Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Most intense dom battles?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][emoji=treasure size=1] plague vs nature, the stuff i've seen exalted..[/center]

plague vs nature, the stuff i've seen exalted..
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
Either plague v nature or Lightning v wind!
Either plague v nature or Lightning v wind!
9BcJXjq.png
Modern battles aren't really what old battles were like, back when it wasn't absurdly expensive to have real proper battles. I wasn't really into dom back then, but I do remember the last Battle of the Bay. I think it was back and forth for awhile, but ended up being a disappointing loss for us.

I remember looking forward to being able to retake Starwind Bay the next year, but it the next BotB never came.
Modern battles aren't really what old battles were like, back when it wasn't absurdly expensive to have real proper battles. I wasn't really into dom back then, but I do remember the last Battle of the Bay. I think it was back and forth for awhile, but ended up being a disappointing loss for us.

I remember looking forward to being able to retake Starwind Bay the next year, but it the next BotB never came.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
@Aserein

Why's it more expensive?
@Aserein

Why's it more expensive?
9BcJXjq.png
@HeartsofIron

Disclaimer: I am not the most well-versed player on flight rising economics or dominance in general so my grasp on the concept is a little vague.

It mostly has to do with how outdated the dominance mechanic is. Smaller flights can win dominance far more easily than larger flights, you may have noticed that Earth is consistently in the top three— even when they aren’t trying. This makes dom battles extremely unbalanced unless you’ve got two flights who are similarly sized. Back in the day, flights were a little more equally proportioned.

The other main factor is that most people have figured out that you can profit a lot from a dom battle as long as you aren't trying to win. People from outside flights can raise the fodder floor extremely high, and players participating in the battle have to buy at those prices to sustain the effort. As more players realize how much they can profit by not participating, there are fewer players who are willing to take the loss of buying such expensive fodder even when their flight is involved in the battle. Which means you have fewer people committed to the effort, which makes it more expensive for the ones who do commit. Creating a vicious, very expensive cycle.

It’s why we don’t have nearly as many dom battles as we used to, flights tend to go more for profit pushes, where they just push to get as much money as they can, instead of winning.

Edit: typo
@HeartsofIron

Disclaimer: I am not the most well-versed player on flight rising economics or dominance in general so my grasp on the concept is a little vague.

It mostly has to do with how outdated the dominance mechanic is. Smaller flights can win dominance far more easily than larger flights, you may have noticed that Earth is consistently in the top three— even when they aren’t trying. This makes dom battles extremely unbalanced unless you’ve got two flights who are similarly sized. Back in the day, flights were a little more equally proportioned.

The other main factor is that most people have figured out that you can profit a lot from a dom battle as long as you aren't trying to win. People from outside flights can raise the fodder floor extremely high, and players participating in the battle have to buy at those prices to sustain the effort. As more players realize how much they can profit by not participating, there are fewer players who are willing to take the loss of buying such expensive fodder even when their flight is involved in the battle. Which means you have fewer people committed to the effort, which makes it more expensive for the ones who do commit. Creating a vicious, very expensive cycle.

It’s why we don’t have nearly as many dom battles as we used to, flights tend to go more for profit pushes, where they just push to get as much money as they can, instead of winning.

Edit: typo

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
Nature vs. Plague that happened recently was a very intense one I witnessed. Was very fun. Fodder floor rose to like 30g for a few minutes near the end.
Nature vs. Plague that happened recently was a very intense one I witnessed. Was very fun. Fodder floor rose to like 30g for a few minutes near the end.
I will put something here eventually.
The Battle Royale during the early years of the game. Literally every single flight was fighting for top spot all at once.

It was fantastic, there were badges, war chants, and we only did it once. I don't recall who won. It may have been Ice or Light, as they were the powerhouse flights at the time.
The Battle Royale during the early years of the game. Literally every single flight was fighting for top spot all at once.

It was fantastic, there were badges, war chants, and we only did it once. I don't recall who won. It may have been Ice or Light, as they were the powerhouse flights at the time.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
cant speak for the most recent years at all but i still remember plague vs light in 2016, back then when i participated in the light dom days haha i think we managed to flip the board at last within like the last eight hours or so, it got really intense. from some glimpses i've gathered the dom environment has quite changed the past few years.
cant speak for the most recent years at all but i still remember plague vs light in 2016, back then when i participated in the light dom days haha i think we managed to flip the board at last within like the last eight hours or so, it got really intense. from some glimpses i've gathered the dom environment has quite changed the past few years.
Gammass.gif
Apparently arcane v plague broke the ah? But i wasn't there.
Apparently arcane v plague broke the ah? But i wasn't there.
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
BjMvLeY.png(non-fodder) dergs from u are safe with me!
feXtM27.pngarcane is the best. Change my mind. (clan lore)
7c8ZUEs.png lore, art and more!
wishlist
battle for the bay (wind v arcane) used to be a lot of fun. also whenever light/plague/ice would push against each other back in the day.
battle for the bay (wind v arcane) used to be a lot of fun. also whenever light/plague/ice would push against each other back in the day.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
1 2 3 4 5 6