Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 47 48
I really hope when coliseum PVP returns we get to explore other builds for dragons besides the usual fodder trainers in the coliseum. I would love to see tournament rewards for players, instead of fodder XP some sort of reward system even if it was set at a limit like Fairgrounds each day.

PVP was so much fun! :D
I really hope when coliseum PVP returns we get to explore other builds for dragons besides the usual fodder trainers in the coliseum. I would love to see tournament rewards for players, instead of fodder XP some sort of reward system even if it was set at a limit like Fairgrounds each day.

PVP was so much fun! :D
I think the festival npcs being able to ask for anything is a bad idea. It should be limited to what's easily available during the festival more like current festivals than a festival requiring sudden high level colisuem items from say, the golem workshop, that can disincentivize and turn away newer players which would normally be able to participate in such events.
I think the festival npcs being able to ask for anything is a bad idea. It should be limited to what's easily available during the festival more like current festivals than a festival requiring sudden high level colisuem items from say, the golem workshop, that can disincentivize and turn away newer players which would normally be able to participate in such events.
[center]Y'all. Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that the new artwork for Baldwin is wrapped in a div container with the ID "baldwin-himself"? This is genuinely so funny to me. (I only noticed because I wanted to see the artwork fully since the text bubble is blocking part of it! In case anyone else wants to see it too, here's the direct link to the image" [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/baldwin/baldwin-background.png]HERE[/url][/b]! Those green swirly bits are so pretty, alright.) But gosh Baldwin's new assistants / apprentices / helpers / besties / beloved familiars are absolutely adorable. Please, what are their names, I must know, haha! They're so cute! What a fun addition, I love them! As for the actual artwork update - oh my goodness?! Baldwin looks so stellar now, his art really does him better justice than before, and I really love that he's gotten some goggles and gloves for safety haha. Touching all of that goo for so long can't be so great for your health in the longrun, so it's nice to see him taking better care of himself. :'D (And if I'm not mistaken, isn't that the canonical explanation for the clawtip glow items or something? I could be wrong, don't quote me, haha.) Also I love that he still has his pearlcatcher fluff and that hasn't faded out completely, genuinely it gives him kind of like. Mad scientist-but-grandpa vibes, I don't know how to explain it - either way it's endearing. :') But... whoa, y'all are making ridiculously good progress on those refractors! I'm excited for the refractor for the Nesting Grounds/Breeding System especially! (I wonder, will the nests all be getting updated artwork too, I wonder? Or will y'all be leaving that for the actual revamp that it may get in the future?) And I can't wait for the new Clan Profile. I wonder if the blank hatchlings updates will be fixed with this or not, haha. Looks like achievements are going to be last for the refractors... I'm really glad they haven't been forgotten about though + that they will be brought back some day! There's so many more genes and whatnot that we could work towards getting achievements for, even things like how much your lair has been expanded, etc. :D Ooo, NPC shops coming out in July-August basically, yeah? Best of luck with y'all getting it out in time for your planned release; I hope all goes smoothly in that regard. I think that's definitely something to look forwards to, and I'm going to be curious about what kinds of future shops get implemented with this feature! I'm not gonna lie, I am personally a bit bummed out about the 9th Anniversary though, ah. That's something I really look forwards to every year since FR is so important to me, and I always eager anticipate the new one, aww. (Thank you for the head's-up though so that none of us get too hyped up and then distressed over it or anything, y'all have come so far with being more transparent in communication and that's so, genuinely helpful, bless y'all.) But, that being said I wouldn't trade a new feature or some sort for the happiness and well-being of any of the team members; I really hope you all are doing well and resting up + getting better from anything the pandemic might've caused issues with! It's still so nice to see that FR's team is so dedicated to anti-crunch and that y'all treat all your employees so well. :D I look forwards to the gifts though, I'm sure it will all be fun regardless of the lack of "new feature" or anything haha. Y'all are doing fantastic work, do keep it up (but remember to take breaks, and to hydrate)! Thank you so much for all the communication about everything, it's much appreciated and very exciting about all the refractors and work planned for the future of FR! Here's to hoping the new year of FR's continued existence is swell and amazing like all the rest! Cheers! Take care and stay safe, y'all! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [emoji=spiral love size=2] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/center]
Y'all. Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that the new artwork for Baldwin is wrapped in a div container with the ID "baldwin-himself"? This is genuinely so funny to me. (I only noticed because I wanted to see the artwork fully since the text bubble is blocking part of it! In case anyone else wants to see it too, here's the direct link to the image" HERE! Those green swirly bits are so pretty, alright.) But gosh Baldwin's new assistants / apprentices / helpers / besties / beloved familiars are absolutely adorable. Please, what are their names, I must know, haha! They're so cute! What a fun addition, I love them!

