Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [lf] Roleplay, roleplay, roleplay
1 2
19/10/2022 - Closed right now! Check back later. ------------------ Looking for a new rp partner to plot with. Could it be... you? [center][img]https://c.tenor.com/SxFD7ZkWLpkAAAAM/cute-cat.gif[/img][/center] [quote=about me] - [b]27 whole years old![/b] I'm not a nsfw rper, but like, that's a lot of years old. Please don't interact if you're either under 18, or you just feel uncomfortable RPing with a 27 year old. - Spoon - she/her - Aussie timezone - I'm on when you're not, probably. - Discord-only RPer. - Long, long, long RPs. I've done plots that have gone for years. - 1x1. - I don't always get notifs, so please poke me if it's been a while. - You're welcome to leave at any time - things come up! But before you go, [b]please say goodbye[/b] just so I know to reset the chat and start looking again. [/quote] [center][img]https://i.gifer.com/2uG0.gif[/img][/center] [quote=about the writing] - Multi-paras, literate - I'm Discord-only, because I love to roll d20s and get Tatsu/RNG involved - I love a little randomness in my RP outcomes. It'd be cool to RP with someone who likes that too. - 3-5 paras is the comf zone (TM), though I've been known to get very excited on some responses and wall of text people. Usually, I tend to mirror what the other person does, and I'd like to find someone who tends to sit around that 3-5 paragraphs response mark if possible. - Super long RP responses all the time really burn me out, sorry! - [u][url=https://archiveofourown.org/works/29175834]writing sample.[/url][/u] There's more on that account if you need to see more than that. - [b]please provide your own example![/b] Doesn't have to be long or super new, or even rp; any prose will do. I just like to see samples, I guess. [/quote] [center][img]https://c.tenor.com/ilc2Gyvk7MIAAAAd/cats-camouflage.gif[/img][/center] [quote=interests/prefs.] - oc rper. I'll rp settings from fandoms, and I'll also rp original settings, but I don't rp canon characters. I just find that I worry about rping canon characters 'right' and it stresses me out. - I don't do very well trying to run more than two characters in a conversation at the same time. - I tend to run human characters. Frequently with bs powers or nonhuman forms, like werewolves or mages, though I have lots of normie human ocs too. - Humanoids, monster boys, even talking FR dragons are aight by me, and pretty cool tbh - so long as I can run my boring old humans. Run it by me-? - settings that make me very happy: urban fantasy, reality show, slice of life, road trip (especially if monsters are involved). I generally like settings from the 90s - present. - genres: Romance, I strongly prefer mxm and fxf. I like comedy rps, and I also like drama. Dramedy's my jam. - I like mysteries 'n' puzzles, too - I watch way too many BBC police procedurals, and I have several investigator-type characters. Gimme a code to break or some puzzle to solve and I'll go to town on it, I love that kind of thing and am happy to come up with some puzzles for you, too. - Slice of life can be fun, buuuut it's even [i]more[/i] fun if there's also supernatural elements thrown in. - I don't enjoy horror rps, sci-fi rps, or rps that have a lot of combat/fighting (though I do like the occaisional bossfight). - fandoms of interest: total drama, zootopia, assassin's creed, obra dinn (pretty please...), yu-gi-oh dm, xenoblade, luca, turning red, unforgotten - [b]Keep it PG. [/b]That means no gore, sex, drugs. [s]Rock'n'roll is ok tho[/s] [/quote]
19/10/2022 - Closed right now! Check back later.

Looking for a new rp partner to plot with. Could it be... you?
cute-cat.gif
about me wrote:

- 27 whole years old! I'm not a nsfw rper, but like, that's a lot of years old. Please don't interact if you're either under 18, or you just feel uncomfortable RPing with a 27 year old.

- Spoon

- she/her

- Aussie timezone - I'm on when you're not, probably.

- Discord-only RPer.

- Long, long, long RPs. I've done plots that have gone for years.

- 1x1.

- I don't always get notifs, so please poke me if it's been a while.

- You're welcome to leave at any time - things come up! But before you go, please say goodbye just so I know to reset the chat and start looking again.
2uG0.gif
about the writing wrote:
- Multi-paras, literate

- I'm Discord-only, because I love to roll d20s and get Tatsu/RNG involved - I love a little randomness in my RP outcomes. It'd be cool to RP with someone who likes that too.

