Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RNG and the Coli
I wish I had the numbers for how common certain things drop. Especially items and familiars, you know? Anyways. I was researching the Golem workshop, and apparently the bosses there are extremely rare drops! No shock, because like, boss, but still.

So I'm mucking around, testing the water. I was around when the golem workshop first dropped and let me tell you, I was underprepared and unaware of how solidly I'd get myself handed back to me. Never went back to the workshop for years. So I normally stick to grinding in the mire to raise exaltees. Fought hundreds of those wartoads. They're the worst. Never had a single one of them drop, in 8 years of grinding and exalting.

Having worked up enough breathe, I was pretty content to fight a boss in the GW. Lo and behold, my first Ice Borer (is that what it's called? I can't remember and I'm just a little too lazy to look it up) literally since the GW dropped. Everything goes to plan, I don't miss any of my rally'd elims, it goes down in 4 shots. Not bad. I'm pretty content.

But my question is, can somebody explain to me why it was the first familiar that dropped? This has to be insane luck, right? Like, what's the drop rate of the golems to like, unhatched eggs? Is it comparable, is it worse?

Anyways. Ice borer mine now?
I wish I had the numbers for how common certain things drop. Especially items and familiars, you know? Anyways. I was researching the Golem workshop, and apparently the bosses there are extremely rare drops! No shock, because like, boss, but still.

So I'm mucking around, testing the water. I was around when the golem workshop first dropped and let me tell you, I was underprepared and unaware of how solidly I'd get myself handed back to me. Never went back to the workshop for years. So I normally stick to grinding in the mire to raise exaltees. Fought hundreds of those wartoads. They're the worst. Never had a single one of them drop, in 8 years of grinding and exalting.

Having worked up enough breathe, I was pretty content to fight a boss in the GW. Lo and behold, my first Ice Borer (is that what it's called? I can't remember and I'm just a little too lazy to look it up) literally since the GW dropped. Everything goes to plan, I don't miss any of my rally'd elims, it goes down in 4 shots. Not bad. I'm pretty content.

But my question is, can somebody explain to me why it was the first familiar that dropped? This has to be insane luck, right? Like, what's the drop rate of the golems to like, unhatched eggs? Is it comparable, is it worse?

Anyways. Ice borer mine now?
tumblr_m6xdvx86E31rnf5opo7_500.gif
I mean, I got 3 eggs from the Woodland path before I got a Featherfoot Spingy- over the course of 9 days.... Rng is Questionable at best.
I mean, I got 3 eggs from the Woodland path before I got a Featherfoot Spingy- over the course of 9 days.... Rng is Questionable at best.
70699137p.png
  • Obsessed with being nice.
  • Likes positive attention
  • Delicate bat wing hoarder
@Skiafray

Well, I feel better about the drops now. I still haven't gotten the new mushroom spiders to drop.
@Skiafray

Well, I feel better about the drops now. I still haven't gotten the new mushroom spiders to drop.
tumblr_m6xdvx86E31rnf5opo7_500.gif
@BadHabits I'd wait until WW is over, since the Brave Sphinx and Battlelisk make the normal Woodland path enemies less common.
@BadHabits I'd wait until WW is over, since the Brave Sphinx and Battlelisk make the normal Woodland path enemies less common.
70699137p.png
  • Obsessed with being nice.
  • Likes positive attention
  • Delicate bat wing hoarder
[quote name="/Skiafray" date="2022-08-17 07:22:29" ] @BadHabits I'd wait until WW is over, since the Brave Sphinx and Battlelisk make the normal Woodland path enemies less common. [/quote] Explains why I get only 9kt worth of loot from Harpy's roost instead of 90kt [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1]
/Skiafray wrote on 2022-08-17 07:22:29:
Explains why I get only 9kt worth of loot from Harpy's roost instead of 90kt