Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Activities during Rollover = Rulebreak?
1 2
So, I had come to a discussion about activities that you can do in Flight Rising during Maintenance mode, and though it is limited, there are some things logged in users can do while site visitors or logged out users cannot, such as checking Hoard, Game Database (if my memory serves correctly), see dragon info like the Like Counter (which isn't supposed to be much impact since you cannot like dragons during rollover), scrying dragons in Predict Morphology, and a potential bug where you could edit and save dragon bios during rollover.

It would be nice if there's clarification whether the site should be used at all or not during those 30 minutes, as I figure that unlike most games or sites, FR allows some things to be done during those 30 minutes. And whether being able to do anything onsite is considered a bug, and bug abuse that violates the ToS. Or if it isn't already in ToS, maybe I'll make a suggestion to add something about maintenance mode or rollover in it.

What does it actually mean when the status says "Flight Rising is currently closed for maintenance and unavailable for play", and whether logged in users should not do anything at all? Or perhaps the only thing they should be allowed to do is look at dragons?

Edit: confirmed something during rollover
So, I had come to a discussion about activities that you can do in Flight Rising during Maintenance mode, and though it is limited, there are some things logged in users can do while site visitors or logged out users cannot, such as checking Hoard, Game Database (if my memory serves correctly), see dragon info like the Like Counter (which isn't supposed to be much impact since you cannot like dragons during rollover), scrying dragons in Predict Morphology, and a potential bug where you could edit and save dragon bios during rollover.

It would be nice if there's clarification whether the site should be used at all or not during those 30 minutes, as I figure that unlike most games or sites, FR allows some things to be done during those 30 minutes. And whether being able to do anything onsite is considered a bug, and bug abuse that violates the ToS. Or if it isn't already in ToS, maybe I'll make a suggestion to add something about maintenance mode or rollover in it.

What does it actually mean when the status says "Flight Rising is currently closed for maintenance and unavailable for play", and whether logged in users should not do anything at all? Or perhaps the only thing they should be allowed to do is look at dragons?

Edit: confirmed something during rollover
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
I'm not sure about the rules regarding rollover, but if I refresh the page a few times or go to different pages I'm automatically logged out. I often forget that it's time for rollover because it happens at 10am for me which isn't a weird time to check fr.
I'm not sure about the rules regarding rollover, but if I refresh the page a few times or go to different pages I'm automatically logged out. I often forget that it's time for rollover because it happens at 10am for me which isn't a weird time to check fr.
Dy7NM9n.png
21, She/They, FR time +10, Feel free to ping
@Boston Most pages that involve interaction with other players or even yourself tends to log you out, from my plain assumption of things.

The pages that does not log you out if you go to them are: Forums, lair pages (as long as it's not just https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/), dragon pages, Hoard, Marketplace, and Predict Morphology of Scrying Workshop. I don't and forgot to check other pages such as account settings, Nesting, Assay Bloodlines, Dressing Room, Game Database, etc. You can also use the search feature in the Hoard.

What I have found that will log you out so far are liking dragons, Notifications page / checking your alerts, anything related to the Auction House, and visiting the Auction House page, and trying to edit or make a new post in Forums.
@Boston Most pages that involve interaction with other players or even yourself tends to log you out, from my plain assumption of things.

The pages that does not log you out if you go to them are: Forums, lair pages (as long as it's not just https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/), dragon pages, Hoard, Marketplace, and Predict Morphology of Scrying Workshop. I don't and forgot to check other pages such as account settings, Nesting, Assay Bloodlines, Dressing Room, Game Database, etc. You can also use the search feature in the Hoard.

What I have found that will log you out so far are liking dragons, Notifications page / checking your alerts, anything related to the Auction House, and visiting the Auction House page, and trying to edit or make a new post in Forums.
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
@BlueLatios

i believe the reason for this may potentially be that flight rising is split between two domains currently: www,flightrising,com and www1,flightrising,com
@BlueLatios

i believe the reason for this may potentially be that flight rising is split between two domains currently: www,flightrising,com and www1,flightrising,com
17499.png UMBRELLA / BROLLY
THEY/HE/SHE
FR +17
MIRROR ENTHUSIAST
I
-
-
-
I
click here for a dapper little lad
The reason there is rollover is to make sure everything rolls over into the next day properly. Honestly, if people aren't 'allowed' to use the site at this time, it's the staff's job to make sure it is inaccessible. I wouldn't worry about breaking the ToU by using the site normally. If it is accessible, it is meant to be used.
The reason there is rollover is to make sure everything rolls over into the next day properly. Honestly, if people aren't 'allowed' to use the site at this time, it's the staff's job to make sure it is inaccessible. I wouldn't worry about breaking the ToU by using the site normally. If it is accessible, it is meant to be used.
It feels a little bit illegal to be able to edit (+save) dragon bios and continue designing outfits in dressing room (if you've started it before rollover and remember not to save it until rollover is over) ^^'

