivation or mindset to draw.

It could be the person has gone inactive because they felt overwhelmed by the pressure of having to do the commission amidst other stresses in their life. You don't know, y'know?

And tbh this is just a risk you take when you do unofficial trades (like art trades). I've had the same thing happen before. You've just kinda gotta accept the risk and move on, or not make those kinds of trades in the first place.
@Dremziistrun In that case they should give all the money back to all the people that have payed them. You cant just offer a service, get around, lets exaggerate, 7k dollars, then say "sorry life happened" and run away with the money without giving the people what they paid for. There is absolutely no excuse in scamming people. No one is forcing them to draw, but when money is involved, it is an obligation to have it done whithin an understandable timeframe. If you cant deliver, dont take commisions nor run away with the money. Its that simple.
@Dremziistrun In that case they should give all the money back to all the people that have payed them. You cant just offer a service, get around, lets exaggerate, 7k dollars, then say "sorry life happened" and run away with the money without giving the people what they paid for. There is absolutely no excuse in scamming people. No one is forcing them to draw, but when money is involved, it is an obligation to have it done whithin an understandable timeframe. If you cant deliver, dont take commisions nor run away with the money. Its that simple.
Hello everyone. The reason why we don't allow call-out threads of this nature is due to the fact players can only see one side (their side), and may be making the wrong assumption about why a trade (of any kind) hasn't been completed. We have seen this happen many times over the years. Sometimes it is a bad-faith trade with malicious intent, and sometimes it's because life happened. And in covid times, life can, does hit people hard and fast. When it's a case of life happening, publicly accusing or calling someone out someone as a scammer when they are not has consequences. As noted upthread, please report suspected bad faith trades to us via Contact Us. While we may not be able to restore items, dragons, or currency, we can still investigate and ensure the reported individual isn't exploiting our policies and scamming players. When you make your report, please [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005005106-Scams-Bad-Faith-Trading]follow the instructions noted in the policy[/url][/b] itself: [quote]When you do, include links to any posts on the [i]Flight Rising[/i] website and any relevant Crossroads or private message ID numbers. [/quote] Failure to include this information, or failure to use the email address registered to your [I]Flight Rising[/I] account will lead to delays reviewing and processing your ticket. And because this thread is a form of callout, because the correct information on both policy and what to do has been given, and [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005918783-Non-Gameplay-Feedback]as all non-gameplay feedback[/url][/b] (ie, rules, policies, etc) must be sent to us through Contact Us, this thread is now locked. Thank you for understanding. [emoji=new friend size=1]
Hello everyone. The reason why we don't allow call-out threads of this nature is due to the fact players can only see one side (their side), and may be making the wrong assumption about why a trade (of any kind) hasn't been completed. We have seen this happen many times over the years. Sometimes it is a bad-faith trade with malicious intent, and sometimes it's because life happened. And in covid times, life can, does hit people hard and fast. When it's a case of life happening, publicly accusing or calling someone out someone as a scammer when they are not has consequences.

As noted upthread, please report suspected bad faith trades to us via Contact Us. While we may not be able to restore items, dragons, or currency, we can still investigate and ensure the reported individual isn't exploiting our policies and scamming players. When you make your report, please follow the instructions noted in the policy itself:

Quote:
When you do, include links to any posts on the Flight Rising website and any relevant Crossroads or private message ID numbers.

Failure to include this information, or failure to use the email address registered to your Flight Rising account will lead to delays reviewing and processing your ticket.

And because this thread is a form of callout, because the correct information on both policy and what to do has been given, and as all non-gameplay feedback (ie, rules, policies, etc) must be sent to us through Contact Us, this thread is now locked. Thank you for understanding.