Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Veto an Eye Type
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-05-08 07:54:47" ] I don't really think I should have to gimp my account, and having only the option to veto to common is particularly unfair to people who want to veto multi or primal... (And you could easily have the scroll but have all vetos to common be free if locking the veto behind a pay wall is the problem.) However, if I have to gimp my account so be it. I hate goat. I never want another goat so long as I live. [/quote] You're not? Goat isn't even a special eye-type, though, so obviously it's the same fodder-price as everything else. Likewise, primal and multi-gaze adults are 10g (same exact price as Common adults), and those aren't even ugly ones. What are you talking about "gimp your account."
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-05-08 07:54:47:
I don't really think I should have to gimp my account, and having only the option to veto to common is particularly unfair to people who want to veto multi or primal...

(And you could easily have the scroll but have all vetos to common be free if locking the veto behind a pay wall is the problem.)

However, if I have to gimp my account so be it. I hate goat. I never want another goat so long as I live.
You're not? Goat isn't even a special eye-type, though, so obviously it's the same fodder-price as everything else. Likewise, primal and multi-gaze adults are 10g (same exact price as Common adults), and those aren't even ugly ones. What are you talking about "gimp your account."
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Throwing in another vote for allowing a "common only" setting rather than a physical item you have to buy.

Aside from that, I would ONLY support the ability to alter eye type outcomes if it would be would be for non-special eye types, and that's it.

We have eye vials for a reason, I'm personally more than happy with that aspect of customization (even if I do personally feel like the pricing should be better), and I don't think it's necessary + wouldn't really want people to have the ability to produce more natural MGs/Primals/etc. than is already possible.
Throwing in another vote for allowing a "common only" setting rather than a physical item you have to buy.

Aside from that, I would ONLY support the ability to alter eye type outcomes if it would be would be for non-special eye types, and that's it.

We have eye vials for a reason, I'm personally more than happy with that aspect of customization (even if I do personally feel like the pricing should be better), and I don't think it's necessary + wouldn't really want people to have the ability to produce more natural MGs/Primals/etc. than is already possible.
8098.pngqoL2Zmd.png 43.png
44.png
40.png
31.png
21378.png
Agree with the others in that this should/could be an accessibility change rather than a marketplace addition (which would be a nice quality of life frankly, for those eye types which bother people). Another solution for having no goat eyes would be to simply change them with another vial.
I personally feel it's a bit complicated to add another item to the marketplace when the issue can easily be dealt with using other available eye vials.
Agree with the others in that this should/could be an accessibility change rather than a marketplace addition (which would be a nice quality of life frankly, for those eye types which bother people). Another solution for having no goat eyes would be to simply change them with another vial.
I personally feel it's a bit complicated to add another item to the marketplace when the issue can easily be dealt with using other available eye vials.
6KQB58c.png
p3Lr8aR.pngUwlzUwS.pngFbBE7dN.png73vKFNE.png
oaolHwW.png
No support. There's already scrolls to change eye types? Just use one of those if you don't like it that much. If its a dragon you plan on selling, does it really matter? Sell it for cheap, or just exalt it. The solution literally already exists.

No support. There's already scrolls to change eye types? Just use one of those if you don't like it that much. If its a dragon you plan on selling, does it really matter? Sell it for cheap, or just exalt it. The solution literally already exists.

I dislike multigaze with a fiery passion and would like to avoid ever hatching it, but paying gems to swap it with a different eye type seems over complicated.

I don’t mind a mechanism to swap all my multigaze hatchlings for common ones; special eyes are often fodder price these days anyway, unless they’re particularly matchy etc, so in terms of sales I’d be losing, what, maybe 5 g every 55 nests? That’s hardly ‘gimping my account’.

Providing a toggle that means it exists but I just don’t see it would also be all fine by me.
I dislike multigaze with a fiery passion and would like to avoid ever hatching it, but paying gems to swap it with a different eye type seems over complicated.

I don’t mind a mechanism to swap all my multigaze hatchlings for common ones; special eyes are often fodder price these days anyway, unless they’re particularly matchy etc, so in terms of sales I’d be losing, what, maybe 5 g every 55 nests? That’s hardly ‘gimping my account’.

Providing a toggle that means it exists but I just don’t see it would also be all fine by me.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
No support for the original idea, which, to be quite honest, seems needlessly overcomplicated and unnecessary.

However, I would support adding a setting that changed the look of certain eye types on all dragons for just that user. To go into more detail, a setting where a user could for example disable primal eyes, and thus any primal dragons they viewed would show up as common-eyed instead on that one user's side only. It could be like the colour selection for auctions/in dragon search - a drop-down list that had a list of options (multigaze, goat, primal etc) and could have several selected to be "disabled" (reverted to common from only the perspective of that user) at once. Some eye types could also be specifically for type+element combos, such as plague primal.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm on mobile and typing this quickly so it might sound a bit weird :']
No support for the original idea, which, to be quite honest, seems needlessly overcomplicated and unnecessary.

