Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Have you ever hunted down old dragons?
1 2 3
[center]getting back into flightrising in the past few months, i've been hunting down a few dragons i used to have and i gave away or sold before i stopped playing a few years ago. i'm up to a few, i check in every once in a while to see if these dragons get moved to sales tabs. the ones i've went for have been sucessful! i was just curious how many other people have done this, and i wanted to share something cool that happened regarding it. i was looking for interesting dragons at about 15g, and one of them looked strangely familiar. i checked it out and turns out my old username was in the dragon bio- i've never purchased something so fast. here she is! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/45791722][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/457918/45791722_350.png[/img][/url] but yeah! i was just curious if anyone else has had good luck finding their previous dragons like this :]
getting back into flightrising in the past few months, i've been hunting down a few dragons i used to have and i gave away or sold before i stopped playing a few years ago. i'm up to a few, i check in every once in a while to see if these dragons get moved to sales tabs. the ones i've went for have been sucessful! i was just curious how many other people have done this, and i wanted to share something cool that happened regarding it.

i was looking for interesting dragons at about 15g, and one of them looked strangely familiar. i checked it out and turns out my old username was in the dragon bio- i've never purchased something so fast. here she is!

45791722_350.png

but yeah! i was just curious if anyone else has had good luck finding their previous dragons like this :]
CDZsGNI.pnggenderfluid_flag.pngM8iaT63.png
No don't think so, but I have had a couple players thank me saying they were happy their old dragon was in my lair and not exalted. Very interesting when someone who used to have a dragon in their lair contacts you, because its hard to know the history of a dragon who you haven't had since they hatched.

I recently reached out to what appears to be a dead account attempting to get back a dragon I regret selling, but I doubt I will get a reply because they have been inactive for around a year.

One interesting thing I learned a long time ago is that if you enter a dragon's id into a forum search, you can find anywhere they were posted. So if your dragon's old lair frequented the dragonshare forum you might get a little insight into their old lore or outfits by reading the descriptions of the dragons. You can also sometimes figure out if they came from a hatchery or if they were ever posted on find-a-dragon or dragons for sale.
No don't think so, but I have had a couple players thank me saying they were happy their old dragon was in my lair and not exalted. Very interesting when someone who used to have a dragon in their lair contacts you, because its hard to know the history of a dragon who you haven't had since they hatched.

I recently reached out to what appears to be a dead account attempting to get back a dragon I regret selling, but I doubt I will get a reply because they have been inactive for around a year.

One interesting thing I learned a long time ago is that if you enter a dragon's id into a forum search, you can find anywhere they were posted. So if your dragon's old lair frequented the dragonshare forum you might get a little insight into their old lore or outfits by reading the descriptions of the dragons. You can also sometimes figure out if they came from a hatchery or if they were ever posted on find-a-dragon or dragons for sale.
I will put something here eventually.
I only searched once for an old dragon and managed to get it back tho sadly the lore I sold it with was re written... and of course I forgot to save it...
I only searched once for an old dragon and managed to get it back tho sadly the lore I sold it with was re written... and of course I forgot to save it...
for sale ->. 78075389.png . 79695285.png . 76605495.png . h0FvtF4.gif
. a8c063aef9f53261a2a517c21c5372bd8a51ae1c.png . 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
I've tried. I contacted a few of them, but I only got one not so old G1 back.
I've tried. I contacted a few of them, but I only got one not so old G1 back.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I've looked up my prior dragons before, but not to purchase. Just more so out of curiosity. I think it's an interesting idea though to find a couple and bring them back to the lair, especially since I'm into clan lore - I wonder how the clan would react to seeing old faces?? :D I might have to hunt one or two down.

Thanks for the inspiration! And Naomi is such a beauty <3
I've looked up my prior dragons before, but not to purchase. Just more so out of curiosity. I think it's an interesting idea though to find a couple and bring them back to the lair, especially since I'm into clan lore - I wonder how the clan would react to seeing old faces?? :D I might have to hunt one or two down.