- 3-5 paras is the comf zone (TM), though I've been known to get very excited on some responses and wall of text people. Usually, I tend to mirror what the other person does, and I'd like to find someone who tends to sit around that 3-5 paragraphs response mark if possible.

- Super long RP responses all the time really burn me out, sorry!

- writing sample. There's more on that account if you need to see more than that.

- please provide your own example! Doesn't have to be long or super new, or even rp; any prose will do. I just like to see samples, I guess.

cats-camouflage.gif
interests/prefs. wrote:
- oc rper. I'll rp settings from fandoms, and I'll also rp original settings, but I don't rp canon characters. I just find that I worry about rping canon characters 'right' and it stresses me out.

- I don't do very well trying to run more than two characters in a conversation at the same time.

- I tend to run human characters. Frequently with bs powers or nonhuman forms, like werewolves or mages, though I have lots of normie human ocs too.

- Humanoids, monster boys, even talking FR dragons are aight by me, and pretty cool tbh - so long as I can run my boring old humans. Run it by me-?

- settings that make me very happy: urban fantasy, reality show, slice of life, road trip (especially if monsters are involved). I generally like settings from the 90s - present.

- genres: Romance, I strongly prefer mxm and fxf. I like comedy rps, and I also like drama. Dramedy's my jam.

- I like mysteries 'n' puzzles, too - I watch way too many BBC police procedurals, and I have several investigator-type characters. Gimme a code to break or some puzzle to solve and I'll go to town on it, I love that kind of thing and am happy to come up with some puzzles for you, too.

- Slice of life can be fun, buuuut it's even more fun if there's also supernatural elements thrown in.

- I don't enjoy horror rps, sci-fi rps, or rps that have a lot of combat/fighting (though I do like the occaisional bossfight).

- fandoms of interest: total drama, zootopia, assassin's creed, obra dinn (pretty please...), yu-gi-oh dm, xenoblade, luca, turning red, unforgotten

- Keep it PG. That means no gore, sex, drugs. Rock'n'roll is ok tho
Dear IKTR: Fandragons are in my den! Sometimes there's a few stragglers in my lair.
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
Not all the ideas I have or all I'd consider, but a few wilder things to get you thinking... [img]https://c.tenor.com/LtWUqHDOpTYAAAAd/cat-paws-playing-pattycake.gif[/img] [quote=Ideas Corner] - [u]Friendly McFriend's Very Good Not Bad Show[/u]: One of my ocs is a fairly hyperactive TV host; he's also a hivemind and maybe knows something he shouldn't about your oc. When your oc agrees to be interviewed on the show, or maybe just turns the TV on at the wrong moment, they find themselves Very Involved with him, for better or worse. - [u]Card Sharks:[/u] One of my ocs is a sea monster who just isn't keen on helping with the family empire; he'd rather be a gaming legend with a big portfolio of collectible TCG cards! Thing is, your oc has a shiny piece of cardboard that he really, [i]really[/i] wants... - [u]Escape Room:[/u] Two complete strangers, also known as our ocs, are stuck in an escape room, and the owner appears to have passed out after the -somewhat dodgy-looking deer head imported from a suspicious country of your choice- fell off the wall and clobbered them. Without a safe word out, can our ocs solve all the puzzles and make it out of the room? And what will they learn about each other in the process? (This would be a classic puzzle gauntlet, with rp and potentially a romantic relationship. We would take it in turns to come up with the puzzles and have some kind of 'I give up' system in there, obviously.) [/quote] And, just to repeat 'em here! I don't mean to cause offence or anything, but please don't ask me to rp if: [quote=the Big Nahs] - you're under 18 - you want not-PG stuff (gore, anything nsfw - I have a fear of strong bloody content! Horror and me doesn't go very well at all.) - you don't have a writing sample - you don't want to use Discord[/quote] Whew! If you made it through all that, this one's for you. [center][img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AgedFlawlessAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif[/img][/center]
Not all the ideas I have or all I'd consider, but a few wilder things to get you thinking...

cat-paws-playing-pattycake.gif
Ideas Corner wrote:

- Friendly McFriend's Very Good Not Bad Show: One of my ocs is a fairly hyperactive TV host; he's also a hivemind and maybe knows something he shouldn't about your oc. When your oc agrees to be interviewed on the show, or maybe just turns the TV on at the wrong moment, they find themselves Very Involved with him, for better or worse.