However, I would support adding a setting that changed the look of certain eye types on all dragons for just that user. To go into more detail, a setting where a user could for example disable primal eyes, and thus any primal dragons they viewed would show up as common-eyed instead on that one user's side only. It could be like the colour selection for auctions/in dragon search - a drop-down list that had a list of options (multigaze, goat, primal etc) and could have several selected to be "disabled" (reverted to common from only the perspective of that user) at once. Some eye types could also be specifically for type+element combos, such as plague primal.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm on mobile and typing this quickly so it might sound a bit weird :']
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-05-08 22:58:31" ] I dislike multigaze with a fiery passion and would like to avoid ever hatching it, but paying gems to swap it with a different eye type seems over complicated. I don’t mind a mechanism to swap all my multigaze hatchlings for common ones; special eyes are often fodder price these days anyway, unless they’re particularly matchy etc, so in terms of sales I’d be losing, what, maybe 5 g every 55 nests? That’s hardly ‘gimping my account’. Providing a toggle that means it exists but I just don’t see it would also be all fine by me. [/quote] Not to mention, with a toggle, if you decide that you don't want to hatch a plague primal, you can turn off plague while hatching unhatched plague eggs, but then turn it on for hatching the unhatched eggs of all other flights. Same thing for if you feel that you have a pair that would fetch more money by having a 'special' eye type. When hatching, you can turn it on at that point and turn it off for all others. and if you truly truly hate a specific eye type, you can just turn it off and forget it.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-05-08 22:58:31:

Not to mention, with a toggle, if you decide that you don't want to hatch a plague primal, you can turn off plague while hatching unhatched plague eggs, but then turn it on for hatching the unhatched eggs of all other flights.

Same thing for if you feel that you have a pair that would fetch more money by having a 'special' eye type. When hatching, you can turn it on at that point and turn it off for all others.

and if you truly truly hate a specific eye type, you can just turn it off and forget it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
This type of thing would work as a nest setting (gear icon) in the nest page. No need to pay treasure or gems. Just toggle what eye type you want to avoid. I understand not liking an eye type, and a feature like this shouldn't restrict users. However we have a vial system.

Vial of Tempered Sight

Might I suggest that tempered sight stocks more frequently. This gives users more chance to stock up if they don't like the eyes.
This type of thing would work as a nest setting (gear icon) in the nest page. No need to pay treasure or gems. Just toggle what eye type you want to avoid. I understand not liking an eye type, and a feature like this shouldn't restrict users. However we have a vial system.

Vial of Tempered Sight

Might I suggest that tempered sight stocks more frequently. This gives users more chance to stock up if they don't like the eyes.
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
[quote name="ShinyQuagsire" date="2022-05-09 08:59:13" ] This type of thing would work as a nest setting (gear icon) in the nest page. No need to pay treasure or gems. Just toggle what eye type you want to avoid. I understand not liking an eye type, and a feature like this shouldn't restrict users. However we have a vial system. Vial of Tempered Sight Might I suggest that tempered sight stocks more frequently. This gives users more chance to stock up if they don't like the eyes. [/quote] My main issue with this is that some people want to avoid seeing those eyes completely, because they actually trigger them. so, having to try to use the vial of tempered sight on a dragon where you simply do not want to see that eye type at all, especially on your own nests, isn't really an optimal solution, to me at least. I do like that we have that vial, and that we can get rid of eye types we don't like on dragons we buy, I just would prefer to have the option to never even hatch a multigaze (or whatever eye type people dislike)
ShinyQuagsire wrote on 2022-05-09 08:59:13:

Vial of Tempered Sight

My main issue with this is that some people want to avoid seeing those eyes completely, because they actually trigger them. so, having to try to use the vial of tempered sight on a dragon where you simply do not want to see that eye type at all, especially on your own nests, isn't really an optimal solution, to me at least.

I do like that we have that vial, and that we can get rid of eye types we don't like on dragons we buy, I just would prefer to have the option to never even hatch a multigaze (or whatever eye type people dislike)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2022-05-09 09:04:39" ] [/quote] Not disagreeing with you. But it's more of it should be a personal censor and not one to where it ruins the game for others that like those eyes. The toggle just hides the eyes on the user side hatching the nest. The eye type remains but is just hidden with like common eyes. Users buying can still buy the dragon with that eye type. And we have the vial option too. I just don't want to lock out the other part of the player base. Nests should still hatch with those eyes but a user can just toggle if they want to see it. The dragon profile would still note that eye type.
Jemadar wrote on 2022-05-09 09:04:39:

Not disagreeing with you. But it's more of it should be a personal censor and not one to where it ruins the game for others that like those eyes. The toggle just hides the eyes on the user side hatching the nest. The eye type remains but is just hidden with like common eyes. Users buying can still buy the dragon with that eye type. And we have the vial option too. I just don't want to lock out the other part of the player base. Nests should still hatch with those eyes but a user can just toggle if they want to see it. The dragon profile would still note that eye type.
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
1 2 3 4