Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Getting Back into the game
I used to be really active on here but the last four years I kinda went only checking in every 6 months. I'm trying to find some more excitement for it again but a little bit of a hard time coming up with stuff. I think I really used to enjoy the forum aspect of this site and the community based around it but I have lots of gening projects I was and maybe still am wanting to do.
What are things that you find enjoyable on site and please do talk about the holidays cause I always forget 'em.
I used to be really active on here but the last four years I kinda went only checking in every 6 months. I'm trying to find some more excitement for it again but a little bit of a hard time coming up with stuff. I think I really used to enjoy the forum aspect of this site and the community based around it but I have lots of gening projects I was and maybe still am wanting to do.
What are things that you find enjoyable on site and please do talk about the holidays cause I always forget 'em.
qb9pYzX.png
JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
Welcome back to the game!

Well currently it is the Warrior´s Way Holiday. You can get holiday currency via bonding with familiars, hatching dragons, the coliseum and other site features, and get new Items in the Grand Exchange.

What I Enjoy personally is writing lore, reading the Forum, and leveling my dragons to 25.
Welcome back to the game!

Well currently it is the Warrior´s Way Holiday. You can get holiday currency via bonding with familiars, hatching dragons, the coliseum and other site features, and get new Items in the Grand Exchange.

What I Enjoy personally is writing lore, reading the Forum, and leveling my dragons to 25.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
Personally I'm really enjoying playing my nuzlocke at the moment! It's a kind of challenge where you add rules to your game to make it harder -- like making it so dragons can die in the coli if they faint (if they die then you exalt them). It's a lot more fun than just grinding, for me at least! And it's fun to write lore about the trouble my dragons keep getting themselves into. :D

I also love collecting G1s a lot. Sometimes I buy them, sometimes I hatch my own! It's so satisfying to finish up a G1, and often you end up with a dragon that is totally unique (especially if you focus on XYZ G1s, which are usually cheaper too). Always love some weird colour combos!

There's a lot of stuff you can do on the site and lots of ways to make it more exciting, but I find you kinda have to set your own goals to make it fun. Playing randomly gets boring after a while (for me at least). Challenges and projects give you something to focus on and work towards!
Personally I'm really enjoying playing my nuzlocke at the moment! It's a kind of challenge where you add rules to your game to make it harder -- like making it so dragons can die in the coli if they faint (if they die then you exalt them). It's a lot more fun than just grinding, for me at least! And it's fun to write lore about the trouble my dragons keep getting themselves into. :D

I also love collecting G1s a lot. Sometimes I buy them, sometimes I hatch my own! It's so satisfying to finish up a G1, and often you end up with a dragon that is totally unique (especially if you focus on XYZ G1s, which are usually cheaper too). Always love some weird colour combos!

There's a lot of stuff you can do on the site and lots of ways to make it more exciting, but I find you kinda have to set your own goals to make it fun. Playing randomly gets boring after a while (for me at least). Challenges and projects give you something to focus on and work towards!
@TurkeyRaptor
Well, as someone who has gone on multiple year hiatuses before..

I got back into the game because having fun things to do every day, just working it into my routine, was nice. I'm really motivated by stuff that encourages you to check in daily or relatively often, so I enjoy just keeping the tab open and clicking over every once in a while to check my digs and baldwin.

I'd like to get much more active in the forums honestly, but when I do interact with other folks on this site, they tend to be friendly. The few times i've had hostile exchanges were either years ago or a recent event that I found to be pretty funny. My blocklist is practically nonexistent beyond one spammer and a user I had one too many disagreements with way back when I was fourteen lol. The community is just insanely creative, generous, and charming. It's something that keeps me coming back.

Aside from the community..

I am inexplicably attached to the collection of odd little customizable pngs i have accrued on this website. I legitimately cried when I believed that I had lost the first dragon I ever purchased. I've had her for six whole years. That's a lot. That's longer than my younger brother has been able to speak. Longer than my nephews have been alive.

In my head, all these little dragons have personalities and stories and lives of their own. They will all eventually be written down when I'm not busy with a trillion other things. The creative freedom to just say "This is Teeth he's an heir to an ancient bloodline. He collects teeth" and have no one correct me is what makes the site great. It's a core feature. It's the best feature. Almost everyone has someone like Teeth.

Holidays. They're just a fun little surprise to me, but they're a chance to snap up fun new accessories for the pngs that I have become inexplicably emotionally attached to. The apparel and skins and familiars are reasonably limited, but you always have a chance at the newer stuff from joxar. If you think the stuff is ugly, you don't have to buy or participate. If you love it, you can grind to buy a whole bunch of it to save up, either for your own little pixels or for someone else's. If you miss a holiday, you can buy the things you missed, albeit at a premium.

