Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why Unnamed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I'm curious why people would buy and not name dragons.

I'm not even talking about exalting them (yet) (hopefully) Unnamed, I'm talking about spending an amount of gems/treasure that's well above fodder prices and then not naming the dragon for several days, even weeks or longer.

Why?
I'm curious why people would buy and not name dragons.

I'm not even talking about exalting them (yet) (hopefully) Unnamed, I'm talking about spending an amount of gems/treasure that's well above fodder prices and then not naming the dragon for several days, even weeks or longer.

Why?
takes a hot minute to decide on names

most of my dragons start as fodder but some of the ones I know I'm keeping need.. a little more deciding on them

there are name change scrolls, but why waste multiple of them because I can't decide on a name?
takes a hot minute to decide on names

most of my dragons start as fodder but some of the ones I know I'm keeping need.. a little more deciding on them

there are name change scrolls, but why waste multiple of them because I can't decide on a name?
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
i mean.. sometimes people (me) dont have a name idea in mind immediately after purchasing, especially if their names are important to lore
i mean.. sometimes people (me) dont have a name idea in mind immediately after purchasing, especially if their names are important to lore
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
@AltMixie

How long does coming up with a name usually take you though?

Also you said most of your dragons start out as fodder, but why buy expensive fodder and not cheap ones?
@AltMixie

How long does coming up with a name usually take you though?

Also you said most of your dragons start out as fodder, but why buy expensive fodder and not cheap ones?
I name most of my dragons pretty quickly, but sometimes new sets of hatchlings sit for a while before I get round to thinking about it.

And I currently have several Obelisks that I bought to be mates for dragons I already had, some of which were still unnamed, and they haven't got names yet either. Once I start matching them up and breeding them, I'll call them something. :)
I name most of my dragons pretty quickly, but sometimes new sets of hatchlings sit for a while before I get round to thinking about it.

And I currently have several Obelisks that I bought to be mates for dragons I already had, some of which were still unnamed, and they haven't got names yet either. Once I start matching them up and breeding them, I'll call them something. :)
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
@Legettios

Right, but what's "not immediately" for you? Because that somebody would buy a dragon and not INSTANTLY name them is more than understandable, you want to give it some thought, but wouldn't a few days be enough for that?
@Legettios

Right, but what's "not immediately" for you? Because that somebody would buy a dragon and not INSTANTLY name them is more than understandable, you want to give it some thought, but wouldn't a few days be enough for that?
@LuminAgricola Ohh, so basically sometimes you're waiting for a "set" to name them both together?
@LuminAgricola Ohh, so basically sometimes you're waiting for a "set" to name them both together?
@Mouette

1. About a week, give or take. I had to keep a set of hatchlings unnamed just a few days ago because I was unsure.

2. I breed most of my dragons, most of the time I figure I will sell them off the AH.

I'm not some lunatic, I don't buy expensive dragons then exalt them. I'm not an exalt lair, I don't really care enough to buy an expensive dragon.

I host nests and I get Unnamed dragons sometimes, I don't go up and ask. Some people don't like naming their dragons, that's okay too.

@Mouette

1. About a week, give or take. I had to keep a set of hatchlings unnamed just a few days ago because I was unsure.

2. I breed most of my dragons, most of the time I figure I will sell them off the AH.

I'm not some lunatic, I don't buy expensive dragons then exalt them. I'm not an exalt lair, I don't really care enough to buy an expensive dragon.

I host nests and I get Unnamed dragons sometimes, I don't go up and ask. Some people don't like naming their dragons, that's okay too.

J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
I often have dragons that sit in the hibden for months on end either because I have other projects in my lineup, or I'm waiting to see if I like them enough to be a perma,, Usually, I won't name them until they're fully skinned, and dressed, and I'm 100% content with them... which can often lead to dragons being unnamed for long periods of time

I'd rather wait out the time than purchase name scrolls for dragons I end up throwing back on the AH anyway, if that makes sense!
I often have dragons that sit in the hibden for months on end either because I have other projects in my lineup, or I'm waiting to see if I like them enough to be a perma,, Usually, I won't name them until they're fully skinned, and dressed, and I'm 100% content with them... which can often lead to dragons being unnamed for long periods of time

I'd rather wait out the time than purchase name scrolls for dragons I end up throwing back on the AH anyway, if that makes sense!
uCEnQTB.gif
Citrusly » She/Her » Avatar Dragon
I typically don't name them until I have an idea for lore, so that the name can fit.

It usually only takes a few days for me to get around to lore, but unfortunately, with the end of senior year, I have not had much lore-writing time, so I have a few too many unnamed, but I'm planning on fixing this soon.
I typically don't name them until I have an idea for lore, so that the name can fit.

It usually only takes a few days for me to get around to lore, but unfortunately, with the end of senior year, I have not had much lore-writing time, so I have a few too many unnamed, but I'm planning on fixing this soon.
All pings are welcome. I like messages and all social interaction!
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gifWishlisttumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gifAvatar Dragontumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
I hoard Crunchy Moth Legs (Its weird, I know). Current Leg total: 1796
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13