Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Implications
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Astronic" date="2022-03-02 11:41:36" ] [center][quote name="Skrywer" date="2022-03-02 11:38:53" ] @SheridanCharon Actually... It could be? Because, the Aberrations do share a surprisingly big similarity to the Skydancers. [/quote] "ONLY [b]I[/b] CAN HAVE A SKINNY BIRD!" "ok but look i added a mane, it's 100% original"[/center] [/quote] Icewarden and his [i]two [/i]maned breeds: And I took that personally
Astronic wrote on 2022-03-02 11:41:36:
Skrywer wrote on 2022-03-02 11:38:53:
@SheridanCharon Actually... It could be?

Because, the Aberrations do share a surprisingly big similarity to the Skydancers.
"ONLY I CAN HAVE A SKINNY BIRD!"
"ok but look i added a mane, it's 100% original"
Icewarden and his two maned breeds: And I took that personally
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
It's possible Nature and Ice weren't working together, but they happened to be attacking Plague at the same time. So, they might've not been able to handle both of them, which could've led to their abandonment.
It's possible Nature and Ice weren't working together, but they happened to be attacking Plague at the same time. So, they might've not been able to handle both of them, which could've led to their abandonment.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[quote name="skyleaf" date="2022-03-02 11:42:31" ] [quote name="Skrywer" date="2022-03-02 10:47:50" ] I do like the theory of Ice and Nature vs Plague, but why would Ice be involved in N vs P?? Like, Icewarden is literally at the opposite side of the Gladekeeper, what could have motivated him to join a fight against Plaguebringer when we know that Icewarden spent most of his time either fighting the Flamecaller or shade-touched creatures. Did Icewarden and Gladekeeper make an alliance in the name of conquering the land, since Plaguebringer's territory is just in the middle of the map for them? Just what could have caused a 2v1 between them?? [/quote] Maybe it wasn't a 2v1 but fire was involved as well? We know the Gaolers had a war with the Banescale and the Banescale lost. So maybe it was ice & nature vs. fire & plague. Two sets of opposites fighting eachother [/quote] That would be really interesting if so, but it does bring up why ally together instead of fighting their opposites separately? Also, I feel like Flamecaller would've been referenced somewhere in the lore for the Aberrations if she was involved, but there wasn't any mention
skyleaf wrote on 2022-03-02 11:42:31:
Skrywer wrote on 2022-03-02 10:47:50:
I do like the theory of Ice and Nature vs Plague, but why would Ice be involved in N vs P??

Like, Icewarden is literally at the opposite side of the Gladekeeper, what could have motivated him to join a fight against Plaguebringer when we know that Icewarden spent most of his time either fighting the Flamecaller or shade-touched creatures.

Did Icewarden and Gladekeeper make an alliance in the name of conquering the land, since Plaguebringer's territory is just in the middle of the map for them? Just what could have caused a 2v1 between them??

Maybe it wasn't a 2v1 but fire was involved as well? We know the Gaolers had a war with the Banescale and the Banescale lost. So maybe it was ice & nature vs. fire & plague. Two sets of opposites fighting eachother
That would be really interesting if so, but it does bring up why ally together instead of fighting their opposites separately? Also, I feel like Flamecaller would've been referenced somewhere in the lore for the Aberrations if she was involved, but there wasn't any mention
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
[quote name="Snowbelle" date="2022-03-02 11:11:26" ] Perhaps Banescales weren't the Gaolers' first genocide rodeo. [/quote] WHEDJRFKGLÑH{
Snowbelle wrote on 2022-03-02 11:11:26:
Perhaps Banescales weren't the Gaolers' first genocide rodeo.
WHEDJRFKGLÑH{
UU5sIpr.pngI love purple
BT1N47G.pngFlight Rising+3
v2PJF9u.png
mNH9cjt.png
AO77JKB.gif
[quote name="@Skrywer" date="2022-03-02 11:38:53" ] SheridanCharon Actually... It could be? Because, the Aberrations do share a surprisingly big similarity to the Skydancers. [/quote] There's also the Crescendo's description to consider, how the Ice and Wind deities have clashed in the past. It just feels off to mention Ice specifically but onlu "The Green One" for the other, like misdirection - We KNOW Plague and Nature hate each other, so we'd naturally assume that the Abberation was referring to Glademom and not really question it. But we have past mentions of Ice and Wind in a form of tandem before... Could the creation of the Crescendo and the gooing of the Abberations be linked?
@Skrywer wrote on 2022-03-02 11:38:53:
SheridanCharon Actually... It could be?

Because, the Aberrations do share a surprisingly big similarity to the Skydancers.

There's also the Crescendo's description to consider, how the Ice and Wind deities have clashed in the past.

It just feels off to mention Ice specifically but onlu "The Green One" for the other, like misdirection - We KNOW Plague and Nature hate each other, so we'd naturally assume that the Abberation was referring to Glademom and not really question it. But we have past mentions of Ice and Wind in a form of tandem before...

