Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Marketplace Skins
So maybe this was mentioned in one of the staff announcement posts but I missed it.

Now that we have the grand exchange, what's happening with the skins tab in the marketplace? Is it just going to get phased out?
So maybe this was mentioned in one of the staff announcement posts but I missed it.

Now that we have the grand exchange, what's happening with the skins tab in the marketplace? Is it just going to get phased out?
257486_1462814308_banner.gif
There were a few skin competition way back in the day that resulted in some skins within the Gem MP slots. Perhaps they'll do something of that nature again?
There were a few skin competition way back in the day that resulted in some skins within the Gem MP slots. Perhaps they'll do something of that nature again?
uCR5SCW.png
For now we are keeping the marketplace skin tab in place.

1. We wanted to have it still in place in case another hiccup happened like with Thundercrack and dom discount so we have a backup.

2. We want to wait a bit and ensure that no other holiday or situation would require skins stock in the treasure marketplace.

3. The grand exchange is still due for some QOL updates, so it's a bit hasty to remove features from the MP before we're fully satisfied with GE

If it sits unused for a sufficient length of time and we discover we really have no use for it at all, then we'll look at removing the skins tab down the line. For now, I acknowledge that at this time there is seemingly no use for it and we are looking at whether or not we want to keep the tab intact. In the meantime it's doing no harm aside from taking up some tab real-estate. :)

1. We wanted to have it still in place in case another hiccup happened like with Thundercrack and dom discount so we have a backup.

2. We want to wait a bit and ensure that no other holiday or situation would require skins stock in the treasure marketplace.

3. The grand exchange is still due for some QOL updates, so it's a bit hasty to remove features from the MP before we're fully satisfied with GE

If it sits unused for a sufficient length of time and we discover we really have no use for it at all, then we'll look at removing the skins tab down the line. For now, I acknowledge that at this time there is seemingly no use for it and we are looking at whether or not we want to keep the tab intact. In the meantime it's doing no harm aside from taking up some tab real-estate. :)
[center][quote name="Undel" date="2022-08-28 22:18:15" ] For now we are keeping the marketplace skin tab in place. 1. We wanted to have it still in place in case another hiccup happened like with Thundercrack and dom discount so we have a backup. 2. We want to wait a bit and ensure that no other holiday or situation would require skins stock in the treasure marketplace. 3. The grand exchange is still due for some QOL updates, so it's a bit hasty to remove features from the MP before we're fully satisfied with GE If it sits unused for a sufficient length of time and we discover we really have no use for it at all, then we'll look at removing the skins tab down the line. For now, I acknowledge that at this time there is seemingly no use for it and we are looking at whether or not we want to keep the tab intact. In the meantime it's doing no harm aside from taking up some tab real-estate. :) [/quote] [img]https://c.tenor.com/sP4SQzZ4I1AAAAAM/minecraft-free-real-estate.gif[/img][/center]
Undel wrote on 2022-08-28 22:18:15:

minecraft-free-real-estate.gif
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
Wah, I hope we see the return of some skins for treasure! It'd be nice to have some possibly seasonally circulating skins- they could be user-submitted and new ones could be added each season- in occurrence with the cycling of the vistas/breeze/scenes, or just thematic yearly contests that throw a few extra in every so often- with seasonal, non-user submitted ones relegated to the gem marketplace.

In general it'd be nice to have some more not-element themed- yet readily available skins for people. You could even offer some simple apparels as skins for ancient breeds (Stuff like the Marva sweaters or jewelry set, with recolors) That way things wouldn't feel 'too special' and take away from skin sellers.

Just some two cents thrown about, it'd be nice to see more official skins. Also I want to see April fools day Akiri skins that scribble on my dragons.
Wah, I hope we see the return of some skins for treasure! It'd be nice to have some possibly seasonally circulating skins- they could be user-submitted and new ones could be added each season- in occurrence with the cycling of the vistas/breeze/scenes, or just thematic yearly contests that throw a few extra in every so often- with seasonal, non-user submitted ones relegated to the gem marketplace.

In general it'd be nice to have some more not-element themed- yet readily available skins for people. You could even offer some simple apparels as skins for ancient breeds (Stuff like the Marva sweaters or jewelry set, with recolors) That way things wouldn't feel 'too special' and take away from skin sellers.

Just some two cents thrown about, it'd be nice to see more official skins. Also I want to see April fools day Akiri skins that scribble on my dragons.
She/He
Pan - Poly
Drew / Lemons
1tpb8sw.gif
Omg will we really never see the old site skins again? :(
Omg will we really never see the old site skins again? :(
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Any chance of adding the icons for hoard, equiped, etc to the new festive favors layout? It's really useful.
Any chance of adding the icons for hoard, equiped, etc to the new festive favors layout? It's really useful.
rsz_1picsart_12-23-065716.jpg
[quote name="Rowtree" date="2022-08-31 21:07:32" ] Any chance of adding the icons for hoard, equiped, etc to the new festive favors layout? It's really useful. [/quote] I second this ^^
Rowtree wrote on 2022-08-31 21:07:32:

I second this ^^
lckqq6P.png