Thanks for the inspiration! And Naomi is such a beauty <3
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

female · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
Not intentionally- but one time a long time ago i was browsing the AH and saw a dragon that looked weirdly familiar, and their name rung a bell as well. Clicked on them and it turned out to be a dragon that used to belong to someone in a really old FR group i was in. How do i know this for sure, you might ask? The dragon still had the art i made for it way back then. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25697224][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/256973/25697224_350.png[/img][/url]
Not intentionally- but one time a long time ago i was browsing the AH and saw a dragon that looked weirdly familiar, and their name rung a bell as well. Clicked on them and it turned out to be a dragon that used to belong to someone in a really old FR group i was in. How do i know this for sure, you might ask? The dragon still had the art i made for it way back then.
25697224_350.png
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
No.

Partly bc I've never taken a hiatus and partly bc if I'm getting rid of a dragon it's bc I no longer want it back or it's a hatchery pair's nest.

Most of the time if I do a clean out I end up exalting the dragons instead of even trying to sell bc leveling and exalting is much faster than hoping they sell w/o taking months or something. So not a ton of my old dragons are out there.
No.

Partly bc I've never taken a hiatus and partly bc if I'm getting rid of a dragon it's bc I no longer want it back or it's a hatchery pair's nest.

Most of the time if I do a clean out I end up exalting the dragons instead of even trying to sell bc leveling and exalting is much faster than hoping they sell w/o taking months or something. So not a ton of my old dragons are out there.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
It wasn't intentional, but I happened to be looking at Green/Red/Yellow dragons since I used to collect and breed them a lot. Wasn't a particularly common colour scheme way back when, still isn't now. Happened to see this Coatl being sold with the parents "Gabriel" and "Mai". I remembered way back when I owned two dragons of those names so I checked. Yep, two dragons I exalted ages ago. The Coatl I found was their only unexalted offspring of the two of them! So I bought him (and told the prior owner the story). Wad fun finding him again! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/11409311][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/114094/11409311_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
It wasn't intentional, but I happened to be looking at Green/Red/Yellow dragons since I used to collect and breed them a lot. Wasn't a particularly common colour scheme way back when, still isn't now.

Happened to see this Coatl being sold with the parents "Gabriel" and "Mai". I remembered way back when I owned two dragons of those names so I checked. Yep, two dragons I exalted ages ago. The Coatl I found was their only unexalted offspring of the two of them! So I bought him (and told the prior owner the story). Wad fun finding him again!
11409311_350.png
I didn’t hunt her down, but I was looking for a dragon for a specific lore purpose. When I found the perfect dragon, she turned out to be a dragon I had previously bought, gened, and then resold! Two gem genes and a breed change later, and here’s [b]Pixel[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57345541][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/573456/57345541_350.png[/img][/url]
I didn’t hunt her down, but I was looking for a dragon for a specific lore purpose. When I found the perfect dragon, she turned out to be a dragon I had previously bought, gened, and then resold! Two gem genes and a breed change later, and here’s Pixel:

57345541_350.png
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
Way back before the colorwheel expansion, I'm looking for fodder and I see a triple Leaf dragon. Since I bred dragons exclusively in the green-range (XXXs were more rare back then), I click on it to see about adding her to my breeding pairs, and I recognize the parents names! She's the sister to the one hatchling I kept from that pair! I had to buy her. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/4433645][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/44337/4433645_350.png[/img][/url] She had been gone for a year and a half, and now she's home to stay. I did look for my progens' first kids (which I regret breeding for and selling) but they and all subsequent hatchlings are exalted.
Way back before the colorwheel expansion, I'm looking for fodder and I see a triple Leaf dragon. Since I bred dragons exclusively in the green-range (XXXs were more rare back then), I click on it to see about adding her to my breeding pairs, and I recognize the parents names! She's the sister to the one hatchling I kept from that pair! I had to buy her.

4433645_350.png

She had been gone for a year and a half, and now she's home to stay.

I did look for my progens' first kids (which I regret breeding for and selling) but they and all subsequent hatchlings are exalted.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
1 2 3