Could the creation of the Crescendo and the gooing of the Abberations be linked?
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
Gladekeeper and Icewarden definitely had something to do with their fate. They were probably defeated and so Plaguebringer got ****** and threw them into the Wyrmwound to maybe make them grow stronger. That’s her MO, to adapt and grow, only the strong survive
Gladekeeper and Icewarden definitely had something to do with their fate. They were probably defeated and so Plaguebringer got ****** and threw them into the Wyrmwound to maybe make them grow stronger. That’s her MO, to adapt and grow, only the strong survive
OuDych9.png (c)UserOfShadows
I'm really enjoying everyone's theories, but I couldn't help but think of [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=99]The Seed and The Sickness[/url] when reading these lines (further helped by Toph and Cariane investigating the spread of Nature's influence after TSatS): [quote]“The Green One laughed, the Ice did too,” the heads chanted in unison.[/quote] [quote]The day Mother swept us into the goo!”[/quote] [quote]“MOTHER RAGED, MOTHER CRIED,” the heads intoned as they spun their opponent around in a circle. “She didn’t know WE SURVIVED!” the dragon’s heads roared, as their spin picked up speed.[/quote] In The Seed and The Sickness, there's mention of an Armistice following a Great War between Plague and Nature: [quote]"This ceremony serves as recognition of the great war between the Plaguebringer and the Gladekeeper and observes our continued Armistice. The chaos and death from that dark era must never again come to pass."[/quote] For those who aren't aware, an armistice may be a partial or temporary cessation of hostilities - called a local armistice or truce - or it can mean a general armistice (i.e., a total cessation of all hostilities). However, all parties involved have to agree to the armistice for it to take effect. What if one of the conditions of the Armistice between Plague and Nature was the demilitarization of Plague's forces? I.e. the Plaguebringer had to get rid of her "weapons", the Aberrations - AKA her [i]own children[/I]. That may be why Plaguebringer swept the Aberrations into the Wyrmwound despite clearly being unhappy about it, and why the Aberrations are so obsessed with getting stronger beyond the typical Plague philosophy (since if they were stronger, Plaguebringer might have been able to win the war outright instead of accepting the armistice). The Gladekeeper may or may not have had to do the same, depending on who was ahead at the time the terms of the Armistice were created - who knows, maybe we'll see a bunch of Nature Ancients crawl out from under the Behemoth or something. As for why the Icewarden would have "laughed" at the destruction of the Aberrations, it could easily have been for reasons as simple as seeing them as a threat to his territory and Gaolers (as the Banescales were) and being pleased that they were now one less thing for him to worry about. Also, on an unrelated meta-lore note, I love how the Aberrations are a reference to the original concept of Mirrors, with the two heads/two tails "mirror" design that gave Mirrors their name (though only the 4 eyes thing made it into the modern Mirror design). Both in-universe and out-of-universe, Aberrations [i]are[/i] proto-Mirrors!
I'm really enjoying everyone's theories, but I couldn't help but think of The Seed and The Sickness when reading these lines (further helped by Toph and Cariane investigating the spread of Nature's influence after TSatS):
Quote:
“The Green One laughed, the Ice did too,” the heads chanted in unison.
Quote:
The day Mother swept us into the goo!”
Quote:
“MOTHER RAGED, MOTHER CRIED,” the heads intoned as they spun their opponent around in a circle. “She didn’t know WE SURVIVED!” the dragon’s heads roared, as their spin picked up speed.

In The Seed and The Sickness, there's mention of an Armistice following a Great War between Plague and Nature:
Quote:
"This ceremony serves as recognition of the great war between the Plaguebringer and the Gladekeeper and observes our continued Armistice. The chaos and death from that dark era must never again come to pass."

For those who aren't aware, an armistice may be a partial or temporary cessation of hostilities - called a local armistice or truce - or it can mean a general armistice (i.e., a total cessation of all hostilities). However, all parties involved have to agree to the armistice for it to take effect. What if one of the conditions of the Armistice between Plague and Nature was the demilitarization of Plague's forces? I.e. the Plaguebringer had to get rid of her "weapons", the Aberrations - AKA her own children. That may be why Plaguebringer swept the Aberrations into the Wyrmwound despite clearly being unhappy about it, and why the Aberrations are so obsessed with getting stronger beyond the typical Plague philosophy (since if they were stronger, Plaguebringer might have been able to win the war outright instead of accepting the armistice). The Gladekeeper may or may not have had to do the same, depending on who was ahead at the time the terms of the Armistice were created - who knows, maybe we'll see a bunch of Nature Ancients crawl out from under the Behemoth or something.

As for why the Icewarden would have "laughed" at the destruction of the Aberrations, it could easily have been for reasons as simple as seeing them as a threat to his territory and Gaolers (as the Banescales were) and being pleased that they were now one less thing for him to worry about.