Which brings me to my final point. Dragon capitalism. I have been on this site for six years and i am not a rich man. That's because I have no idea how to save and I frequently make fun lil impulse purchases. But I do know how to Make money if I need it. I've had thousands of gems in my vault at a time before huge sprees. My brain just likes watching numbers go up. I like spending those numbers on pretty things for my pretty pixels. I like owning "exclusive" and "rare" stuff, because that's just what the human brain is like. I like showing off my dragons to other people and seeing other people's dragons.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just love this site. I've grown up with it, played it since I was thirteen. Even if some things get repetitive, the dev team always manages to bring in new features. My dragons have remained a source of joy, and I still find it mindboggling that you can make friends with a person over just a couple of interactions. That's always been a constant. Overall, it's where you find the fun that shapes your experience of the site. Community, art, trade, you name it.
@TurkeyRaptor
Well, as someone who has gone on multiple year hiatuses before..

I got back into the game because having fun things to do every day, just working it into my routine, was nice. I'm really motivated by stuff that encourages you to check in daily or relatively often, so I enjoy just keeping the tab open and clicking over every once in a while to check my digs and baldwin.

I'd like to get much more active in the forums honestly, but when I do interact with other folks on this site, they tend to be friendly. The few times i've had hostile exchanges were either years ago or a recent event that I found to be pretty funny. My blocklist is practically nonexistent beyond one spammer and a user I had one too many disagreements with way back when I was fourteen lol. The community is just insanely creative, generous, and charming. It's something that keeps me coming back.

Aside from the community..

I am inexplicably attached to the collection of odd little customizable pngs i have accrued on this website. I legitimately cried when I believed that I had lost the first dragon I ever purchased. I've had her for six whole years. That's a lot. That's longer than my younger brother has been able to speak. Longer than my nephews have been alive.

In my head, all these little dragons have personalities and stories and lives of their own. They will all eventually be written down when I'm not busy with a trillion other things. The creative freedom to just say "This is Teeth he's an heir to an ancient bloodline. He collects teeth" and have no one correct me is what makes the site great. It's a core feature. It's the best feature. Almost everyone has someone like Teeth.

Holidays. They're just a fun little surprise to me, but they're a chance to snap up fun new accessories for the pngs that I have become inexplicably emotionally attached to. The apparel and skins and familiars are reasonably limited, but you always have a chance at the newer stuff from joxar. If you think the stuff is ugly, you don't have to buy or participate. If you love it, you can grind to buy a whole bunch of it to save up, either for your own little pixels or for someone else's. If you miss a holiday, you can buy the things you missed, albeit at a premium.

Which brings me to my final point. Dragon capitalism. I have been on this site for six years and i am not a rich man. That's because I have no idea how to save and I frequently make fun lil impulse purchases. But I do know how to Make money if I need it. I've had thousands of gems in my vault at a time before huge sprees. My brain just likes watching numbers go up. I like spending those numbers on pretty things for my pretty pixels. I like owning "exclusive" and "rare" stuff, because that's just what the human brain is like. I like showing off my dragons to other people and seeing other people's dragons.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just love this site. I've grown up with it, played it since I was thirteen. Even if some things get repetitive, the dev team always manages to bring in new features. My dragons have remained a source of joy, and I still find it mindboggling that you can make friends with a person over just a couple of interactions. That's always been a constant. Overall, it's where you find the fun that shapes your experience of the site. Community, art, trade, you name it.
tumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o1_100.png tumblr_pi915zLYQl1s80v72o4_100.png
@skulljester
I appreciate the wall of text I wanted someone who is as/more excited as I used to be honestly.
I think then I have a huge years and years long creative block which I'm slowly starting to break, you helped me realize that just a little. I've been wanting to make OCs and make stories for my dragons but I have to read and get back into a creative space like I was before. Hopefully I'll start drawing again in the near future or some other form of visual art. I do like the idea of an wacky background, a dragon I can dump lore into just for the sake of writing lore and it having a place.
For now I suppose I'll keep up with my daily stuff because it is nice to look at all my dragons when I take care of their familiars.
@skulljester
I appreciate the wall of text I wanted someone who is as/more excited as I used to be honestly.
I think then I have a huge years and years long creative block which I'm slowly starting to break, you helped me realize that just a little. I've been wanting to make OCs and make stories for my dragons but I have to read and get back into a creative space like I was before. Hopefully I'll start drawing again in the near future or some other form of visual art. I do like the idea of an wacky background, a dragon I can dump lore into just for the sake of writing lore and it having a place.
For now I suppose I'll keep up with my daily stuff because it is nice to look at all my dragons when I take care of their familiars.
qb9pYzX.png
JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png