Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Forum subscription not working
So I joined a role play and I hit the subscribe button on it. I thought that would alert me whenever someone posted something, but since I subscribed, there have been a couple posts but nothing came up on my alerts. I know that the alerts work when I make a thread, but I thought they were also supposed to do that with subscriptions to other threads
So I joined a role play and I hit the subscribe button on it. I thought that would alert me whenever someone posted something, but since I subscribed, there have been a couple posts but nothing came up on my alerts. I know that the alerts work when I make a thread, but I thought they were also supposed to do that with subscriptions to other threads
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
they work for me when someone posts something on my thread for the first time o.O but after that nope. it doesn't inform me at all
they work for me when someone posts something on my thread for the first time o.O but after that nope. it doesn't inform me at all
animated_raven_avatar_by_ptarionn-d75rdxu.gif Art Shopraven_new_icon_by_ptarionn-d7r8zn9.gif Tumblrraven_icon_2015_by_ptarionn-d8t4cru.png
Bumping this to get it on @Thrage and @Akiri radar.
Bumping this to get it on @Thrage and @Akiri radar.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
i also have a lot of subscriptions but it's really a roll of the dice whether they work or not when someone posts.

for example, i made a thread titled 'treasure chests'. the last notification i have says that the user nocato posted on that thread. however, when i look i see that fayrin, ebony, undel, and callide posted there too. i have no notifications for them.

it also seems to favor some threads more than others. uvu i've made or posted in threads and gotten tons of notifications from them, yet in others i've posted or made i may get one, two, or even none.
i also have a lot of subscriptions but it's really a roll of the dice whether they work or not when someone posts.

for example, i made a thread titled 'treasure chests'. the last notification i have says that the user nocato posted on that thread. however, when i look i see that fayrin, ebony, undel, and callide posted there too. i have no notifications for them.

it also seems to favor some threads more than others. uvu i've made or posted in threads and gotten tons of notifications from them, yet in others i've posted or made i may get one, two, or even none.
gApsQ4I.png
I have some crazy issues with what forums my activity decides to follow too.

I came here to comment that a forum I posted on 2ish days ago, that has had regular activity after me, decided to let me know that someone said something specifically a minute ago, BUT JUST THAT ONE was important enough. I... don't know why. There was no @ activity towards me, nothing.

Then there are forums i've created that it doesn't consider following, even if I click "subscribe" on and off again.
I have some crazy issues with what forums my activity decides to follow too.

I came here to comment that a forum I posted on 2ish days ago, that has had regular activity after me, decided to let me know that someone said something specifically a minute ago, BUT JUST THAT ONE was important enough. I... don't know why. There was no @ activity towards me, nothing.

Then there are forums i've created that it doesn't consider following, even if I click "subscribe" on and off again.
67851.png
More info here: Forums not giving alerts
More info here: Forums not giving alerts
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

kHDHcKs.png
@Xhaztol
yeah definitely check out the other thread. It's been active for about two days now and has more info on the issue.
@Xhaztol
yeah definitely check out the other thread. It's been active for about two days now and has more info on the issue.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
Actually, collapsing this thread into an older one for tracking. Please keep all discussion on the subject here:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=40505&p=mb

Thanks!
Actually, collapsing this thread into an older one for tracking. Please keep all discussion on the subject here:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=40505&p=mb

Thanks!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer