Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 115 116
[center][permalink][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/banner_whistlewhileyouwork.png[/img][/permalink][/center] We've broken ground! Our newest [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/trading]Trading Post[/url] activity, [b]Arlo's Ancient Artifacts[/b] is now live. You can now begin helping Arlo the Obelisk dig for new and exciting discoveries! [center][permalink][b]Click here to learn more about this update.[/b][/permalink][/center] [more] ---------------- [info]Much of the information in this post was made available in our earlier [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3075996][b]Dev Update[/b][/url] about the feature, just in case it reads as redundant.[/info] [size=5][b]Arlo's Ancient Artifacts[/b][/size] The incredible findings of the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3017511]Dustcarve Dig[/url][/b] have spurred new interest in [b]archaeology[/b] throughout Sornieth! Clans everywhere are beginning to break ground and aid the Dragonhome Preservation Guild in the search for treasures and trinkets. [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/preview_arlonpc.png[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: A banner image of a brown, green, and goldenrod obelisk dragon holding a pickaxe and wearing excavation gear.[/size][/I][/center] [b]Arlo[/b], one of several obelisk dragons that have taken up this pursuit, needs your clan's help in the myriad digsites he oversees across the realm. In this new [b]Trading Post activity[/b], you can muster resources and use them to dig in sites and plots to find precious artifacts. You can also share your research with your friends. ------------ [size=5][b]Mustering Resources[/b][/size] Once per day, you are able to [b]Muster Resources[/b]. This action adds a randomized [b]assortment of tools[/b] to your archaeological project. Pickaxes, magnifying glasses, and research notes can be procured, and each has a special purpose towards uncovering artifacts in digsites. [b]Mustering Resources[/b] also rewards experience. ----------- [size=5][b]Digsites[/b][/size] Digsites are thematic collections of tiled plots that, once uncovered, will yield [b]items[/b] and [b]experience points[/b]. Much like [b]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew[/b], your [b]archaeology experience[/b] dictates what digsites your clan is able to work on, and thusly, what rewards and items you can uncover. Although the feature debuts today with only one available digsite, [i]Thunder Lizards[/i], you can expect more sites to open up as part of our future content updates. [b]NOTE:[/b] Future digsites will require a minimum archaeology level in order to access and work on them. Items available through the Thunder Lizards dig site include: [center][item=sunrise troodo][item=jade troodo][item=iguanador][item=armored iguanador] [item=Lowjaw Minmi][item=Shardback Minmi][item=Styrantrum][item=Styracavus] [item=Scene: Thunder Lizards][item=Vista: Thunder Lizards][item=Primary Gene: Ground][item=Secondary Gene: Fissure] [item=dark dinosaur armor][item=dusty dinosaur armor][item=gold dinosaur armor][item=jade dinosaur armor][/center] ---------- [size=5][b]Get to Work[/b][/size] Within a digsite, you'll be shown an assortment of different sized [b]plots[/b], which all have a number of [b]dirt tiles[/b] to be uncovered. In order to yield an [b]artifact reward[/b], you must [b]uncover all of the tiles within a plot[/b]. Uncovering tiles is made possible by the resources you've mustered, and any research that has been shared with you by your friends. [size=4][b]Types of Work Orders[/b][/size] There are two types of [b]digging actions ("work orders")[/b] you can perform with the tools you collect using Muster Resources. [LIST] [*][b]Rugged Work[/b]: Performing this action consumes one [b]pickaxe[/b] from your resources and will begin a work order on [b]multiple random tiles[/b], selected from any available plots. Using a pickaxe also rewards experience. [*][b]Precise Work[/b]: Performing this action consumes one (1) [b]magnifying glass[/b] from your resources and will allow you to specifically choose a plot within the current digsite to work on. [b]One (1) random tile in the plot will be worked[/b]. Using a magnifying glass also rewards experience. [/LIST] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/pickaxe-dig-animation.gif[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: An animation depicting a pickaxe striking an individual tile within a digsite plot.[/size][/I][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/Magnifying-Glass-2.gif[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: An animation depicting a magnifying glass searching an individual tile within a digsite plot.[/size][/I][/center] After some time has passed, your work orders will complete and you can clear the tiles away—revealing a bit of the artifact(s) beneath! [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/Crumble.gif[/img] [I][size=1]Image Caption: An animation depicting a tile that has completed its work order and is crumbling away to reveal part of the underlying artwork beneath the dirt tile grid.[/size][/I][/center] ----------- [size=5][b]Sharing Research[/b][/size] In addition to tools, you can procure [b]research notes[/b] from your field team. And in the spirit of collaboration, these notes are intended for you to share with your fellow players! You can share research notes in several ways: [LIST] [*][b]Assist a Friend[/b]: You can send up to three (3) research notes to a player on your friends list. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots, across all their unlocked digsites. Research note recipients can have [b]no more than nine (9) tiles unlocked by research notes at a time.[/b] They must uncover those tiles to receive more. [b]Assist a Friend[/b] also rewards experience. [*][b]Share with Colleagues[/b]: You can send up to three (3) research notes to random active players on your friends list. Each randomly chosen player will receive one (1) note. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots, across all their unlocked digsites. [b]Share with Colleagues[/b] also rewards experience. [*][b]Donate to the Guild[/b]: For those that don't care to share their notes or prefer solo play, you can [b]relinquish 8 notes[/b] to the Dragon Home Preservation Guild in exchange for [b]additional digging tools[/b]. This is a change we've made based on player feedback from the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3075996]earlier Dev Update post previewing this feature.[/url] [/b] [/LIST] -------- We're excited to finally share this new feature with our community, and excited to see what everyone digs up! -------- [b][size=5]Trickmurk Circus Skin Contest[/size][/b] [emoji=shadow rune size=1] The ninth annual Trickmurk Circus will begin February 20, 2022, and we're running a skin and accent contest in celebration![url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3101661] Click here for more information![/url] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/3101661][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/shadow_contest.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [size=5][b]FAQ[/b][/size] [i]We will be adding as many answers to community questions within this part of the post. Check back periodically![/i] [b]Why is my Friends List empty or missing someone when I go to share my research notes?[/b] In order to be able to share your research notes, they must: [list][*]Have used Arlo's Ancient Artifacts at least once. [*]Be an active player. [*]Have not already reached their research notes limit.[/list] --- [b]What is the research notes limit?[/b] Once you've 9 tiles unlocked from research notes sent by your friends, you must uncover those tiles to receive more research help from others. --- [b]Are plots only able to be completed once?[/b] Once you complete a plot and collect it it can be completed again and again. You receive a little ribbon for each plot you complete at least once! --- [b]Do resources reset at rollover?[/b] [b]Resources[/b] [i](pickaxe/magnifying glass/research notes)[/i] [b]do not reset to zero at rollover. [/b]You can muster again after rollover. --- [b]Is there a cap on stored resources?[/b] The cap for resources is so high, it's effectively uncapped. You don't need to worry about maxing out your stored resources in the event you're only able to muster resources for a period of time. [emoji=banescale happy size=1]
banner_whistlewhileyouwork.png

We've broken ground! Our newest Trading Post activity, Arlo's Ancient Artifacts is now live. You can now begin helping Arlo the Obelisk dig for new and exciting discoveries!

Much of the information in this post was made available in our earlier Dev Update about the feature, just in case it reads as redundant.

Arlo's Ancient Artifacts

The incredible findings of the Dustcarve Dig have spurred new interest in archaeology throughout Sornieth! Clans everywhere are beginning to break ground and aid the Dragonhome Preservation Guild in the search for treasures and trinkets.
preview_arlonpc.png
Image Caption: A banner image of a brown, green, and goldenrod obelisk dragon holding a pickaxe and wearing excavation gear.

Arlo, one of several obelisk dragons that have taken up this pursuit, needs your clan's help in the myriad digsites he oversees across the realm. In this new Trading Post activity, you can muster resources and use them to dig in sites and plots to find precious artifacts. You can also share your research with your friends.

Mustering Resources

Once per day, you are able to Muster Resources. This action adds a randomized assortment of tools to your archaeological project. Pickaxes, magnifying glasses, and research notes can be procured, and each has a special purpose towards uncovering artifacts in digsites. Mustering Resources also rewards experience.

Digsites

Digsites are thematic collections of tiled plots that, once uncovered, will yield items and experience points.

Much like Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, your archaeology experience dictates what digsites your clan is able to work on, and thusly, what rewards and items you can uncover. Although the feature debuts today with only one available digsite, Thunder Lizards, you can expect more sites to open up as part of our future content updates. NOTE: Future digsites will require a minimum archaeology level in order to access and work on them.

Items available through the Thunder Lizards dig site include:
Sunrise Troodo Jade Troodo Iguanador Armored Iguanador
Lowjaw Minmi Shardback Minmi Styrantrum Styracavus
Scene: Thunder Lizards Vista: Thunder Lizards Primary Gene: Ground Secondary Gene: Fissure
Dark Dinosaur Armor Dusty Dinosaur Armor Gold Dinosaur Armor Jade Dinosaur Armor

Get to Work

Within a digsite, you'll be shown an assortment of different sized plots, which all have a number of dirt tiles to be uncovered. In order to yield an artifact reward, you must uncover all of the tiles within a plot. Uncovering tiles is made possible by the resources you've mustered, and any research that has been shared with you by your friends.

