Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Random Raffle
1 2 ... 522 523 524 525 526 ... 920 921
The way to befriend a cat is to not scratch it where you want, but where it wants. While most dogs loves butt scratches, cats love getting scratched in different ways on different places. You mist observe and remeber for each cat. It is also about playing when it has zoomies, and cuddling when it wants to cuddle. Not play when you want to play and cuddle when you want to cuddle.
The way to befriend a cat is to not scratch it where you want, but where it wants. While most dogs loves butt scratches, cats love getting scratched in different ways on different places. You mist observe and remeber for each cat. It is also about playing when it has zoomies, and cuddling when it wants to cuddle. Not play when you want to play and cuddle when you want to cuddle.
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
the reason the banana flavor of the runts candy tastes nothing like bananas is because it actually tastes like an extinct type of banana, the Gros Michel. the Gros Michel was wiped out by the panama disease around 1960, sadly. the flavor lives on through delicious candy!
the reason the banana flavor of the runts candy tastes nothing like bananas is because it actually tastes like an extinct type of banana, the Gros Michel. the Gros Michel was wiped out by the panama disease around 1960, sadly. the flavor lives on through delicious candy!
Yawning may cool down the brain when it's temperature increases.
Yawning may cool down the brain when it's temperature increases.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
Really useless fun fact I noticed way back: in the first Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ, Sherlock proposes to Watson that they go see to the opera to see "Don Giovanni", since it is in town. In the sequel, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, there's an action sequence where Holmes and Watson try to prevent the bombing of an opera house; the opera that plays in the background is in fact "Don Giovanni"! It's a fun choice for the scene because the specific part of Don Giovanni that they show foreshadows the end of the movie. I really like these two movies if you couldn't tell haha
Really useless fun fact I noticed way back: in the first Sherlock Holmes movie with RDJ, Sherlock proposes to Watson that they go see to the opera to see "Don Giovanni", since it is in town. In the sequel, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, there's an action sequence where Holmes and Watson try to prevent the bombing of an opera house; the opera that plays in the background is in fact "Don Giovanni"! It's a fun choice for the scene because the specific part of Don Giovanni that they show foreshadows the end of the movie. I really like these two movies if you couldn't tell haha
YMPbu9R.png
ACOZFAh.png 3U49JOg.png J8zFKyY.png B1XSdsq.png
40kx151.pngtqGkHih.png
x8bDWFu.png40lq9We.png VTHvOjd.pngGW8C4N1.png8w07QtP.pngWgzj2pK.png
QFXpYkj.png
I have recently started binging shows and documentaries about smart pets, that the animal and human bond is so powerful it can teach dogs to cliffjump and speak through special buttons, rabbits to slam-dunk and rats to race tiny miniature cars?!?!?! It's incredible. (The name of the show is: The hidden life of our pets or something lol)
I have recently started binging shows and documentaries about smart pets, that the animal and human bond is so powerful it can teach dogs to cliffjump and speak through special buttons, rabbits to slam-dunk and rats to race tiny miniature cars?!?!?! It's incredible. (The name of the show is: The hidden life of our pets or something lol)
bicatcher.png8dqm7Js.gif tvvFx6K.png hihi
All entered up to here.
All entered up to here.
Y5AUp2a.gif .. 9XAwiUY.png .
Never put your faith in a Prince.
When you require a miracle,
trust in a Witch.
A pretty wholesome fact that I learned recently is that it's common for cheetahs in captivity to have support dogs for their shyness. It's great, please look up articles/images of this, it's the best thing and I am not taking criticism at this time.
A pretty wholesome fact that I learned recently is that it's common for cheetahs in captivity to have support dogs for their shyness. It's great, please look up articles/images of this, it's the best thing and I am not taking criticism at this time.
Wishlist
Art Shopkitsune_dia_de_los_muertos.pngw8o0xW1.png
Okay, fun fact:
I was born and raised in Hawai'i and a couple of years ago I learned something about their history that I never knew in years living there...!