- Card Sharks: One of my ocs is a sea monster who just isn't keen on helping with the family empire; he'd rather be a gaming legend with a big portfolio of collectible TCG cards! Thing is, your oc has a shiny piece of cardboard that he really, really wants...

- Escape Room: Two complete strangers, also known as our ocs, are stuck in an escape room, and the owner appears to have passed out after the -somewhat dodgy-looking deer head imported from a suspicious country of your choice- fell off the wall and clobbered them. Without a safe word out, can our ocs solve all the puzzles and make it out of the room? And what will they learn about each other in the process?

(This would be a classic puzzle gauntlet, with rp and potentially a romantic relationship. We would take it in turns to come up with the puzzles and have some kind of 'I give up' system in there, obviously.)

And, just to repeat 'em here! I don't mean to cause offence or anything, but please don't ask me to rp if:

the Big Nahs wrote:
- you're under 18

- you want not-PG stuff (gore, anything nsfw - I have a fear of strong bloody content! Horror and me doesn't go very well at all.)

- you don't have a writing sample

- you don't want to use Discord

Whew! If you made it through all that, this one's for you.
AgedFlawlessAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif
Dear IKTR: Fandragons are in my den! Sometimes there's a few stragglers in my lair.
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
YUGIOH DM

Yo. Yo. Yoooo I may not be the person you're looking for but you've got me all!!!! I've got fandragons and all.

Free bump, lots luck finding an rp partner!
YUGIOH DM

Yo. Yo. Yoooo I may not be the person you're looking for but you've got me all!!!! I've got fandragons and all.

Free bump, lots luck finding an rp partner!
GDNAFKM.pngja7LBPj.pngRIcFGhS.png
@hawketh

Yoo! YGO DM is like, my first and forever fandom. I couldn't not put it in there, it's a great setting and I like all the characters very much. It's honestly kind of wild how well characters like Bakura and Kaiba have held up over the years. And the monster designs are?? They're really A++.

Show me your fandragons! I've got some fandragons of DM monsters, and whatever this tab is. I keep meaning to make some DM character fandragons too, but I never quite get there. :'D
@hawketh

Yoo! YGO DM is like, my first and forever fandom. I couldn't not put it in there, it's a great setting and I like all the characters very much. It's honestly kind of wild how well characters like Bakura and Kaiba have held up over the years. And the monster designs are?? They're really A++.

Show me your fandragons! I've got some fandragons of DM monsters, and whatever this tab is. I keep meaning to make some DM character fandragons too, but I never quite get there. :'D
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
I SAW!!! NGL having all three versions of Ra made me go !!!!!!!! and your entire Slifer collection, oh hekey they're great! The moment I read your siggy I went to snoop lol and wildclaw Blue Eyes!! Excellent choice across the board [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49382262][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/493823/49382262_350.png[/img][/url] I got Atem, and I'm working on DMG but :') treasure is an elusive friend
I SAW!!!

NGL having all three versions of Ra made me go !!!!!!!! and your entire Slifer collection, oh hekey they're great! The moment I read your siggy I went to snoop lol and wildclaw Blue Eyes!! Excellent choice across the board

49382262_350.png

I got Atem, and I'm working on DMG but :') treasure is an elusive friend

@hawketh

Atem doesn't just look hip, he has a really cool bio too! I love the coding, and the writing on it is just chef's kiss tbh. That's a lot of seasons/manga chapters summed up beautifully. You should PM me DMG dragon when you finish her, I'd be keen to read the bio. ;)

Good luck with yer lineage project, too! I'd offer to partner, but I don't think I'm what you're after - I do have FR clan lore and have RPed with dragon clans before, but my lore really is Manly Mangenta Mans and Big Bro Gyms. And aliens. Not really the best fit for high fantasy lore?
@hawketh

Atem doesn't just look hip, he has a really cool bio too! I love the coding, and the writing on it is just chef's kiss tbh. That's a lot of seasons/manga chapters summed up beautifully. You should PM me DMG dragon when you finish her, I'd be keen to read the bio. ;)

Good luck with yer lineage project, too! I'd offer to partner, but I don't think I'm what you're after - I do have FR clan lore and have RPed with dragon clans before, but my lore really is Manly Mangenta Mans and Big Bro Gyms. And aliens. Not really the best fit for high fantasy lore?
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
Thank you! Thank you so much ;_; you're really kind, and hey, the mancave deserves all the love. I'm here for Unabled, and Unabled only. Hour clans just a feast for the eyes!

