Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | On Assaying Bloodlines...
Assaying bloodlines is a neat tool and something of importance, and I use it regularly just to check everyone's lineage for fun... But it's so blank on that screen.
What if a graphic were to be added to see where that common ancestor is? Maybe not a complete list, but the code knows which bracket is shared by highlighting a single box? Say you have two very different breeds that can't breed, and you run them through the assayal and it says "common ancestor (name)!" You click on the name and oh my gosh, that name has something like eighty offspring to sift through... Is this a grandmother? A sister? Some distant cousin?
The code knows what is acceptable for breeding and what isn't, so highlighting on a graphic what tier that name rests on (shared/sibling, upper/parent, second upper/grandparent, etc.) Could narrow things down to make finding the dragon's ancestry a little easier than scrolling through a massive list of names across unknown generations trying to find that shared name.
Just a thought. Would also make the page look a little more interesting.
Assaying bloodlines is a neat tool and something of importance, and I use it regularly just to check everyone's lineage for fun... But it's so blank on that screen.
What if a graphic were to be added to see where that common ancestor is? Maybe not a complete list, but the code knows which bracket is shared by highlighting a single box? Say you have two very different breeds that can't breed, and you run them through the assayal and it says "common ancestor (name)!" You click on the name and oh my gosh, that name has something like eighty offspring to sift through... Is this a grandmother? A sister? Some distant cousin?
The code knows what is acceptable for breeding and what isn't, so highlighting on a graphic what tier that name rests on (shared/sibling, upper/parent, second upper/grandparent, etc.) Could narrow things down to make finding the dragon's ancestry a little easier than scrolling through a massive list of names across unknown generations trying to find that shared name.
Just a thought. Would also make the page look a little more interesting.
b9aWflB.png
Definitely this needed!
We need famely try at least for 5 generations back. And at least for relative branch when checking relations.

While we still hasn't it I start to think that DB just has cell with 5ancestors ID per dragon. Thus engine do not track back how dragon goes to this particular ancestor only returned result that those 2 has one same.

In that case seems engine must be recoded and this is a big problem.

(Well in that case engine at least could returned generation of same ancestor for each dragon. Like 5 gen for dragon A and 2 gen for dragon B. It is already helps a bit)
Definitely this needed!
We need famely try at least for 5 generations back. And at least for relative branch when checking relations.

While we still hasn't it I start to think that DB just has cell with 5ancestors ID per dragon. Thus engine do not track back how dragon goes to this particular ancestor only returned result that those 2 has one same.

In that case seems engine must be recoded and this is a big problem.

(Well in that case engine at least could returned generation of same ancestor for each dragon. Like 5 gen for dragon A and 2 gen for dragon B. It is already helps a bit)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Yes. Please at least just tell me WHICH ancestor is shared, and how many generations back on each side.

That at least tells me whether I can maybe use one of the dragons’ offspring instead, or whether I need to ditch the match completely and redo my AH search…
Yes. Please at least just tell me WHICH ancestor is shared, and how many generations back on each side.

That at least tells me whether I can maybe use one of the dragons’ offspring instead, or whether I need to ditch the match completely and redo my AH search…
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Yeah, I've apparently got three dragons in my lair who are related and I have no idea how, because they're a fae, a mirror, and a ridgeback. lol I'd love to be able to see how they're actually related without having to go through with a pen and paper and actually make the brackets like I did with my horses. Bloodlines and breeding are kind of my thing, so I'd actually like to know some of these things for funsies.

On a side note, still sort of related... Do we know if things like battle stats or body proportions are affected by breeding? Like if you wanted to breed a physically stronger dragon or a dragon with a larger wingspan, could those be focused and passed down through generations? Or is it all purely cosmetic?
Yeah, I've apparently got three dragons in my lair who are related and I have no idea how, because they're a fae, a mirror, and a ridgeback. lol I'd love to be able to see how they're actually related without having to go through with a pen and paper and actually make the brackets like I did with my horses. Bloodlines and breeding are kind of my thing, so I'd actually like to know some of these things for funsies.

On a side note, still sort of related... Do we know if things like battle stats or body proportions are affected by breeding? Like if you wanted to breed a physically stronger dragon or a dragon with a larger wingspan, could those be focused and passed down through generations? Or is it all purely cosmetic?
b9aWflB.png
Support, it annoys me sooo much when I don't know where the common ancestor is. :')
Support, it annoys me sooo much when I don't know where the common ancestor is. :')
If the data for common ancestor is stored in a way to make this possible, I agree that it would definitely be a good idea to be able to display the direct lineage back to the common ancestor. Even just a list would be helpful, possibly displayed under the dragons? Like so (examples from one of my dragon's lineages):

Carmen and Druar are unable to breed because they share a common ancestor:
Carmen
Gwyn
Ishtar
Dirge
Druar
Styrix
Dirge

If the data for common ancestor is stored in a way to make this possible, I agree that it would definitely be a good idea to be able to display the direct lineage back to the common ancestor. Even just a list would be helpful, possibly displayed under the dragons? Like so (examples from one of my dragon's lineages):

Carmen
Gwyn
Ishtar
Dirge
Druar
Styrix
Dirge

An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
[quote name="FliptheFrog" date="2022-06-20 15:22:52" ] If the data for common ancestor is stored in a way to make this possible, I agree that it would definitely be a good idea to be able to display the direct lineage back to the common ancestor. Even just a list would be helpful, possibly displayed under the dragons? Like so (examples from one of my dragon's lineages): Carmen and Druar are unable to breed because they share a common ancestor: Carmen Gwyn Ishtar Dirge Druar Styrix Dirge [/quote] The fact that you went through the trouble of looking for them yells me you did the same thing I do. lol I have three in my lair who are related, and the real kicker is that they're a Ridgeback, a mirror, and a fae and all three of them are from completely unrelated lairs and all with different elements. lol Even something as simple as a list like what you have would be so much better than what we have now.
FliptheFrog wrote on 2022-06-20 15:22:52:

Carmen
Gwyn
Ishtar
Dirge

Druar
Styrix
Dirge

The fact that you went through the trouble of looking for them yells me you did the same thing I do. lol
I have three in my lair who are related, and the real kicker is that they're a Ridgeback, a mirror, and a fae and all three of them are from completely unrelated lairs and all with different elements. lol
Even something as simple as a list like what you have would be so much better than what we have now.
b9aWflB.png
full support - assay bloodlines needs a total overhaul tbh
full support - assay bloodlines needs a total overhaul tbh
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Markoh" date="2022-06-19 08:59:53" ] On a side note, still sort of related... Do we know if things like battle stats or body proportions are affected by breeding? Like if you wanted to breed a physically stronger dragon or a dragon with a larger wingspan, could those be focused and passed down through generations? Or is it all purely cosmetic? [/quote] @Markoh Nope! Coli stats and size stats aren't passed down, unfortunately. Other than that, full support! I don't do many breeding projects, but this sort of feature would definitely be useful for players who do.
Markoh wrote on 2022-06-19 08:59:53:
@Markoh Nope! Coli stats and size stats aren't passed down, unfortunately.

Other than that, full support! I don't do many breeding projects, but this sort of feature would definitely be useful for players who do.
Howdy!

Helticks
+2 fr time
-xIsegSQ.png NL841GZ.png 90686005.png d974qyj.png