But both of them are real fun things to do while you wait rollover to be over.
It feels a little bit illegal to be able to edit (+save) dragon bios and continue designing outfits in dressing room (if you've started it before rollover and remember not to save it until rollover is over) ^^'

But both of them are real fun things to do while you wait rollover to be over.
YS0YdoS.png
IofdFoL.png __
i[ wishlist ] ___ [ sky collection ] ___ [ personal logs ] ___ [ avatar dragon ]

@umbrellafella interesting, it could be that, since only clan profile is one of the rare parts of the site that still uses the www domain :o

@Gaia let's just say the discussion lead to concerns of account bans because some people brought up ToS and are insistent in the argument that if you manage to do anything onsite during maintenance mode apart from what logged out users can do, that's bug abuse/exploit and violates ToS.

@tilkka I've covered the dragon bio edit in a Bug Report Forum, but haven't tried doing something in the Dressing Room. Maybe I can try doing that tomorrow and see whether it works? (And add it to the Bug Report thread as well, perhaps). I see it as a fun harmless thing too, but not everyone agrees.
Edit: to clarify, does the site kick you out if you try to save outfits during rollover?
@umbrellafella interesting, it could be that, since only clan profile is one of the rare parts of the site that still uses the www domain :o

@Gaia let's just say the discussion lead to concerns of account bans because some people brought up ToS and are insistent in the argument that if you manage to do anything onsite during maintenance mode apart from what logged out users can do, that's bug abuse/exploit and violates ToS.

@tilkka I've covered the dragon bio edit in a Bug Report Forum, but haven't tried doing something in the Dressing Room. Maybe I can try doing that tomorrow and see whether it works? (And add it to the Bug Report thread as well, perhaps). I see it as a fun harmless thing too, but not everyone agrees.
Edit: to clarify, does the site kick you out if you try to save outfits during rollover?
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
If you want an official answer you'd have to ask through contact us: https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Regular users can't do much more than guess when information hasn't been officially stated.

You're probably ok though. Seems like if you weren't meant to be doing anything at all during rollover then you'd be logged out everywhere instead of just the old bits of the site. Or do the whole maintenance screen thing so no one can do anything at all.

You might want to avoid the fairgrounds though. If you play too close to rollover it can mess with the lucky streak reset.
If you want an official answer you'd have to ask through contact us: https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Regular users can't do much more than guess when information hasn't been officially stated.

You're probably ok though. Seems like if you weren't meant to be doing anything at all during rollover then you'd be logged out everywhere instead of just the old bits of the site. Or do the whole maintenance screen thing so no one can do anything at all.

You might want to avoid the fairgrounds though. If you play too close to rollover it can mess with the lucky streak reset.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="@BlueLatios" date="2022-06-07 02:28:37" ]I've covered the dragon bio edit in a Bug Report Forum, but haven't tried doing something in the Dressing Room. Maybe I can try doing that tomorrow and see whether it works? (And add it to the Bug Report thread as well, perhaps). I see it as a fun harmless thing too, but not everyone agrees. Edit: to clarify, does the site kick you out if you try to save outfits during rollover? [/quote] Yes it kicks you out if you try to save. I'm also 99% sure that if you just open the dressing room (before rollover), but don't click on "Click to add an apparel piece!" before rollover starts. It will also kick you out. You have make sure to open the "add apparel" window at least once before rollover starts. (Not sure if you actually have to add a random apparel into the dragon/scry/mannequin before the rollover, since I've always added one before RO.)
@BlueLatios wrote on 2022-06-07 02:28:37:
I've covered the dragon bio edit in a Bug Report Forum, but haven't tried doing something in the Dressing Room. Maybe I can try doing that tomorrow and see whether it works? (And add it to the Bug Report thread as well, perhaps). I see it as a fun harmless thing too, but not everyone agrees.
Yes it kicks you out if you try to save.
I'm also 99% sure that if you just open the dressing room (before rollover),
but don't click on "Click to add an apparel piece!" before rollover starts.
It will also kick you out.
You have make sure to open the "add apparel" window at least once before rollover starts. (Not sure if you actually have to add a random apparel into the dragon/scry/mannequin before the rollover, since I've always added one before RO.)
YS0YdoS.png
IofdFoL.png __
i[ wishlist ] ___ [ sky collection ] ___ [ personal logs ] ___ [ avatar dragon ]

[quote name="Lonin" date="2022-06-07 02:39:25" ] You might want to avoid the fairgrounds though. If you play too close to rollover it can mess with the lucky streak reset. [/quote] Wha- that sounds scary [emoji=bogsneak scared size=1] If anyone finds any hints in the ToS or somewhere, feel free to enlighten me! In the meanwhile I'll submit a contact us form and see what they say.
Lonin wrote on 2022-06-07 02:39:25:

Wha- that sounds scary

If anyone finds any hints in the ToS or somewhere, feel free to enlighten me! In the meanwhile I'll submit a contact us form and see what they say.
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
1 2