Also hey speaking of those blue eyed wildclaws, you ever think of having four and then exalting one

Seriously though you've made my day, and I hope you find someone fun to nerd out with

Thank you! Thank you so much ;_; you're really kind, and hey, the mancave deserves all the love. I'm here for Unabled, and Unabled only. Hour clans just a feast for the eyes!

Also hey speaking of those blue eyed wildclaws, you ever think of having four and then exalting one

Seriously though you've made my day, and I hope you find someone fun to nerd out with

Hello, I am interested! the long RP's with multiple paras and getting D20's involved is right up my alley! I also prefer OC RPing, and If you RP with me it wouldn't be with any of the fandoms you listed. Your interests and preferences look good to me, only I am uncomfortable roleplaying any romance that goes beyond hand-holding and blushing XP. I am also uncomfortable with "spiritual" magic (Witches, fortune-telling, etc.). I would like to come up with a scenario together, but the Dragon Dancers prompt looks fun too!

I am in America in Central Daylight Time, and I am 18 years old.
'
Here is my writing sample, a MLP fanfic featuring my OC who works at "pony starbucks"

" Iridessa yawns walking over to the cafe where she works, the morning sun just high enough to catch her eye. She squints and resents having the early shift that day

The day before she had the late shift, which was probably an unfortunate scheduling mistake. Some could say her manger had it out for her, or simply didn’t care- but Iridessa knew the guy. He’s not like that. At least she didn’t have the opening shift, that would be hell

Upon reaching the building, she noticed a short line of ponies at the counter, and a few ponies at seats enjoying some coffee and baked goods

Then she zeroes in on a purple unicorn in the corner, holding a quill in their mustard yellow magic. They’re so deeply invested in whatever their writing, their face keeps changing expressions every 5 seconds, no doubt reacting to whatever the scene is, or maybe what the characters’ face is

They’re always here, she thinks in amusement. They always order the same thing, too. A peppermint mocha with a blueberry scone and chocolate donut holes. She worries for their health a little

Despite always seeing them, she hasn’t really talked to them. Iridessa has always been a quiet pony, and has never had a lot of friends. The teal colored earth pony chuckles to herself at the irony ‘the friendless pony living in a town with the princess of friendship’

She shakes her head at her own joke, only a little sad.

She walks over and round to the counter, where a slightly flustered red Pegasus stallion stands as barista. She only remembers his name, Crimson Trail, because his name matched his coat color. Not that she can talk, her name being a reference to her iridescent mane.

“And do you want that in tall, venti, or grande” she hears her coworker say as they briefly make eye contact. Looking away quickly she once again feels guilt over not ever saying more then 5 words a day to him. Too busy thinking of all the bad ways any possible interaction could go, she supposed.
Continuing to the door behind the behind the counter, Iridessa entered the employee locker room. It was a small dimly lit room with dark green walls. ‘I keep telling Rose to fix that light’ she thinks absentmindedly as she opens her locker and grabs her apron and hat.

Of her 3 coworkers, Grape Rose is probably the closest Iridessa feels to. She’s a quiet, kind earth pony mare who never makes Iridessa feel like she’s an idiot. She doesn’t speak much, and their shifts together are usually filled with companionable silence. She just sort of clicked with her. Despite that, once again in her life Iridessa fails to take the next step, and their relationship has never extended beyond that.

Iridessa tied her apron where it met at her withers and donned her hat. Time for another day at work.

She went to the drive-through window and tag teamed out with her 3rd coworker, a pink earth pony named Peppermint Tea. He nodded at her as he gave her the headphones, long since having given up at small talk with her.

Iridessa almost misses those days, but she reminds herself he would’ve just been like any pony she tried to make friends with as a filly. Sure it seems fine at first, with the pleasantries and “getting to know each other”, but then as soon as she feels comfortable- as soon as she feels safe to be herself- BAM. Suddenly she’s “weird” and “talking too much”

She steels herself and puts her mind to work.

The next few hours aren’t anything special, just work. It’s at the end of her shift that something happens " END

message me if you're interested! :)
Hello, I am interested! the long RP's with multiple paras and getting D20's involved is right up my alley! I also prefer OC RPing, and If you RP with me it wouldn't be with any of the fandoms you listed. Your interests and preferences look good to me, only I am uncomfortable roleplaying any romance that goes beyond hand-holding and blushing XP. I am also uncomfortable with "spiritual" magic (Witches, fortune-telling, etc.). I would like to come up with a scenario together, but the Dragon Dancers prompt looks fun too!

