Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | older players, what's your favorite
1 2 3
My favorite additions to the color wheel were the new orange and yellow/gold hues! Before, we only had a handful of orange and yellow colors to breed for, so itt was a much welcomed (and needed) addition in my opinion! I still think about how excited I was to know that saffron, marigold flaxen were being added to the color wheel! Sanguine continues to be a "new" color I have a strong fondness for. [emoji=heart size=1]
My favorite additions to the color wheel were the new orange and yellow/gold hues! Before, we only had a handful of orange and yellow colors to breed for, so itt was a much welcomed (and needed) addition in my opinion! I still think about how excited I was to know that saffron, marigold flaxen were being added to the color wheel!

Sanguine continues to be a "new" color I have a strong fondness for.
MUYNhfy.png
mTAp2ld.png
u6ZPWxO.png
zzLpW3R.png
gUe2de3.png
FR Artist
Tumblr
f3JUYSL.png
Carrot, Terracotta, Bronze, Copper, Tarnish, Abyss.
Carrot, Terracotta, Bronze, Copper, Tarnish, Abyss.
PEAR i am so infinitely grateful for pear. and all the green colors near it for that matter. and also that delicious expanded brown range we got. don't know what i'd do without them tbh

...metals though? metals is bad. and the seafoam change is bad too :(
PEAR i am so infinitely grateful for pear. and all the green colors near it for that matter. and also that delicious expanded brown range we got. don't know what i'd do without them tbh

bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="saltypie" date="2022-08-22 03:58:33" ] I got here nearly two years ago so all these colors are pretty normal to me, was there any colors that caused some backlash? I'd imagine some breeding projects got harder or pairs got pretty weird looking. [/quote] @saltypie From my memory the majority of people loved the expansion, but there's bitterness over some broken pairs. For example, if you check the offspring of my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3575543]Spica [/url]/ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3247431]Ecstarial[/url] pair you'll see the earlier offspring had a red-yellow-green secondary range, and it flipped to green-blue-purple-greys after the expansion (personally I don't mind though). They also updated the shadow colour and some accents, which made some colours look different. I made a comparison [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3156186/1]here[/url]. Seafoam is the common complaint. You also got interesting things like how the Sky accent got changed, or how Spring originally had a wing colour that didn't match the primary. [quote name="Charias" date="2022-08-21 23:14:43" ] Least favourite... brick. Why does brick exist. [/quote] May I present to you a whipped ice cream brick dragon? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53370603][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/533707/53370603.png[/img][/url] ---- Best, clearly cinnamon. Though to be honest, even disregarding the mandatory joke I legitimately love this colour [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Pearl is gorgeous. I love Eldritch. So many good browns and oranges. Sunset, cantaloupe, marigold! Crocodile, moss, murk! Pthalo! Mist! Least fav... to be honest, there's no colour I dislike. Metals can be hard to work with, but it's also so fun! Maybe sapphire. It's way too saturated and dark.
saltypie wrote on 2022-08-22 03:58:33:
I got here nearly two years ago so all these colors are pretty normal to me, was there any colors that caused some backlash? I'd imagine some breeding projects got harder or pairs got pretty weird looking.
@saltypie
From my memory the majority of people loved the expansion, but there's bitterness over some broken pairs. For example, if you check the offspring of my Spica / Ecstarial pair you'll see the earlier offspring had a red-yellow-green secondary range, and it flipped to green-blue-purple-greys after the expansion (personally I don't mind though).

They also updated the shadow colour and some accents, which made some colours look different. I made a comparison here. Seafoam is the common complaint. You also got interesting things like how the Sky accent got changed, or how Spring originally had a wing colour that didn't match the primary.

Charias wrote on 2022-08-21 23:14:43:
Least favourite... brick. Why does brick exist.

May I present to you a whipped ice cream brick dragon?

53370603.png

----

Best, clearly cinnamon. Though to be honest, even disregarding the mandatory joke I legitimately love this colour

Pearl is gorgeous. I love Eldritch. So many good browns and oranges. Sunset, cantaloupe, marigold! Crocodile, moss, murk! Pthalo! Mist!

Least fav... to be honest, there's no colour I dislike. Metals can be hard to work with, but it's also so fun! Maybe sapphire. It's way too saturated and dark.
I have too many favorite new additions. Mint would definitely be a top contender, Sanddollar, Pearl, Abyss, Cerulean, Robin, Oilslick, Umber, Copper, Tarnish, Blush, Cottoncandy, Grapefruit, Antique… I think those are probably be my absolute favorites, off the top of my head.

Least favorite change was probably Maize— with Seafoam I miss the old one but I find the new version easier to work with in new dragons because I like the accent colors, whereas Maize I struggle a bit with the accent colors because they don't really mesh with the more mellow and less bright Maize I still have in my head.
I have too many favorite new additions. Mint would definitely be a top contender, Sanddollar, Pearl, Abyss, Cerulean, Robin, Oilslick, Umber, Copper, Tarnish, Blush, Cottoncandy, Grapefruit, Antique… I think those are probably be my absolute favorites, off the top of my head.

Least favorite change was probably Maize— with Seafoam I miss the old one but I find the new version easier to work with in new dragons because I like the accent colors, whereas Maize I struggle a bit with the accent colors because they don't really mesh with the more mellow and less bright Maize I still have in my head.
[quote name="Limanya" date="2022-08-22 04:55:17" ] PEAR i am so infinitely grateful for pear. and all the green colors near it for that matter. and also that delicious expanded brown range we got. don't know what i'd do without them tbh ...metals though? metals is bad. and the seafoam change is bad too :( [/quote] [font=cambria]omg same hat. pear my beloved. metals my beloathed.
Limanya wrote on 2022-08-22 04:55:17:

omg same hat. pear my beloved. metals my beloathed.
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
the colour expansion was in 2016 but i still look at the colour wheel like ‘oh, one of the newer colours’

anyway bless antique, oilslick, metals, bronze, copper and tan for existing
the colour expansion was in 2016 but i still look at the colour wheel like ‘oh, one of the newer colours’

anyway bless antique, oilslick, metals, bronze, copper and tan for existing
rrSy9NF.gif
Robin. I didn't realize we were missing a Tiffany blue until it appeared.
Robin. I didn't realize we were missing a Tiffany blue until it appeared.
i use cherry and ruby a lot for secondaries/terts so prob those <3 also i tend 2 use mint, spruce, and fuchsia a lot. orca is perfect for mech dragons

of the colors i use the least.. i rly dont like sanguine or garnet. the reds r rly hit or miss to me. also shamrock is one of my least favorite colors on site lol sorry shamrock
i use cherry and ruby a lot for secondaries/terts so prob those <3 also i tend 2 use mint, spruce, and fuchsia a lot. orca is perfect for mech dragons

of the colors i use the least.. i rly dont like sanguine or garnet. the reds r rly hit or miss to me. also shamrock is one of my least favorite colors on site lol sorry shamrock
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
fav: antique, definitely. it's kinda just Lighter Beige but that's all it needs to be

least fav: wouldn't say i hate any of them but hickory is weakest link for me, at least as far as the brown range goes. that purple accent color is just ick and ruins a lot of otherwise nice g1s
fav: antique, definitely. it's kinda just Lighter Beige but that's all it needs to be

least fav: wouldn't say i hate any of them but hickory is weakest link for me, at least as far as the brown range goes. that purple accent color is just ick and ruins a lot of otherwise nice g1s
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
1 2 3