Also, on an unrelated meta-lore note, I love how the Aberrations are a reference to the original concept of Mirrors, with the two heads/two tails "mirror" design that gave Mirrors their name (though only the 4 eyes thing made it into the modern Mirror design). Both in-universe and out-of-universe, Aberrations are proto-Mirrors!
Na5WGHa.png
[quote name="Maithax" date="2022-03-02 11:47:11" ] [quote name="skyleaf" date="2022-03-02 11:42:31" ] [quote name="Skrywer" date="2022-03-02 10:47:50" ] I do like the theory of Ice and Nature vs Plague, but why would Ice be involved in N vs P?? Like, Icewarden is literally at the opposite side of the Gladekeeper, what could have motivated him to join a fight against Plaguebringer when we know that Icewarden spent most of his time either fighting the Flamecaller or shade-touched creatures. Did Icewarden and Gladekeeper make an alliance in the name of conquering the land, since Plaguebringer's territory is just in the middle of the map for them? Just what could have caused a 2v1 between them?? [/quote] Maybe it wasn't a 2v1 but fire was involved as well? We know the Gaolers had a war with the Banescale and the Banescale lost. So maybe it was ice & nature vs. fire & plague. Two sets of opposites fighting eachother [/quote] That would be really interesting if so, but it does bring up why ally together instead of fighting their opposites separately? Also, I feel like Flamecaller would've been referenced somewhere in the lore for the Aberrations if she was involved, but there wasn't any mention [/quote] I just reread the fire story and it seems like the Banescale were actively out to conquer in the name of their mother at first, so maybe Glademom was worried they would be fire's next target and decided to help ice? And fire went "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and allied with plague, which didn't work out very well for plague because the Banescale fell soon after and it became a 2v1 Or it was the other way around: maybe nature asked ice for help in war, and ice agreed because (as someone else pointed out) they believed the Abberrations were part shade or otherwise a threat, and THEN fire vs ice started because the Banescale saw this as a chance to attack ice while at their weakest. There are many possibilities of why/how the flights might have allied but the lack of mention of eachother does make it difficult...
Maithax wrote on 2022-03-02 11:47:11:
skyleaf wrote on 2022-03-02 11:42:31:
Skrywer wrote on 2022-03-02 10:47:50:
I do like the theory of Ice and Nature vs Plague, but why would Ice be involved in N vs P??

Like, Icewarden is literally at the opposite side of the Gladekeeper, what could have motivated him to join a fight against Plaguebringer when we know that Icewarden spent most of his time either fighting the Flamecaller or shade-touched creatures.

Did Icewarden and Gladekeeper make an alliance in the name of conquering the land, since Plaguebringer's territory is just in the middle of the map for them? Just what could have caused a 2v1 between them??

Maybe it wasn't a 2v1 but fire was involved as well? We know the Gaolers had a war with the Banescale and the Banescale lost. So maybe it was ice & nature vs. fire & plague. Two sets of opposites fighting eachother
That would be really interesting if so, but it does bring up why ally together instead of fighting their opposites separately? Also, I feel like Flamecaller would've been referenced somewhere in the lore for the Aberrations if she was involved, but there wasn't any mention

I just reread the fire story and it seems like the Banescale were actively out to conquer in the name of their mother at first, so maybe Glademom was worried they would be fire's next target and decided to help ice? And fire went "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" and allied with plague, which didn't work out very well for plague because the Banescale fell soon after and it became a 2v1

Or it was the other way around: maybe nature asked ice for help in war, and ice agreed because (as someone else pointed out) they believed the Abberrations were part shade or otherwise a threat, and THEN fire vs ice started because the Banescale saw this as a chance to attack ice while at their weakest.

There are many possibilities of why/how the flights might have allied but the lack of mention of eachother does make it difficult...
RAS7foa.png
Wn94zHr.png
XmHV7tO.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png

edsfge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx skyleaf.gif
The lore seems to show Plaguebringer is honestly one of the better dragon parents. If she was only upset about losing, why bother putting any of her spawn into the goop soup? She did that for a reason, even though it appears to conflict with “survival of the fittest,” since it’s showing compassion for the weak. I’d imagine if she truly saw them as failures, she could’ve done nothing and let them all die. Maybe throwing them in Baldwin’s Bootleg Brew was her only hope that they would, someday, adapt to become strong enough, but could she have any way of knowing whether it would be successful? Her interference appears to indicate she saw them as something worth protecting. When she lost them, she was described as angry and upset; not annoyed, or disappointed, or even just indifferent. Plaguebringer might have actually loved and cared about them.
The lore seems to show Plaguebringer is honestly one of the better dragon parents. If she was only upset about losing, why bother putting any of her spawn into the goop soup? She did that for a reason, even though it appears to conflict with “survival of the fittest,” since it’s showing compassion for the weak. I’d imagine if she truly saw them as failures, she could’ve done nothing and let them all die. Maybe throwing them in Baldwin’s Bootleg Brew was her only hope that they would, someday, adapt to become strong enough, but could she have any way of knowing whether it would be successful? Her interference appears to indicate she saw them as something worth protecting. When she lost them, she was described as angry and upset; not annoyed, or disappointed, or even just indifferent. Plaguebringer might have actually loved and cared about them.
Important to remember that the ancestors of the aberations were not themselves aberations. They could have just been proto-mirrors and other early plagueflight dragons.
Important to remember that the ancestors of the aberations were not themselves aberations. They could have just been proto-mirrors and other early plagueflight dragons.
1 2 3 4