Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ban begging for real-world money
1 2 3 4
No support!

Part of what I enjoy most about FR is the community aspect. People share their stories and experiences and that includes the hard times and when they need a little help. No one is obligated to donate to them and it's easy enough to ignore threads where people are asking for assistance either for free or with some form of compensation.

I don't have a lot of spare money for myself and I wouldn't donate to every random person seeking help. However, players I may not be super great friends with but whom I see around a lot and who I have great respect for based on their past words and deeds, sure I can throw them some help. I might ask for a little verification of certain things but otherwise it's my choice and my money.

While you should always be wary of scammers there are plenty of people who are down on their luck who are simply asking fellow community members for any aid they can offer.

I have seen the Gaia online b/c community come together to offer assistance for life saving surgery for the spouse of a well known and well liked member. B/C is like a thousand little petsites within one massive online site and no one stood up screaming "omg it could be a scam!!!"

I have seen the starcraft community (as well as other e-sports subreddits) rally around a team manager when fire devastated their home and their insurance was being *****. . The community cared enough about this member who had contributed so much to our enjoyment and time spent in the scene that we raised thousands of dollars in a very short time frame.

People are not stupid and it's easier to get scammed trading treasure for gems ( thanks for no safe trading system FR) than it is to lose money to someone asking for help. If you aren't comfortable donating then don't but there is no reason to deny others the right to make that decision for themselves.
No support!

Part of what I enjoy most about FR is the community aspect. People share their stories and experiences and that includes the hard times and when they need a little help. No one is obligated to donate to them and it's easy enough to ignore threads where people are asking for assistance either for free or with some form of compensation.

I don't have a lot of spare money for myself and I wouldn't donate to every random person seeking help. However, players I may not be super great friends with but whom I see around a lot and who I have great respect for based on their past words and deeds, sure I can throw them some help. I might ask for a little verification of certain things but otherwise it's my choice and my money.

While you should always be wary of scammers there are plenty of people who are down on their luck who are simply asking fellow community members for any aid they can offer.

I have seen the Gaia online b/c community come together to offer assistance for life saving surgery for the spouse of a well known and well liked member. B/C is like a thousand little petsites within one massive online site and no one stood up screaming "omg it could be a scam!!!"

I have seen the starcraft community (as well as other e-sports subreddits) rally around a team manager when fire devastated their home and their insurance was being *****. . The community cared enough about this member who had contributed so much to our enjoyment and time spent in the scene that we raised thousands of dollars in a very short time frame.

People are not stupid and it's easier to get scammed trading treasure for gems ( thanks for no safe trading system FR) than it is to lose money to someone asking for help. If you aren't comfortable donating then don't but there is no reason to deny others the right to make that decision for themselves.
No support.
No support.
[img][/img]fr_plaguebanner_by_seepranne-d6ghm2z.gif

Banner by seepratintti
1 2 3 4