Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | most uve ever spent on something?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It was about 80kg or so for the Scroll Case Sling, I believe... Love this particular apparel piece qvq [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50874328][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/508744/50874328_350.png[/img][/url]
It was about 80kg or so for the Scroll Case Sling, I believe... Love this particular apparel piece qvq
50874328_350.png

Dark
i'm in mess
i'm a mess
picture of a cropped in-game sprite of a pink and gray spiral dragon with the darkest dream written over the picture, and linked to said dragon
:D Most we've spent was about 125k gems for a KS familiar. We forget what we paid for them. Probably an average of about 100k gems each.
:D Most we've spent was about 125k gems for a KS familiar. We forget what we paid for them. Probably an average of about 100k gems each.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Most I've spent in a single go was 60kg on a Light Sprite almost 2 years ago. I haven't come close to that on a single dragon, but I also don't do apparel for the most part.
Most I've spent in a single go was 60kg on a Light Sprite almost 2 years ago. I haven't come close to that on a single dragon, but I also don't do apparel for the most part.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
If we're talking about any one thing in particular (item or dragon) it would have to be the Boneyard Tatters I got for my G2 Imp, Vulnificus. I think those ran me about 8-9kg or so, I don't remember off the top of my head.

If we're talking about most spent on any one dragon, it would be Futuere, who clocks in at roughly 11kg for purchase, genes, UMA, and art.

If we're talking about the most spent on a particular character, it would be Shahar. 1.2kg for the dragon, 400g for a Silhouette Scroll, plus another 2.7kg for Starmap and Constellation, and 2kg for the WC scroll. And let's not forget the Voltaic Halo and Luminous Halo, and NotN gear. And levelling to 25, statting as a mage. Which wouldn't be so bad, and not close to Futuere. Except I did it twice. You see, Shahar 1.0 was a Wind dragon, and lore demanded that he be a Light dragon. The first Shahar was 3.2kg, and he also had the StarCon, WC scroll, and Silhouette Scroll. At least I didn't need to get the apparel a second time around, but all of that for a very slight change in eye color.
If we're talking about any one thing in particular (item or dragon) it would have to be the Boneyard Tatters I got for my G2 Imp, Vulnificus. I think those ran me about 8-9kg or so, I don't remember off the top of my head.

If we're talking about most spent on any one dragon, it would be Futuere, who clocks in at roughly 11kg for purchase, genes, UMA, and art.

If we're talking about the most spent on a particular character, it would be Shahar. 1.2kg for the dragon, 400g for a Silhouette Scroll, plus another 2.7kg for Starmap and Constellation, and 2kg for the WC scroll. And let's not forget the Voltaic Halo and Luminous Halo, and NotN gear. And levelling to 25, statting as a mage. Which wouldn't be so bad, and not close to Futuere. Except I did it twice. You see, Shahar 1.0 was a Wind dragon, and lore demanded that he be a Light dragon. The first Shahar was 3.2kg, and he also had the StarCon, WC scroll, and Silhouette Scroll. At least I didn't need to get the apparel a second time around, but all of that for a very slight change in eye color.
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
I think it was a skin for somewhere around 1200g.
Another copy went up for half that a week later. ;3;
I'm too indecisive to spend the amounts some other people are listing on a single dragon or thing but I'm absolutely in awe over folks who do.
I think it was a skin for somewhere around 1200g.
Another copy went up for half that a week later. ;3;
I'm too indecisive to spend the amounts some other people are listing on a single dragon or thing but I'm absolutely in awe over folks who do.
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
5700g for this entire lad to gene and get his accent(not including the buy price which I dont remember): [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71048705][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/710488/71048705_350.png[/img][/url]
5700g for this entire lad to gene and get his accent(not including the buy price which I dont remember):

71048705_350.png
dino-child-water-pixel.gif
Funnily enough, it's for something I didn't get in the end! Quite a few years back, I had set up a weekly payment with someone who kindly agreed to split it over time for a Shadow Sprite (pretty much the only sprite I actually wanted). I'd gotten almost the full way through (a few million or so?) when a particularly tough bout in life happened and I went on an unannounced hiatus for a couple years. RIP :') EDIT: come to think of it, since then I've had a few projects! This girl has been through over 3k gems of genes and edits, but so worth it! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/31063592][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/310636/31063592_350.png[/img][/url]
Funnily enough, it's for something I didn't get in the end! Quite a few years back, I had set up a weekly payment with someone who kindly agreed to split it over time for a Shadow Sprite (pretty much the only sprite I actually wanted). I'd gotten almost the full way through (a few million or so?) when a particularly tough bout in life happened and I went on an unannounced hiatus for a couple years. RIP :')

EDIT: come to think of it, since then I've had a few projects! This girl has been through over 3k gems of genes and edits, but so worth it!