The Hawaiian people had/have a system of land management called "ahupua'a." While the king held all the land in trust (there was no concept of private property), each island was divided up into sections called ahupua'a, each one stewarded by a local chief.

Think of dividing each island up like a pizza. Each slice begins at the peak of the mountain range and runs down to the sea, so each slice includes all the different microclimates: watershed & forest, arable land for crops, and access to the ocean for fishing, etc. Typically the boundaries would follow a water source from the mountains down to the coast and parcels were increased in size to compensate for any lack of fertile soil or other resources. I love how this concept of land management allows for each ahupua'a to be self-sustaining.

I currently live in the arid chaparral of Southern California, where locals are encouraged to create a micro-watershed on their property: so that any water from rainfall remains on the property in rainbarrels or "rain gardens" (with ditches created to look like dry stream beds/ponds that can collect and hold rain water). Wherever you live, this idea of becoming a steward for the water cycle in your area is a great way to keep connected to the environment!
Okay, fun fact:
I was born and raised in Hawai'i and a couple of years ago I learned something about their history that I never knew in years living there...!

The Hawaiian people had/have a system of land management called "ahupua'a." While the king held all the land in trust (there was no concept of private property), each island was divided up into sections called ahupua'a, each one stewarded by a local chief.

Think of dividing each island up like a pizza. Each slice begins at the peak of the mountain range and runs down to the sea, so each slice includes all the different microclimates: watershed & forest, arable land for crops, and access to the ocean for fishing, etc. Typically the boundaries would follow a water source from the mountains down to the coast and parcels were increased in size to compensate for any lack of fertile soil or other resources. I love how this concept of land management allows for each ahupua'a to be self-sustaining.

I currently live in the arid chaparral of Southern California, where locals are encouraged to create a micro-watershed on their property: so that any water from rainfall remains on the property in rainbarrels or "rain gardens" (with ditches created to look like dry stream beds/ponds that can collect and hold rain water). Wherever you live, this idea of becoming a steward for the water cycle in your area is a great way to keep connected to the environment!
UTakosS.pngY5AUp2a.gif qzV0stX.png
hmm, what facts do I know...
oh I like to show off acronyms I know because it's fun!
SCUBA stands for Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
DNA stands for DeoxyriboNucleic Acid (and I spelled that right on my first try, woohoo!!)
and one more, although I don't have this one memorized - laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation, which is interesting because I feel like most people (including me for most of my life) didn't even know it was an acronym! same with scuba tbh, but laser was a lot more interesting to me because in the US it's often spelled Lazer, which doesn't make any sense because it ruins the acronym!
hmm, what facts do I know...
oh I like to show off acronyms I know because it's fun!
SCUBA stands for Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
DNA stands for DeoxyriboNucleic Acid (and I spelled that right on my first try, woohoo!!)
and one more, although I don't have this one memorized - laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation, which is interesting because I feel like most people (including me for most of my life) didn't even know it was an acronym! same with scuba tbh, but laser was a lot more interesting to me because in the US it's often spelled Lazer, which doesn't make any sense because it ruins the acronym!
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I don't have many facts I could share that aren't probably already shared so far. Dolphins like to puff up pufferfish and bat them around to get high I guess? Also there are people in the world who have been struck by lightning more than once, with the highest number we know of being a guy who got struck seven times in his lifetime. And archaeologists have unearthed cheese from an Egyptian tomb before that had been aging at least 3 thousand years, with a later one being found possibly dating back 7,000 years.
I don't have many facts I could share that aren't probably already shared so far. Dolphins like to puff up pufferfish and bat them around to get high I guess? Also there are people in the world who have been struck by lightning more than once, with the highest number we know of being a guy who got struck seven times in his lifetime. And archaeologists have unearthed cheese from an Egyptian tomb before that had been aging at least 3 thousand years, with a later one being found possibly dating back 7,000 years.
Sale->cZytuvn.png->Skins
1 2 ... 522 523 524 525 526 ... 920 921