Types of Work Orders

There are two types of digging actions ("work orders") you can perform with the tools you collect using Muster Resources.
  • Rugged Work: Performing this action consumes one pickaxe from your resources and will begin a work order on multiple random tiles, selected from any available plots. Using a pickaxe also rewards experience.
  • Precise Work: Performing this action consumes one (1) magnifying glass from your resources and will allow you to specifically choose a plot within the current digsite to work on. One (1) random tile in the plot will be worked. Using a magnifying glass also rewards experience.
pickaxe-dig-animation.gif
Image Caption: An animation depicting a pickaxe striking an individual tile within a digsite plot.

Magnifying-Glass-2.gif
Image Caption: An animation depicting a magnifying glass searching an individual tile within a digsite plot.

After some time has passed, your work orders will complete and you can clear the tiles away—revealing a bit of the artifact(s) beneath!

Crumble.gif
Image Caption: An animation depicting a tile that has completed its work order and is crumbling away to reveal part of the underlying artwork beneath the dirt tile grid.

Sharing Research

In addition to tools, you can procure research notes from your field team. And in the spirit of collaboration, these notes are intended for you to share with your fellow players! You can share research notes in several ways:
  • Assist a Friend: You can send up to three (3) research notes to a player on your friends list. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots, across all their unlocked digsites. Research note recipients can have no more than nine (9) tiles unlocked by research notes at a time. They must uncover those tiles to receive more. Assist a Friend also rewards experience.
  • Share with Colleagues: You can send up to three (3) research notes to random active players on your friends list. Each randomly chosen player will receive one (1) note. The notes will appear as worked tiles randomly dispersed on their eligible plots, across all their unlocked digsites. Share with Colleagues also rewards experience.
  • Donate to the Guild: For those that don't care to share their notes or prefer solo play, you can relinquish 8 notes to the Dragon Home Preservation Guild in exchange for additional digging tools. This is a change we've made based on player feedback from the earlier Dev Update post previewing this feature.

We're excited to finally share this new feature with our community, and excited to see what everyone digs up!

Trickmurk Circus Skin Contest

The ninth annual Trickmurk Circus will begin February 20, 2022, and we're running a skin and accent contest in celebration! Click here for more information!
shadow_contest.png

FAQ

We will be adding as many answers to community questions within this part of the post. Check back periodically!

Why is my Friends List empty or missing someone when I go to share my research notes?

In order to be able to share your research notes, they must:
  • Have used Arlo's Ancient Artifacts at least once.
  • Be an active player.
  • Have not already reached their research notes limit.

---

What is the research notes limit?

Once you've 9 tiles unlocked from research notes sent by your friends, you must uncover those tiles to receive more research help from others.

---

Are plots only able to be completed once?

Once you complete a plot and collect it it can be completed again and again. You receive a little ribbon for each plot you complete at least once!

---

Do resources reset at rollover?

Resources (pickaxe/magnifying glass/research notes) do not reset to zero at rollover. You can muster again after rollover.

---

Is there a cap on stored resources?

The cap for resources is so high, it's effectively uncapped. You don't need to worry about maxing out your stored resources in the event you're only able to muster resources for a period of time.
~ Flight Rising Engineering Team ~
- Do you want to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot!

Flight Rising
Knowledge Base

Flight Rising Rules & Policies
its back!
its back!
5p1NDy8.png
I've never been this early! And I am SO EXCITED FOR THIS UPDATE! Thank you so much staff :)
I've never been this early! And I am SO EXCITED FOR THIS UPDATE! Thank you so much staff :)
OvgrUjj.png
YES!!! THAT’S OUR BOI!!!! OUR SON!!!
YES!!! THAT’S OUR BOI!!!! OUR SON!!!
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
LETS GO
LETS GO
>aleph
>it/its
>+3 frt
>alterhuman
>rivethead
>delete system32
Hnet-com-image.png
Woo!
Woo!
xx Ilios; + she/her.
FR +2. minimalist.

> about me
> wishlist
> art shop
x LihMChV.png
YOOOOOOOOOO
YOOOOOOOOOO
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
!!!!!
!!!!!
WDPGGWi.png
YEESS
YEESS
7odDSu3.pngQNDaGpC.pnghUMrDFx.gif
YEEES
YEEES
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 115 116