As for the actual artwork update - oh my goodness?! Baldwin looks so stellar now, his art really does him better justice than before, and I really love that he's gotten some goggles and gloves for safety haha. Touching all of that goo for so long can't be so great for your health in the longrun, so it's nice to see him taking better care of himself. :'D (And if I'm not mistaken, isn't that the canonical explanation for the clawtip glow items or something? I could be wrong, don't quote me, haha.) Also I love that he still has his pearlcatcher fluff and that hasn't faded out completely, genuinely it gives him kind of like. Mad scientist-but-grandpa vibes, I don't know how to explain it - either way it's endearing. :')

But... whoa, y'all are making ridiculously good progress on those refractors! I'm excited for the refractor for the Nesting Grounds/Breeding System especially! (I wonder, will the nests all be getting updated artwork too, I wonder? Or will y'all be leaving that for the actual revamp that it may get in the future?) And I can't wait for the new Clan Profile. I wonder if the blank hatchlings updates will be fixed with this or not, haha. Looks like achievements are going to be last for the refractors... I'm really glad they haven't been forgotten about though + that they will be brought back some day! There's so many more genes and whatnot that we could work towards getting achievements for, even things like how much your lair has been expanded, etc. :D

Ooo, NPC shops coming out in July-August basically, yeah? Best of luck with y'all getting it out in time for your planned release; I hope all goes smoothly in that regard. I think that's definitely something to look forwards to, and I'm going to be curious about what kinds of future shops get implemented with this feature!

I'm not gonna lie, I am personally a bit bummed out about the 9th Anniversary though, ah. That's something I really look forwards to every year since FR is so important to me, and I always eager anticipate the new one, aww. (Thank you for the head's-up though so that none of us get too hyped up and then distressed over it or anything, y'all have come so far with being more transparent in communication and that's so, genuinely helpful, bless y'all.) But, that being said I wouldn't trade a new feature or some sort for the happiness and well-being of any of the team members; I really hope you all are doing well and resting up + getting better from anything the pandemic might've caused issues with! It's still so nice to see that FR's team is so dedicated to anti-crunch and that y'all treat all your employees so well. :D I look forwards to the gifts though, I'm sure it will all be fun regardless of the lack of "new feature" or anything haha. Y'all are doing fantastic work, do keep it up (but remember to take breaks, and to hydrate)!

Thank you so much for all the communication about everything, it's much appreciated and very exciting about all the refractors and work planned for the future of FR! Here's to hoping the new year of FR's continued existence is swell and amazing like all the rest! Cheers! Take care and stay safe, y'all!

2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
I was just doing my stuff and Baldwin's and noticed the art update! Nice glow up, Baldwin! I saw that before I realized there was an update, which prompted me to go and check this all out xD Looking forward to all the upcoming updates as well!
I was just doing my stuff and Baldwin's and noticed the art update! Nice glow up, Baldwin! I saw that before I realized there was an update, which prompted me to go and check this all out xD Looking forward to all the upcoming updates as well!
At first I thought maybe he was goong to change breeds again xD The new artwork is nice, but he looks A LOT younger. Somehow this feels out of character.
Love the new setting, and it makes it more personal with his little residue friends.
At first I thought maybe he was goong to change breeds again xD The new artwork is nice, but he looks A LOT younger. Somehow this feels out of character.
Love the new setting, and it makes it more personal with his little residue friends.
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/980099503061348424/982363029373063268/unknown.png[/img]
unknown.png
S6qsTFf.pngice_3.png VIR8tuW4qI.gif68.png4RB8QJD.png
@Vaixation If I could give you the old "you're the best around"-achievement I would. Exellent speech! (I read it as a speech in my head, haha) So a shiny star for you [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1]
@Vaixation If I could give you the old "you're the best around"-achievement I would. Exellent speech! (I read it as a speech in my head, haha)

So a shiny star for you
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
pls i was just at baldwin and didn't notice the change, im sorry baldwin!!! (he looks awesome though)

i'm excited about the anniversary (even if it's gonna be a little smaller this year) and the changes coming to joxar and warrior's way too! it feels like this year is gonna be a good one for fr! :D
pls i was just at baldwin and didn't notice the change, im sorry baldwin!!! (he looks awesome though)

i'm excited about the anniversary (even if it's gonna be a little smaller this year) and the changes coming to joxar and warrior's way too! it feels like this year is gonna be a good one for fr! :D
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
[quote name="wyraj" date="2022-06-03 11:04:52" ] Awesome! I'm especially excited to see what changes come to Gathering since that system is... outdated. I'm happy that the refactor is almost done, so we'll be able to move on to more exciting stuff after! [/quote] To clarify, this will be a refactor, not a revamp. This means that the system will not be changing, but will simply be moving to the new code base that the rest of the site is running on. We will be revamping gathering eventually, but that is not what is happening right now.
wyraj wrote on 2022-06-03 11:04:52:
Awesome! I'm especially excited to see what changes come to Gathering since that system is... outdated. I'm happy that the refactor is almost done, so we'll be able to move on to more exciting stuff after!

To clarify, this will be a refactor, not a revamp. This means that the system will not be changing, but will simply be moving to the new code base that the rest of the site is running on. We will be revamping gathering eventually, but that is not what is happening right now.
New Baldwin Art Pog [emoji=obelisk love size=1]
New Baldwin Art Pog
dvUDhuR.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 47 48