Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What popular apparel do you not like?
1 2 3 4
any western apparel and the elemental charms. the charms just make them look like my little pony to me. I may have used 1 or 2 just to fill space but that's it
any western apparel and the elemental charms. the charms just make them look like my little pony to me. I may have used 1 or 2 just to fill space but that's it
Radekee.png
a
a
a
a
a
Survival of the fittest
Made my name as a menace
Broke the rules of the business
From the bottom now I'm biggest

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
Another vote for the silks. The wing silks CAN look alright, and the fillets too, but most of the time it just looks too unnatural, or doesn't fit in with the rest of the look for the dragon. The leg silks especially look unbalanced to me, I rarely use them.
Another vote for the silks. The wing silks CAN look alright, and the fillets too, but most of the time it just looks too unnatural, or doesn't fit in with the rest of the look for the dragon. The leg silks especially look unbalanced to me, I rarely use them.
[item = Seashell Mantle] looks weird on many breeds (my opinion). I love the shells, but not the mantle. And it can combinate weird with other apparel.
Seashell Mantle looks weird on many breeds (my opinion). I love the shells, but not the mantle. And it can combinate weird with other apparel.
image.png
KNdRBxl.png
jA5A7gu.png
tyEuRXe.png
rI18gRz.png
agWlVws.png
Bt9KLea.png
kcbWnDp.png
mlHpBMC.png
mlSrRbK.png
WAkWK5y.png
SRsfBYm.png
qhK4FYS.png
3hKoziR.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
5hF3FGk.png
HZSRMw5.png
image.png
Wooly set and healer set

The colors are not really good and it looks weird on most of the dragons.

(but the healer cloak is good just the rest is ugly)

Wooly set and healer set

The colors are not really good and it looks weird on most of the dragons.

(but the healer cloak is good just the rest is ugly)

rzrrjmF.gif
[item=gloomwillow guide] Its design is very cartoony which kinda stands out and I don't like it. Nothing wrong with it of course, I just can't see myself using it ever.
Gloomwillow Guide

Its design is very cartoony which kinda stands out and I don't like it. Nothing wrong with it of course, I just can't see myself using it ever.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="lupa77" date="2022-05-27 07:10:57" ] [item=skeletal chimes] this just looks very boring to me. idk how else to describe it. the idea is cool but could've been executed better i suppose? [/quote] Seconding this. [item=cranial hornhelm] Also incredibly ugly. [item=victor's skull] + color variants something about them just looks so, SO weird..
lupa77 wrote on 2022-05-27 07:10:57:
Skeletal Chimes
this just looks very boring to me. idk how else to describe it. the idea is cool but could've been executed better i suppose?
Seconding this.

Cranial Hornhelm
Also incredibly ugly.

Victor's Skull + color variants
something about them just looks so, SO weird..
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
[item=Smokeswirl][item=Golden Starswirl][item=Heartswirl][item=Rainbow Starswirl] I see these frequently and have never found myself loving them. I love ambient apparel (and arguably use way, way too much summer swelter but that's a whole other discussion) but the smokeswirls are just so in your face that I can't see myself using it unless I very specifically based an outfit around it and only that
Smokeswirl Golden Starswirl Heartswirl Rainbow Starswirl
I see these frequently and have never found myself loving them. I love ambient apparel (and arguably use way, way too much summer swelter but that's a whole other discussion) but the smokeswirls are just so in your face that I can't see myself using it unless I very specifically based an outfit around it and only that
uCEnQTB.gif
Citrusly » She/Her » Avatar Dragon
I actually don't really like the floating orb apparel we got for NOTN last year? I really, really try to find uses for it but it always feels really awkwardly positioned.... it makes it hard to use with literally any apparel or skins. It's a shame cause again, it's a COOL piece of apparel that I try to use, the positioning is just ugh.

Flowerfalls likewise, I want to use but never really can. I've never been able to pin point what it was that bothered me, but someone pointed out how they make it really obvious that the dragon is in a square box and it clicked for me what the issue was. I don't like the confinement.
I actually don't really like the floating orb apparel we got for NOTN last year? I really, really try to find uses for it but it always feels really awkwardly positioned.... it makes it hard to use with literally any apparel or skins. It's a shame cause again, it's a COOL piece of apparel that I try to use, the positioning is just ugh.

Flowerfalls likewise, I want to use but never really can. I've never been able to pin point what it was that bothered me, but someone pointed out how they make it really obvious that the dragon is in a square box and it clicked for me what the issue was. I don't like the confinement.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Admittedly there are very few apparel items that I have any serious dislike to, but I'm agreeing about the emblems.

Also, bows and silks are pretty hard for me to find uses for.
Admittedly there are very few apparel items that I have any serious dislike to, but I'm agreeing about the emblems.

Also, bows and silks are pretty hard for me to find uses for.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
I agree with all the people saying flowerfalls look too "boxy." It bothers me a lot, but I still use then because they're usually the most efficient way to spread a particular color over a dragon T_T Every time I need more gold on a dragon I look through the options and groan a little when the marigold flowerfall turns out to be the best option.
I agree with all the people saying flowerfalls look too "boxy." It bothers me a lot, but I still use then because they're usually the most efficient way to spread a particular color over a dragon T_T Every time I need more gold on a dragon I look through the options and groan a little when the marigold flowerfall turns out to be the best option.
Oasis Songbird .And then the sea swept in, and left us all speechless...
. Wishlist... Sales/Trades... Grab Bags
. Skin/Accent Grab Bags
1 2 3 4