I am in America in Central Daylight Time, and I am 18 years old.
'
Here is my writing sample, a MLP fanfic featuring my OC who works at "pony starbucks"

" Iridessa yawns walking over to the cafe where she works, the morning sun just high enough to catch her eye. She squints and resents having the early shift that day

The day before she had the late shift, which was probably an unfortunate scheduling mistake. Some could say her manger had it out for her, or simply didn’t care- but Iridessa knew the guy. He’s not like that. At least she didn’t have the opening shift, that would be hell

Upon reaching the building, she noticed a short line of ponies at the counter, and a few ponies at seats enjoying some coffee and baked goods

Then she zeroes in on a purple unicorn in the corner, holding a quill in their mustard yellow magic. They’re so deeply invested in whatever their writing, their face keeps changing expressions every 5 seconds, no doubt reacting to whatever the scene is, or maybe what the characters’ face is

They’re always here, she thinks in amusement. They always order the same thing, too. A peppermint mocha with a blueberry scone and chocolate donut holes. She worries for their health a little

Despite always seeing them, she hasn’t really talked to them. Iridessa has always been a quiet pony, and has never had a lot of friends. The teal colored earth pony chuckles to herself at the irony ‘the friendless pony living in a town with the princess of friendship’

She shakes her head at her own joke, only a little sad.

She walks over and round to the counter, where a slightly flustered red Pegasus stallion stands as barista. She only remembers his name, Crimson Trail, because his name matched his coat color. Not that she can talk, her name being a reference to her iridescent mane.

“And do you want that in tall, venti, or grande” she hears her coworker say as they briefly make eye contact. Looking away quickly she once again feels guilt over not ever saying more then 5 words a day to him. Too busy thinking of all the bad ways any possible interaction could go, she supposed.
Continuing to the door behind the behind the counter, Iridessa entered the employee locker room. It was a small dimly lit room with dark green walls. ‘I keep telling Rose to fix that light’ she thinks absentmindedly as she opens her locker and grabs her apron and hat.

Of her 3 coworkers, Grape Rose is probably the closest Iridessa feels to. She’s a quiet, kind earth pony mare who never makes Iridessa feel like she’s an idiot. She doesn’t speak much, and their shifts together are usually filled with companionable silence. She just sort of clicked with her. Despite that, once again in her life Iridessa fails to take the next step, and their relationship has never extended beyond that.

Iridessa tied her apron where it met at her withers and donned her hat. Time for another day at work.

She went to the drive-through window and tag teamed out with her 3rd coworker, a pink earth pony named Peppermint Tea. He nodded at her as he gave her the headphones, long since having given up at small talk with her.

Iridessa almost misses those days, but she reminds herself he would’ve just been like any pony she tried to make friends with as a filly. Sure it seems fine at first, with the pleasantries and “getting to know each other”, but then as soon as she feels comfortable- as soon as she feels safe to be herself- BAM. Suddenly she’s “weird” and “talking too much”

She steels herself and puts her mind to work.

The next few hours aren’t anything special, just work. It’s at the end of her shift that something happens " END

message me if you're interested! :)
lMoMteR.png
@BellsDracona Hey, just wanted to say thanks for offering~ Sorry I took a little bit as well, I've had several assignments all due at once. :'D I don't think I'm the right pick for you, though. While not all my ocs have powers, I do like paranormal happenings in plots, and a fair amount of that can come off as occult-y (curses, ghosts, magic, etc). I don't want to make you uncomfy down the line because I added a plot point or arc that you weren't 100% down with, if that makes sense. Best of luck finding someone! [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/b324d8e1d50b853f47e03fba64b6a2b0/tumblr_ozvvshtpXS1vb46leo1_400.gif[/img]
@BellsDracona

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for offering~ Sorry I took a little bit as well, I've had several assignments all due at once. :'D

I don't think I'm the right pick for you, though. While not all my ocs have powers, I do like paranormal happenings in plots, and a fair amount of that can come off as occult-y (curses, ghosts, magic, etc). I don't want to make you uncomfy down the line because I added a plot point or arc that you weren't 100% down with, if that makes sense.

Best of luck finding someone!

tumblr_ozvvshtpXS1vb46leo1_400.gif
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
Okay, thank you for your consideration :) I hope you find someone as well!
Okay, thank you for your consideration :) I hope you find someone as well!
lMoMteR.png
1 2