31063592_350.png
Wishlist | They/Them or Xe/Zir | Please ping me!
I think the 13.5kg I dropped on an arcane sprite. Not into collecting sprites or even fams but I really wanted one...[emoji=arcane rune size=1]
I think the 13.5kg I dropped on an arcane sprite. Not into collecting sprites or even fams but I really wanted one...
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread
Probably Diantha [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53290426][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/532905/53290426_350.png[/img][/url] Honestly I rarely spend much on dragons, but when veils were first released I did some scries and ended up falling in love with precisely this colour combo. Thing is, I wanted it on the male art, and it could not be a single color off or the entire palette would be thrown off. The dragon I eventually spotted happened to be a level 25 of the wrong breed, oops... but I did it anyway. I don't remember the prices of genes and everything back then, but I'm sure I spent at least a mil or two to get her done.
Probably Diantha
53290426_350.png
Honestly I rarely spend much on dragons, but when veils were first released I did some scries and ended up falling in love with precisely this colour combo. Thing is, I wanted it on the male art, and it could not be a single color off or the entire palette would be thrown off. The dragon I eventually spotted happened to be a level 25 of the wrong breed, oops... but I did it anyway.

I don't remember the prices of genes and everything back then, but I'm sure I spent at least a mil or two to get her done.
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
The most expensive single item I've ever bought is [item=fire sprite] The most expensive dragon projects I have are nowhere near what other people in this thread have spent, but they're my most expensive because I rarely do projects. I mostly rely on items I already own, and mostly treasure genes. The first is my fandragon of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50415445]Mollymauk Tealeaf[/url] from Critical Role. The dragon itself was a lucky AH find with exactly the colors and flight I wanted, and comparatively cheap since he's a g1 noc. I already had most of the apparel I used on him, so I only bought a couple of pieces; I gened him; and I got a few pieces of art for him, but two of them were free to me. All in all, he was a heck of a bargain for what he ended up being. I even found a very similar dragon that a lovely user was willing to sell to me so I could make a matching [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65834906]Lucien[/url]. They're a package deal to me, so it's essentially a single project. My actual most expensive project at this point is definitely Bele, a fandragon of my friend's d&d character, who is married to my d&d character (who I also have a fandragon of). [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64028898][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/640289/64028898_350.png[/img][/url] Bele firstly required a breed change because the pearlcatcher female pose is perfect for his personality. For ~trauma trauma backstory~ reasons, he's a bit of a kleptomaniac (suiting for a rogue thief), so the way he holds tight to his pearl felt correct. I got lucky with this one again, though, because iirc the dragon was more or less fodder priced. Even though I had to completely re-gene him, I paid a paltry amount for exactly the colors and flight I wanted. I had to buy most of his apparel because I wanted an extremely specific look for him, and it happened to include a lot of things from sets I actually don't own, plus I had to unlock more apparel slots just to build the outfit because he's wearing more pieces than any other dragon I've ever dressed. I thought he was finished after he was gened and dressed, but a few weeks ago I found the perfect UMA for him, so I dropped another 500g for that, and I finally got the Swipp trade for the pillow palace scene, so it went right on this spoiled boy. So now, unless I find a pair of matching familiars I like better for him and his husband or we get some new apparel that's even better for his look, he is finally, actually complete.
The most expensive single item I've ever bought is Fire Sprite

The most expensive dragon projects I have are nowhere near what other people in this thread have spent, but they're my most expensive because I rarely do projects. I mostly rely on items I already own, and mostly treasure genes.

The first is my fandragon of Mollymauk Tealeaf from Critical Role. The dragon itself was a lucky AH find with exactly the colors and flight I wanted, and comparatively cheap since he's a g1 noc. I already had most of the apparel I used on him, so I only bought a couple of pieces; I gened him; and I got a few pieces of art for him, but two of them were free to me. All in all, he was a heck of a bargain for what he ended up being. I even found a very similar dragon that a lovely user was willing to sell to me so I could make a matching Lucien. They're a package deal to me, so it's essentially a single project.

My actual most expensive project at this point is definitely Bele, a fandragon of my friend's d&d character, who is married to my d&d character (who I also have a fandragon of).

64028898_350.png

Bele firstly required a breed change because the pearlcatcher female pose is perfect for his personality. For ~trauma trauma backstory~ reasons, he's a bit of a kleptomaniac (suiting for a rogue thief), so the way he holds tight to his pearl felt correct. I got lucky with this one again, though, because iirc the dragon was more or less fodder priced. Even though I had to completely re-gene him, I paid a paltry amount for exactly the colors and flight I wanted.

I had to buy most of his apparel because I wanted an extremely specific look for him, and it happened to include a lot of things from sets I actually don't own, plus I had to unlock more apparel slots just to build the outfit because he's wearing more pieces than any other dragon I've ever dressed.

I thought he was finished after he was gened and dressed, but a few weeks ago I found the perfect UMA for him, so I dropped another 500g for that, and I finally got the Swipp trade for the pillow palace scene, so it went right on this spoiled boy. So now, unless I find a pair of matching familiars I like better for him and his husband or we get some new apparel that's even better for his look, he is finally, actually complete.
MWFAgdF.gif gLbZUkF.pngsFMScix.pngUc6vApJ.png0jScwbh.pngjaogUTu.pngLLXHrpZ.pngIStPxKm.pngVywcR3B.png6Zs7hJu.pngEzf3dea.pngK3S42IV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9